Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
30.30%
Ironton
69.70%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell @ Ironton (OH) 9/4
What is everyones thoughts and predictions on this game?
Thanks for adding the poll I forgot it.
Going to be tough for Russell against a very powerful Ironton team. It should be a great game to help prepare this young team for the rest of the year. I don't think Russell will see a team any better than the Tigers.
the tigers win by couple tds
I watched the Russel/GC game tonight and I have to say that I was impressed with the Devils, but I dont think that they will be any match for the Tigers.
Russell will hold their own, but Ironton will be too much in the end.

Best of luck to the Devils!
I hope Russell can pull the unimaginable in most people's eyes, but I just don't think they will be able to leave Tanks Memorial with a victory.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Wonder how many td's Russell will have called back?
Ironton, but I have read that Ironton lost some key position players from last season
Stardust Wrote:Ironton, but I have read that Ironton lost some key position players from last season

Don't know what ur been reading better get you a better source next time. ironton is loaded and better this year. I welcome the red devils back to tanks memorial. we took it to the pirates real good friday and hopefully be able to do the same to the devils. good luck to you guys but i hope we win much respect to the program you guys have over there.
The boys across the Ohio River will win this one. Ironton is always tough.
Ironton wins this one 38-14.

GO TIGERS!
charliez Wrote:Wonder how many td's Russell will have called back?

? They have to be able to score them first. One problem at a time Charlize. :lmao:
This game should be a good measuring stick to see just how good Russell is. I think if Russell can play a near perfect game against the mighty tigers the tigers will have there hands full. I've never watched a game at Ironton and look forward to seeing the great tradition that they have.
Jeepman Wrote:This game should be a good measuring stick to see just how good Russell is. I think if Russell can play a near perfect game against the mighty tigers the tigers will have there hands full. I've never watched a game at Ironton and look forward to seeing the great tradition that they have.

I've never even seen Russell play Ironton that I know of I was only 9 the last time these 2 teams met and I'm 26 now.
I have been nervously awaiting this game ever since I saw this on our schedule 2 years ago. Both teams are rich with tradition. Ironton is a step above the rest of the teams on Russell's schedule. I cant wait to root on the Devils at the famous stadium. Looking forward to seeing 2 Legends meet - McGlone and Lutz - 2 of the best coaches in high school football. I am all about Russell and have not missed a game in many years, but lets be 4real the Devils are the underdog. No matter what the scoreboard says at the end, the Devils will leave Tank victoriously by having the experiance of playing a top ranked football team. Always praying for no injuries.

And Remember Devils you must BELIEVE AND DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

And I have 1 more thing to say, RUSSELL RED DEVILS GO ACROSS THAT BRIDGE AND KICK THIER :moon:
I'm glad this game is back on the schedule. Even as tough as it has been for Russell to beat Ironton this is a rivalry that needed to be renewed. As a visiting player I hated playing there. But it is a great place to watch a football game. Should be a big crowd and a great atmosphere. It is still the only place where I heard the referee say after a fumble, "our ball".
According to some tiger fans on an Ohio site Russell might as well not even fire the bus up and head to Ironton on Friday because this one is already over. :lmao:

I know one thing Russell boys will play hard and hit hard and win or lose Ironton will know they were in a game.
FBALL Wrote:I'm glad this game is back on the schedule. Even as tough as it has been for Russell to beat Ironton this is a rivalry that needed to be renewed. As a visiting player I hated playing there. But it is a great place to watch a football game. Should be a big crowd and a great atmosphere. It is still the only place where I heard the referee say after a fumble, "our ball".

Ahhh Yes.....Tanks memorial stadium......Home of where the referees walk right out of the house and on to the field. I say the tigers win by eleventy billion points.
I think Ironton will take it. I think it will be close, no more than 10 points.
Ironton will take this one. Traditionally one of the best teams in the area.
BADCAT74 Wrote:? They have to be able to score them first. One problem at a time Charlize. :lmao:
Have you ever played there ? I have , the main memory was the 3 long yardage td's called back for clips that never happened. ---I watched the films many times. But you are right one thing does have to happen before the other. The Devils are capable of scoring & will. Just hope for a fair & injury free game.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I've never even seen Russell play Ironton that I know of I was only 9 the last time these 2 teams met and I'm 26 now.

And yet your so knowledgeable:popcorn:
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Ahhh Yes.....Tanks memorial stadium......Home of where the referees walk right out of the house and on to the field. I say the tigers win by eleventy billion points.

charliez Wrote:Have you ever played there ? I have , the main memory was the 3 long yardage td's called back for clips that never happened. ---I watched the films many times. But you are right one thing does have to happen before the other. The Devils are capable of scoring & will. Just hope for a fair & injury free game.

Yes a few times, it won't matter if you brought your own refs.:flush:
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I've never even seen Russell play Ironton that I know of I was only 9 the last time these 2 teams met and I'm 26 now.
So it's your first time JR. I sure the tigers will make it as painful as possible.:lmao:
FBALL Wrote:I'm glad this game is back on the schedule. Even as tough as it has been for Russell to beat Ironton this is a rivalry that needed to be renewed. As a visiting player I hated playing there. But it is a great place to watch a football game. Should be a big crowd and a great atmosphere. It is still the only place where I heard the referee say after a fumble, "our ball".

Good place to watch?

What side you sittn on fball? You must be planning on sitting under that big awning, I'll look for you on the Point After I guess you'll be the one leaving in the ambulance! :biggrin:
BADCAT74 Wrote:Good place to watch?

What side you sittn on fball? You must be planning on sitting under that big awning, I'll look for you on the Point After I guess you'll be the one leaving in the ambulance! :biggrin:
Its the best place in the area to watch a game. No ambulance needed. I'm very diplomatic.
Hey Ryan,,

Why don't you tell some of those fools on the other site that Russell has not dodged Ironton and sure hasn't scheduled weak teams. Like I said in another post, Wheelersburg, Portsmouth West, Simon Kenton, Parkersburg have all been on the schedule since the Devils and Tigers last met. It just so happens that the scheduling has worked out where the two can finally play again.

Oh, yell and tell Graybeard to stick it.
FBALL Wrote:Its the best place in the area to watch a game. No ambulance needed. I'm very diplomatic.

Best place absolutely not. Maybe for the home side! Diplomatic hmm... Never thought of it like that.:biggrin:
FBALL Wrote:Hey Ryan,,

Why don't you tell some of those fools on the other site that Russell has not dodged Ironton and sure hasn't scheduled weak teams. Like I said in another post, Wheelersburg, Portsmouth West, Simon Kenton, Parkersburg have all been on the schedule since the Devils and Tigers last met. It just so happens that the scheduling has worked out where the two can finally play again.

Oh, yell and tell Graybeard to stick it.

That's funny. I had already posted with a similar response...although I left out the "stick it" part. :biggrin: