Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 34 - Allen Central 24
A_Ray #5 :];845133 Wrote:And So Is AC and the Crowder Twins.
I doubt that you have ever been to see the Crowders. And I would also enjoy seeing you on the field with them.
the old WASP Wrote:I doubt that you have ever been to see the Crowders. And I would also enjoy seeing you on the field with them.

We watched the Crowders last year. And i would enjoy being on the field with them also. Well until halftime then the JV would play the rest of the game for us. They play sucky teams and get there stats which aren't very impressive anyways. If they played any schools that we played they would be lucky to get out of the backfield.
StrayBullet Wrote:Way to Go Pikeville!!!!! I was pulling for you guys to keep the streak alive...

HOW many wins are in a streak? Just askin! TongueirateSho
the old WASP Wrote:I was suprised that the coach changed all this crap with this tough game. Everybody talked all week how pikeville is a passing team, and he did nothing to stop it. Why did the Crowder boys not even get the ball in the second half. I mean lets be honest the Crowders are pretty much the whole team, with more yardage and touchdown, and extra points. Yet he chose to not let them run the ball the seconf half. Go figure. Jackson is usually on a reciever, but he also changed that. You just don't do this changes with a game this important

I'm not sure if I missed something or not, I only got to catch the replay of this game on TV. I did not see a whole lot of changes from half to half. It looked like on TV that maybe Logan C. got banged up about half way through the game though, that may have changed things some. I would like to have had him full strength, but again, I only saw the TV replay. I saw the stats posted by General, and if they are accurate, it looks like the number of carries and yardage is about the same for the key players though. I don't want to get on a weather issue, because that always sounds like excuses. I simply think that there were too many turnovers. Niether team could keep the ball on sustained drives. It is too bad this not golf and you get a "mulligan". I would like to see this re played and both teams hang on to the ball. I think it would have looked a lot different and maybe have a different result. But you know what they say about "ifs and buts"(lol). Anyway, I am proud of that whole AC bunch (players, coaches and fans). 10-0 would have been really sweet, no doubt about that, but there will only be a handful of teams each year that can say they had a legitimate shot at 9-1.

On a side note, I used to pretend to be a coach and would get criticized for not changing enough (lol), to stubborn I guess.
big yellow ball fan Wrote:HOW many wins are in a streak? Just askin! TongueirateSho

I've been a part of some in the past that 1 was enough for a streak:lmao:
Stats were in Friday's Floyd County Times- H. Crowder 15 carries for 112 yards, Jackson 13 for 105 and L. Crowder 9 for 70 and he was not 100% in the second half. According to the paper AC rushed for 327 yards. Pikeville had 185 yards rushing and 148 yards passing. Paper also indicated that for the season (thru Pikeville game) H. Crowder rushed 85 times for 579 yards 6td, L. Crowder 57 for 542 7td, Jackson 60 for 509 5td.