Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry @ Whitley County 9/18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Belfry is coming off a huge road win at #5 Letcher Central, while Whitley County lost at home to Bell County

Belfry - 28
Whitley Co. - 14
I think whitley will be out for blood...
no 1-3 start for them
Whitley Co is good. Dont go by there record. Whitley Co has been beaten by the #2 and #3 teams in 4A so far in Bell Co and Lexington Cath.

Whitley Co 28
Belfry 20
Whitley is a good football team. They will win their district which includes LCC. I pick WC 28 Belfry 14.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Whitley Co is good. Dont go by there record. Whitley Co has been beaten by the #2 and #3 teams in 4A so far in Bell Co and Lexington Cath.

Whitley Co 28
Belfry 20

There's no doubt that they are good, at the sametime this Pirate team has improved and should'nt be overlooked. Yes we took a few early lumps, but this tough schedule is starting to pay dividends.
I agree 100% BP.... IF I'm not mistaken we have a total of 4 5A and 1 4A schools on our schedule, not counting our district games. I'm very proud of the way these young men are moving in the right direction!!
BelfryPride you are correct!!! I think this game will be so close that it could go both ways. My gut just says Whitley Co tho. Where is the game being played at? That could be the main decider.
I love Philip Haywood tho. Hes my 2nd favorite coach out there besides my own Coach Hilton. LOL...
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:BelfryPride you are correct!!! I think this game will be so close that it could go both ways. My gut just says Whitley Co tho. Where is the game being played at? That could be the main decider.

I think it will be close as well. It's at Whitley Co.
Great matchup. I don't know of any other game I would want to watch next week.This should be the GOTW.(hint)?
I might make the drive back to Williamsburg next week for this game.
Belfry carries the momentum over to this week.

Belfry 27
Whitley 21
I hate to do it, but I have to go with Whitley County.
WC 28
Belfry 21
Froma matchup standpoint Whitley has some big advantages over Belfry. The Colonels are huge up front on both sides of the ball and that will present some problems for Belfry. The positive though is that Whitley is a predominant running team and I think Belfry's skill players are a little more athletic. Belfry will improve a little bit more and build off of last weeks momentum, which will make this game a tossup.

IMO this is the last time I do this until possibly the playoffs, but I think the long road trip and size may be a little too much.

Whitley 21
Belfry 17
Should be a great game.

Thoughts and predictions?
WC 28
Belfry 14

I would say Coach Black will have the attention of his team this week. Hopefully they don't listen to Redstorm and they will be ok. lol
Belfry 28
Whitley 26
:popcorn:
Belfry just continues to get better and if WC wants to win they'll have to spread the field which I don't think they are capable of. Belfry wins this one by a touchdown.

Best of luck to both... Go Pirates!
Whitley gets the win because the drive from belfry to whitley county will wear them boys out. Whitley wins by a less than a touchdown
Like I said earlier, this should be a great game. Belfry needs this win to get above .500 for the first time this season. Whitley County needs this bounce-back win after a bad home loss to Bell County. This game is really a toss-up in my book. Although the versatility of Thomas Varney will be tough to stop, I'm going with Whitley County at home in a close one.

Good luck to both teams!
Belfry in a barn burner.
Belfry-24
Whitley County-21
This will be a great game. don't know who to pick can't wait to see the final score.
I also think this will be a great game.
I think Whitley will want this more, after losing at home to Bell.
I haven't saw Belfry play this year though.

I'm gonna go with my Colonels though; 34-21
I think Whitley will win a close one at home. There is no team in the mountains that can play any closer to Bell County than Whitley Co did.
Whitley rebounds, 28-14 The Colonels arent real happy with what happened last friday, the by no means played there best game, and have still yet to show what there offense is really capable of.
This will be a pretty good game but I think Whitley is just a lil too much for Belfry...So I will take Whitley 31-20.
i like the phyical play of whitley and their ball control .so im going to pick them by 7 points
I may be just a dumb guy with a computer in his lap that has not left the couch in 2HRS? Still i am gonna pick Whitley by atleast 14 points. I hope the Pirates prove me to be the dumb guy in the name of district play!
belldad2011 Wrote:i like the phyical play of whitley and their ball control .so im going to pick them by 7 points

That would normally make sense if these teams weren't mirror images style wise.....mistakes will be the difference.
Belfry-21
Whitley- 17
Pages: 1 2 3 4