Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
30.30%
Ironton
69.70%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Ironton (OH) 9/4
FBALL Wrote:I wasn't shocked as much as disappointed.

I used 35 because that is as far back as I can remember. I'm not as old as you.

Yeah I really liked it when we were in the same district and ironton was in the same conference.

You still didn't answer. Which game are you going to. Come on over across the river and you can watch the game with me and RAM-A-DEVIL. Maybe the evils will surpise us.

Would that be B.S. An any thing after would be A.S.? Lol
Gotta work my last midnite at the steelmaking dept. Friday Night Going back to my job at shipping/coating line on tuesday dayturn. Man does that feel good. I can't make the Tomcat game at belfry. I was thinking about coming an watching the evils an the tiggers
If you make it over there look for me. I don't care to watch a game with an Ashland fan. It just makes me feel better about being an evil.

Here kitty kitty.
FBALL Wrote:If you make it over there look for me. I don't care to watch a game with an Ashland fan. It just makes me feel better about being an evil.

!

Here kitty kitty.

I was thinking the same thing. Only With a different ending!:lmao:
FBALL Wrote:If you make it over there look for me. I don't care to watch a game with an Ashland fan. It just makes me feel better about being an evil.

Here kitty kitty.

At least that Ashland fan has a smart wife. She's a evil at heart.

Here kitty kitty.

Midee1 Wrote:At least that Ashland fan has a smart wife. She's a evil at heart.

She sure is She had to come to Ashland to get a Real Man.:lmao: all the smart ones see the light eventually! Lol
BADCAT74 Wrote:She sure is She had to come to Ashland to get a Real Man.:lmao: all the smart ones see the light eventually! Lol

See I got even with you. I took one of those mean kittys and made her move to Russell.
what is the seating like on visitors side?
4real Wrote:what is the seating like on visitors side?

From what I've heard they could use more seating according to an Ohio site.
BADCAT74 Wrote:[quote=charliez]Russell has had there share of playing up in 06 they played up to a much bigger school which is now correctly placed in I believe 5 a & came within 3 pts of a state championship. By the way this wasn't by choice.

Charlize pleze..... 3 or 30 That's exactly my point Russell "played up". An got beat they weren't playing some push over that they can put the subs in starting 2 nd half which is what they do in almost all there district games! Kinda hard to brag about that! They did play a good game Against mercer I was there an saw the whole thing!:dontthink

Playing up is one thing but as you saw winning that game means you would have had to have brought your own ref's.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:From what I've heard they could use more seating according to an Ohio site.

Seating is not much on visitors side if it's very crowded at all there won't be many seats.
charliez Wrote:Child:please:

i realy do not understand why i would be being called a child i do believe the tomcats are the premier program in this area but i was defending russells schedule and teams they made deep playoff runs and played ashland and boyd 2 bigger schools as well as mason simon kenton so i really dont understand this post
I hope Russell wins but they are in an uphill battle.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:i realy do not understand why i would be being called a child i do believe the tomcats are the premier program in this area but i was defending russells schedule and teams they made deep playoff runs and played ashland and boyd 2 bigger schools as well as mason simon kenton so i really dont understand this post

If it makes a difference, I didn't understand that one either. You guys should probably ignore me and badcat74. We are friends that are just doing alot of trash talking. Now RAM-A-DEVIL, you should probably just ignore everything he says.

As far as the seating is concerned at ironton. There isn't slot of it on the visitors side. Unless you get there early I would plan on standing. I do believe this will be a big crowd.
FBALL Wrote:If it makes a difference, I didn't understand that one either. You guys should probably ignore me and badcat74. We are friends that are just doing alot of trash talking. Now RAM-A-DEVIL, you should probably just ignore everything he says.

As far as the seating is concerned at ironton. There isn't slot of it on the visitors side. Unless you get there early I would plan on standing. I do believe this will be a big crowd.

i cant make the trip to belfry so i will probably be there and no worries nothing taken personally:rockon:
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:i realy do not understand why i would be being called a child i do believe the tomcats are the premier program in this area but i was defending russells schedule and teams they made deep playoff runs and played ashland and boyd 2 bigger schools as well as mason simon kenton so i really dont understand this post

Sorry tomcat I was meaning to post back to Badcat , wrong cat. lol Everyone enjoy a safe game!
charliez Wrote:Sorry tomcat I was meaning to post back to Badcat , wrong cat. lol Everyone enjoy a safe game!

Cmon Charlize if your gonna insult me you've got to get it right the first time? It kinda loses it's affect if you have to apologize an then have to re-insult (is that a word?). Now that we got that straight I hope you'll do a
better job next time! You go on now insult away.:zzz:
Russell, Ironton wipe dust off series

http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...12701.html
LOL @ this thread turning into a argument over 2 HS teams by adults who don't even play anymore. Stay focused on the current game. Ashland is next week.

