Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 34 - Allen Central 24
Final.
Wow Good Job Pikeville
Both teams played very hard and were able to move the football. AC ran out of gas in the 2nd half. Pikeville kicking game was very impressive..
Great start and overall good game.
Pikeville simply wanted this game more, and they went out and took care of business. They had heard all week about how much better Allen Central was, and they went and shut a lot of people up (including me). The offensive coordinator deserves a lot of credit because Allen Central looked confused the whole game defensively. With that said, I'm disappointed that the Allen Central coaches didn't adjust their defensive game plan at all the whole night. On the flip side, it's easy to beat a team when you know what they are going to do, and by saying that I am by no means downgrading Pikeville's defensive performance. Allen Central has thrown the ball, like what, 20 times all season?! I don't care how powerful your backs are, you have to throw the ball to keep defenses honest, and if you want to compete come playoff time. Even Belfry throws it every now and then. If Allen Central wants to advance come post-season play, they will HAVE to throw the football. I'll be interested to see how Allen Central reacts the rest of the season with all the hype this game had coming into it. Both teams are very solid in their respective ways, and I wish both nothing but the best of luck the rest of the way.

**On a side note, I saw some things tonight from BOTH sides as far as sportsmanship goes that were just uncalled for. A few times, Pikeville had some players showboat and act like fools after a play, and Allen Central had some guys on the sideline throwing helmets and taking fits for whatever reason. I realize a game like this has a lot of different emotions flying around, but as players you have to harness your emotions, and as coaches, you have to harness your players.
Congrats Pikeville!
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Pikeville had some players showboat and act like fools after a play
Thank God. I would like some emotion from them for once. Watching them sometimes it was as if they didn't care. I didn't see anything crazy they did. but having a lil swag is not a penalty. THUG LIFE :flame:
Panther Thunder Wrote:Thank God. I would like some emotion from them for once. Watching them sometimes it was as if they didn't care. I didn't see anything crazy they did. but having a lil swag is not a penalty. THUG LIFE :flame:
I agree. I enjoy seeing players show emotion after a big stop. But a time or two I noticed just some minor taunting and stuff as far as making it a little too "personal." It wasn't anything that cost them as far as penalties go or anything like that, but there's a fine line between showing emotion and taunting your opponent. :rockon:
BlueSky Wrote:Both teams played very hard and were able to move the football. AC ran out of gas in the 2nd half. Pikeville kicking game was very impressive..
The 40 yarder that I assume was just wide to the right would have been good from at least 55 if it was straight. It hit halfway up the fence. And almost all the kickoffs were in the endzone.
Any stats for both teams?
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
I called this one.

Congrats Panthers!
WOW! Pikeville silences there critics with a very impressive win. AC can still make something from this game and be ready come Playoff time.
This game went as I thought. Allen Central can still have a great season.
Tonight's game reminded me of a famous quote from one of the greatest movies ever - Tombstone, "You called down the thunder well now you got it."

Mind you I hadn't seen Pikeville once all season, yet I can't believe there were hardcore Panther fans before the game saying this team played with no heart. They showed a lot of heart and moxie tonight. AC fans, the media and me included called down the thunder with the hype all week and Pikeville took care of business when opportunities arised.

Everyone knew coming in that if Allen Central got behind by more than 2 possessions they would have a hard time catching up because of the methodical way they run the ball and attempt to dominate time of possession. The Rebels go for it on 4th and 1 on their first drive of the game on their own 27 yard line and Pikeville stops them, resulting in excellent field position and a 14-0 advantage. If AC pulls off the 4th and 1 and possibly scores to keep matching Pikeville early, coach Jeremy Hall is the hero. If AC doesn't make it (and they didn't) then coach Hall is the goat. He rolled the dice, gambled and lost. That was critical early, yet I understand why Coach Hall went for it because it would've gave his team the mental edge they needed. Stand by your decisions and don't question yourself.

Logan gets hurt at the end of the 2nd quarter. AC marches 80 yards and scores to start the 3rd quarter without him. Suddenly, he's back on special teams for the kickoff and has what appeared to be a bad wheel. Pikeville returns the kickoff for a TD and takes the lead back for good. I didn't like putting him out on the special teams - JMO.

And I have to disagree with an earlier poster that criticized AC for trying to switch things up and not passing enough or whatever. What I don't understand is that AC runs the wishbone "T" very effectively and used that formation to score and tie the game at 24-24. The rest of the night, AC ran Logan at wide out as a decoy and went away from what works. Dance with the one that brought you and stay on the ground in the "T".

All in all it was a great game to enjoy and watch. Congrats to Pikeville and coach Howard. They mixed up their offensive plays very well and confused AC's defense. Branham sold his fakes well at QB and played a solid game overall. Also, hats off to Pikeville's pressure on defense, forcing AC to cough up the football on numerous occasions and recovering 2 fumbles. Good luck next week and the rest of the season Pikeville.

AC - hold your head up, the season is FAR from over. I love coach Hall's philosophy of taking it one-game-at-a-time and truly, that's how the season should be played out. There's plenty of "first" left to obtain Rebels, so go out and take it! Play hard Rebels, we'll be cheering you along.
Looks like another District year for Pikeville! Congrats to the Realville in District 8!
congrats pikeville now u get to try to end streak against the pirates, but i believe it keeps going
congrats pikeville
any stats?
Pikeville's kicking game was great, passing fair.
AC struggled with both, but played well.
Officials need to make it less obvious who they are supporting. They need to be neutral and remember these are young men. The behavior of the officials was shameful---it was quite obvious of how they supported Pikeville. They even allowed Pikevilles coach to practically stay on the field,rather than the sideline. That was simply overlooked as well as some very obvious calls. Probably wouldn't have made a difference in the score, but it sure makes a statement of how officials should not ACT!!!!!!!!!
Anybody ever get any stats?
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Good win for pikeville. lets see if Allen Central can bounce back
...it being a home game for Pville and all the hype....i just wonder... Keep digging AC u r #1...Go prove what u have.,,,,,,,,,Good Luck AC
Congrats Pikeville
Big win pikeville
Congrats Pikeville!

I figured from all the talk led up to this game AC was going to back it up.
Congrats Pikeville
thats alright allen central you all played with all you all had last night keep up the good work and improve come playoff time you all might have to face them again and then see how that one plays out but a big thing last night was it was raining and the ball was wet and they was alot of turnovers from allen central and alot of big call's
rebel84 Wrote:thats alright allen central you all played with all you all had last night keep up the good work and improve come playoff time you all might have to face them again and then see how that one plays out but a big thing last night was it was raining and the ball was wet and they was alot of turnovers from allen central and alot of big call's

O but I thought the weather was not a factor? :eyeroll:
O yea. I forgot to add that Pikeville played with dry footballs last night.
suprised because i thought the crowder twins would pull ou all the stops
Way to Go Pikeville!!!!! I was pulling for you guys to keep the streak alive...