Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are any Billy Gillispie defenders convinced yet?
memphistiger Wrote:okay. so. he is not the man for the job but he got 20 wins with this team? he was lucky to get 15. here is my arguement, if they would have got into the tourney, and won 20+ games then you would have nothing but good things to say, even if he done the same things on and off the court. your only saying all of this because they didnt equal what the fans wanted him to do. he coulda won the national title and you people would kiss his feet. but since he hasnt then he is just a terrible coach, and shouldnt be there. uk could have roy williams,bill self,jim calhoun, any great coach on the sidelines with this team and they couldnt do that much better. the coach can only do so much. he cant make other people score, he cant make everyone hit free throws, he cant make porter be the best guard in the nation. i think bcg got just about all he could get out of this team. and maybe the reason patterson and meeks are coming back is because they know they will have some better players alongside them and think they can have a better season. surely they wouldnt stay if they thought they would be NIT bound again next year. and dont think im not a UK fan. i like uk, my home team. nothing against them. and i hate louisville with a passion. but im sane man, i didnt expect no banner in rupp this year, or last. not even an sec title. maybe you should try to be more sane.

Don't take offense to ODM43, he's lost a lot os sensibility due to his debates with theVILLE:biggrin:

You have made very good points, and they have already been supported. Give me a point guard this year, and I give you a completely different team. If I blame BCG for anything, it was thinking that liggins could step in and perform at D1 level for that. IMO, go get a top JUCO PG to bring here next year. I have got to believe it would be an easy recruiting job, because whoever we talk to, you can offer them a two year starting job.
memphistiger Wrote:okay. so. he is not the man for the job but he got 20 wins with this team? he was lucky to get 15. here is my arguement, if they would have got into the tourney, and won 20+ games then you would have nothing but good things to say, even if he done the same things on and off the court. your only saying all of this because they didnt equal what the fans wanted him to do. he coulda won the national title and you people would kiss his feet. but since he hasnt then he is just a terrible coach, and shouldnt be there. uk could have roy williams,bill self,jim calhoun, any great coach on the sidelines with this team and they couldnt do that much better. the coach can only do so much. he cant make other people score, he cant make everyone hit free throws, he cant make porter be the best guard in the nation. i think bcg got just about all he could get out of this team. and maybe the reason patterson and meeks are coming back is because they know they will have some better players alongside them and think they can have a better season. surely they wouldnt stay if they thought they would be NIT bound again next year. and dont think im not a UK fan. i like uk, my home team. nothing against them. and i hate louisville with a passion. but im sane man, i didnt expect no banner in rupp this year, or last. not even an sec title. maybe you should try to be more sane.

I expected no banners this season. All I expected was to have a better year than last season, which did not happen. That is all I will say, you should look into my posts more and you might understand my arguments as well.:Thumbs:
No its not personal, I just get tired of reading posts of people like you that think they know everything, but are wrong 9 times out of 10. You have said that no coach could win with this team but I as well as im sure others disagree. Tubby, Rick, or any coach that knows what they are doing could have won 25 games or more with this team. They know how to make changes when something isnt working, they can motivate their teams to make a comeback when needed, and well, put it this way, they are all way ahead of gillispie when it comes to anything pertaining to coaching, and the way I see it, they are ahead of him in everything else as well. Look at tonights Louisville/Villanova game, Louisville was down 8 at halftime and they came back out and dominated Villanova, a team that is way better than anything the SEC has to offer. Its time for gillispie to find his way, if he can, out of Kentucky and let some team thats happy to win just 18-20 games a year, and he can take Barnhardt with him too.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:No its not personal, I just get tired of reading posts of people like you that think they know everything, but are wrong 9 times out of 10. You have said that no coach could win with this team but I as well as im sure others disagree. Tubby, Rick, or any coach that knows what they are doing could have won 25 games or more with this team. They know how to make changes when something isnt working, they can motivate their teams to make a comeback when needed, and well, put it this way, they are all way ahead of gillispie when it comes to anything pertaining to coaching, and the way I see it, they are ahead of him in everything else as well. Look at tonights Louisville/Villanova game, Louisville was down 8 at halftime and they came back out and dominated Villanova, a team that is way better than anything the SEC has to offer. Its time for gillispie to find his way, if he can, out of Kentucky and let some team thats happy to win just 18-20 games a year, and he can take Barnhardt with him too.

I, as well as others my BGR peer, have said that no coach could win with this group of talent. You and others have their opinion. I, and others have our opinions.
i understand you expected a better season. everyone did. but like i keep saying its just hard to win games with the team he has now. and you know it too. its easy for teams to beat UK when all they gotta do is guard meeks. just wait til next year when they *should* have a good starting 5 at least. when they get a balanced scoring attack it will be harder for teams to guard them. and teams will have to play honest defense instead of double, and triple teaming the 2 offensive threats. i thought they would at least make it to the tourney, but they didnt and its not just the coaches fault, its just as much the players as anyone. but if next years team is as good as they are advertised and bcg still doesnt get it done, then i will not defend him at all.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:No its not personal, I just get tired of reading posts of people like you that think they know everything, but are wrong 9 times out of 10. You have said that no coach could win with this team but I as well as im sure others disagree. Tubby, Rick, or any coach that knows what they are doing could have won 25 games or more with this team. They know how to make changes when something isnt working, they can motivate their teams to make a comeback when needed, and well, put it this way, they are all way ahead of gillispie when it comes to anything pertaining to coaching, and the way I see it, they are ahead of him in everything else as well. Look at tonights Louisville/Villanova game, Louisville was down 8 at halftime and they came back out and dominated Villanova, a team that is way better than anything the SEC has to offer. Its time for gillispie to find his way, if he can, out of Kentucky and let some team thats happy to win just 18-20 games a year, and he can take Barnhardt with him too.

Louisville. 8 players deep, all offensive threats.

kentucky. 2 offensive threats and play no defense and have no bench.

now tell me how you can compare them to louisville? bcg could win with louisville's team. who couldnt? those guys dont need coaching. they are pure athletic basketball machines. i hate them. but truth hurts.

and look what bcg done at texas a&m. acie law,josh carter,jones,pompey,kirk. that is a balanced scoring attack, not to mention that acie law can flat out win ball games on his own. he done awesome with that team. i wonder why?
memphistiger Wrote:lol i agree with overrated. no point in arguing cuz you kentucky fanatics disagree with everything after you ask for peoples opinion. meeks and patterson are good. but meeks isnt as good as you think he is. he can score, heck anybody with equal talent could score that many on that team when you shoot 40 shots. and have no one else on your team that can score. and patterson isnt even that good of a low post player. most of his shots are unorthadox and he struggles to make lay-ups. his moves arent great at all. put those 2 on a squad like carolina,pitt,uconn,ville,oklahoma and they would be 4-6 options to score points. so if you idiots arent happy with 20 wins from a very low talented team then you need help. get real and quit expecting to win national titles every year. carolina has been favored to win the last 3 years and dont even get to the championship game. bunch of eastern kentucky people expecting such high hopes out of a team that isnt even that great. if you all can coach so well, and know so much, then go put in an app to get the job.

Words of a true "idiot".

Maybe UK should just go to C-USA and compete with the Tulane's, Marshall's and Tulsa's so they can win 7,000 conference and tournament championships.

Oh yeah, where's Torqque at when you need him?
put Acie Law on this team at PG, and you have a 25+ game winning team
the C-USA is a very weak conference. its no wonder y Louisville and Cincinnati left and went to the big east, bc there's no competition in C-USA.
blackcat Wrote:Words of a true "idiot".

