Poll: Belfry vs. Whitley County
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Belfry (2-2)
49.23%
Whitley County (1-2)
50.77%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Whitley County 9/18
If you look at how much Belfry improves every week then you'd see how close this game is gonna be. With the momentum from last week and Thomas the Tank Engine, Belfry could pull this one off.
Pirates FTW!
Belfry-24
Whitley-21
:popcorn:
Whitley will win 28-14
phs1986 Wrote:HUH??? You disagree that if you underestimate the Pirates you might not know football? Maybe you need to go back and re-read my post again!! Confusedhh:

I read your post... I meant I disagree that they shouldn't underestimate Belfry... wow, nevermind.
Old Jacket Wrote:Look for whitley to beat up Belfry. LCC gave them a win last friday nite. I dont see them getten that lucky twice because honestly they are not that good.
honestly, have you ever played a football game in your life. i dont see luck in it they whipped lcc all over the field.
old jacket Wrote:look for whitley to beat up belfry. Lcc gave them a win last friday nite. I dont see them getten that lucky twice because honestly they are not that good.
i agree with 99piratefan, i sense some animosity in old jacket, may be he is part of j central o and 28 streak or from some place else that has nothing but a green streak of envy for the pirates
Nobody ever gives belfry anything, they are the game most teams circle and say if we only win one i want to beat belfry
old jacket Wrote:look for whitley to beat up belfry. Lcc gave them a win last friday nite. I dont see them getten that lucky twice because honestly they are not that good.
i agree with mad75 and 99 pirate, you along with super card are talking out of pure jealousy, with wins over two good football schools, and two losses by one score or less by two of the oldest and best football progrms in the state, no one could say theyre not that good
Should be a great match-up. I'll take Whitley by a score of 31-28.
Would love to see this game. Will be a good showdown of 2 good teams. I like both Coaches good luck and have a great game.
Word is Whitley has had a great week of practice and is ready to get back on another winning streak. Should be a great game to watch, I am looking foward to seeing the final score of this one.
This will be a great game. Belfry is coached by one of the best in the business (Haywood) we will have to play outstanding to beat them.
This game is scary. Belfry hasn't really shown they can stop anyone yet on defense. Whitley is big and strong up front and that spells problems. I hope the Pirates can outscore them.
Whitley by 10
I think Belfry builds off the victory last week and puts together 4 good quarters of football and wins this one ...

Belfry - 24

Whitley Co. - 12

GO Pirates!
Buc-a-roo Wrote:This game is scary. Belfry hasn't really shown they can stop anyone yet on defense. Whitley is big and strong up front and that spells problems. I hope the Pirates can outscore them.

maybe there speed makes up for that, they will be ready to play...TongueirateSho
Buc-a-roo Wrote:This game is scary. Belfry hasn't really shown they can stop anyone yet on defense. Whitley is big and strong up front and that spells problems. I hope the Pirates can outscore them.

Belfry (2-2)

Total points allowed= 84

Total points scored= 93

Whitley county (1-2)

Total points allowed= 90

Total points scored= 95

With Belfry playing 4 games and Whitley playing 3 the scoring stats are almost identical... I was gonna look at rushing yards, passing yards and yards allowed but Whitley County hasn't submitted any stats to KHSAA this season, or at least they are not posted on the KHSAA site.
Anyone know a radio station that's broadcasting this in the Belfry area or an internet feed or something?
WXCC - Coal Country

http://www.wxccfm.com/
For you Belfry fans, if youd like to hear a good pregame show when you get around the area tune in to 104.3 WEZJ they always have a great pregame and look into things.
Belfry 24
Whitley 21
I may eat alot of crow after this one but I believe that Belfry will show up and play a complete 4 quarters and surprise some people.

Belfry-28
Whitley Co.-13
Gary Runyon, James Hardin are out tonight.

Give it up for tonight's starting nose guard Jon Harlow. This kid deserves his first start his senior year.
Pupaw Wrote:Belfry in a barn burner.
Belfry-24
Whitley County-21
Could it be any more of a barn burner than last week...
Belfry wins (fingers crossed).
Belfry0304 Wrote:Gary Runyon, James Hardin are out tonight.

Give it up for tonight's starting nose guard Jon Harlow. This kid deserves his first start his senior year.

Ouch those injuries are tough, reasons why they are out ?
irishcard16 Wrote:Ouch those injuries are tough, reasons why they are out ?

I believe both with knees. James Hardin will be LIKELY replaced as said above by senior Jon Harlow (5'8, 225 - 1000 club in weight lifting), and Gary will likely be replaced by Junior #25 Dustin Ray. Could be wrong however.

Just a note on Hardin, he wasn't starting offensive tackle anymore, he was replaced by Zack Francis, and was in a rotation with Preston Young and Chancey Cisco at nose guard.
I was wrong, freshman Madison Ghormley starting linebacker tonight.
Belfry0304 Wrote:I was wrong, freshman Madison Ghormley starting linebacker tonight.

Thanks for the info.
EKB sports stream is awful tonight.
Belfry_99 Wrote:EKB sports stream is awful tonight.

yeah it is terrible, im trying to kee it updated on here I started a thread, I an lukily pick it up on the radio.
getting a bad clicking sound on the online feed so i turned the radio on.