I think Ironton will win by 5+ td's. Not only are they much superior. They are playing in Ironton. Russell hasn't played against a team this physical in probably 7 years or more. And it just so happens to be the smallest team Russell has put on the field in the last 2 decades or more. Terrible scheduling by the AD, when you schedule strong opponents like this you need to make sure you're going to have a team that can compete and not get embarassed.
5+ td is a little excessive and from what i saw in their game with the burg they are not anywhere near as physical as the past couple belfry teams russell has played
yes they are a big strong team and yes we have no real size but that doesn't mean russell is going to roll over just because of a size difference
Beetle01 Wrote:LOL @ this thread turning into a argument over 2 HS teams by adults who don't even play anymore. Stay focused on the current game. Ashland is next week.

I think Ironton will win by 5+ td's. Not only are they much superior. They are playing in Ironton. Russell hasn't played against a team this physical in probably 7 years or more. And it just so happens to be the smallest team Russell has put on the field in the last 2 decades or more. Terrible scheduling by the AD, when you schedule strong opponents like this you need to make sure you're going to have a team that can compete and not get embarassed.

That's funny Beetle01, IMO you are right when you say "small team" and yes Russell might get beat by a lot of points. Nevertheless, this Russell team is better than last years, just for the simply fact they have a much better attitude! As far as competing against Ironton, I am very hopeful. At least this team wont cuss out each other and they have respect for the coaches.

I think the AD did a great job putting Ironton on the schedule. We are not afraid to play any high school team!
FBALL Wrote:If it makes a difference, I didn't understand that one either. You guys should probably ignore me and badcat74. We are friends that are just doing alot of trash talking. Now RAM-A-DEVIL, you should probably just ignore everything he says.

That's it!!!......Attack the small 1A Ram fan. There I was minding my own business and whamo!!.....somebody has to start pickin on me. Do you know why birds fly upside down in Ashland And Russell??? Cuz there ain't nothin worth $*%@#% on down there thats why. I will be at Ironton sitting under the big Awning with the orange and black. all that maroon makes me queezy.
Beetle01 Wrote:LOL @ this thread turning into a argument over 2 HS teams by adults who don't even play anymore. Stay focused on the current game. Ashland is next week.

You very well may be right about the outcome. I for one don't think so. I think Russell will play a good game against a much superior team. Keep in mind this is not the Russell team of last year. This group wants to play as a team and the cancer is gone. They have the heart to win. They may not have the talent, or the size to keep up with the mighty fighting tigers, but I think they have the guts and heart to stand toe to toe with them.

Prediction:

Russell plays a perfect game and shocks the Beetle01.

Russell 10
Ironton 7
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:That's it!!!......Attack the small 1A Ram fan. There I was minding my own business and whamo!!.....somebody has to start pickin on me. Do you know why birds fly upside down in Ashland And Russell??? Cuz there ain't nothin worth $*%@#% on down there thats why. I will be at Ironton sitting under the big Awning with the orange and black. all that maroon makes me queezy.

Be careful under that big awning. You never know what will come down with all those birds that live up there.
I think that Russell will make a game of it. I dont think they will getbeat by 5td's either. Russell is starting to show what it is to be a Red Devil again. They just might surprize alot of people this year. They have hart and that something you can't coach. I am very impressed with this years team.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:That's it!!!......Attack the small 1A Ram fan. There I was minding my own business and whamo!!.....somebody has to start pickin on me. Do you know why birds fly upside down in Ashland And Russell??? Cuz there ain't nothin worth $*%@#% on down there thats why. I will be at Ironton sitting under the big Awning with the orange and black. all that maroon makes me queezy.

i'd say after last week maroon would make u queezy i know a good doctor but his time is better spent trying to figure out these **** upside down birds that migrated from ram stadium seems like everything in that place is upside down and backwards
BADCAT74 Wrote:Cmon Charlize if your gonna insult me you've got to get it right the first time? It kinda loses it's affect if you have to apologize an then have to re-insult (is that a word?). Now that we got that straight I hope you'll do a
better job next time! You go on now insult away.:zzz:

I was not trying to insult you to bad you took it that way.
charliez Wrote:I was not trying to insult you to bad you took it that way.

:moon:
The away uniforms are all white with only maroon stripes. You know you will be standing with me cheering for the fighting eggplants.
Midee1 Wrote:See I got even with you. I took one of those mean kittys and made her move to Russell.

Ok I give? No idea who this is.:popcorn:
as much as i love the devils im gonna have to say that the tigers are going to be too much for them....not overwhelmingly (<---Spelled right?) much but enough to put two more td's up

7-21