Maybe UK should just go to C-USA and compete with the Tulane's, Marshall's and Tulsa's so they can win 7,000 conference and tournament championships.

haha yeah thats what you clowns said last year when memphis destroyed michigan state,texas,ucla on there way to the TITLE game. hahaha. memphis is in a weak conference but they win games they are supposed to. kentucky loses to VMI? memphis would beat vmi to a pulp. cause they are supposed to. kentucky however, will not. and proved it. memphis would dominate kentucky. who has 3 recruits coming in next year that are in the espn top 10? not kentucky. your making me bash my own home team with your stupid junk. and by the way, you really think UK could compete with those c-usa teams. i dont think your very certain of that. i dont think kentucky would do any better in the c-usa then the sec. pretty equal competetion. and i hope you arent saying memphis doesnt have better players then UK. just cause they are in the conference USA and win every game. id take 3 of memphis's starting 5 over 7 of kentuckys top players anyday. tyreke evans, robert dozier, antonio anderson could outplay UK's starting 5. get real pal.

dont bash memphis when your team will be watching them on tv from the comfort of their couches at home.
Stardust Wrote:put Acie Law on this team at PG, and you have a 25+ game winning team

You my friend are absolutely right:Thumbs:
watch what, watch Memphis miss free throws and get ran over like they did against Kansas in the Title game a few years back. the tigers wont last long in the tournament. duke or carolina will get ahold of them and rip them to shreds
TheTrain Wrote:watch what, watch Memphis miss free throws and get ran over like they did against Kansas in the Title game a few years back. the tigers wont last long in the tournament. duke or carolina will get ahold of them and rip them to shreds

ran over? KU won by 7? hahaha. a few years back? that was last year. hahaha. your a bright one. and who did memphis beat on there way to the title game, lets compare schedules of memphis and kentucky the last 2 years. and maybe carolina will tear them apart, but at least they will get a chance to get tore apart. kentucky however, will not. waittttttttt. my bad, carolina done thumped them by 20 earlier this season. my bad bro.
memphistiger Wrote:haha yeah thats what you clowns said last year when memphis destroyed michigan state,texas,ucla on there way to the TITLE game. hahaha. memphis is in a weak conference but they win games they are supposed to. kentucky loses to VMI? memphis would beat vmi to a pulp. cause they are supposed to. kentucky however, will not. and proved it. memphis would dominate kentucky. who has 3 recruits coming in next year that are in the espn top 10? not kentucky. your making me bash my own home team with your stupid junk. and by the way, you really think UK could compete with those c-usa teams. i dont think your very certain of that. i dont think kentucky would do any better in the c-usa then the sec. pretty equal competetion. and i hope you arent saying memphis doesnt have better players then UK. just cause they are in the conference USA and win every game. id take 3 of memphis's starting 5 over 7 of kentuckys top players anyday. tyreke evans, robert dozier, antonio anderson could outplay UK's starting 5. get real pal.

dont bash memphis when your team will be watching them on tv from the comfort of their couches at home.

Obviously not much of a college basketball fan to make a statement saying that C-USA is of equal competition to the SEC. :lmao:

What makes Memphis so good? Their biggest win is against Tennessee by 2, whom we beat twice by 15+. So just watch your precious little tigers get beat in the first round by Morehead State or someone. I'm done arguing with you, come back when you get out of 3rd grade English.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:SD>:ChairHit:<ODM43

:lmao:
blackcat Wrote:Obviously not much of a college basketball fan to make a statement saying that C-USA is of equal competition to the SEC. :lmao:

What makes Memphis so good? Their biggest win is against Tennessee by 2, whom we beat twice by 15+. So just watch your precious little tigers get beat in the first round by Morehead State or someone. I'm done arguing with you, come back when you get out of 3rd grade English.

memphis > kentucky

i dont need to argue. memphis is a #1 or #2 seed. kentucky is also a #1 or #2 seed. in the NIT tourney that is. hey man, no hard feelings. kentucky might make the semi-finals in the NIT. memphis will make it to at least the elite 8. ill bet anything with anyone on it.
Fire Billy and Memphis wont make it that far.
RavenBoy Wrote:Fire Billy and Memphis wont make it that far.

bets? i coulda swore thats what you cats said last year. they wont go far. they went as far as they could and had a national title in their hands until the final 40 seconds of the game.
its was memphis fault bc they had that title game won and they couldnt make a single free throw. UK is a way better school than memphis. compare resumes. Derick Rose blows big in the NBA he even sucked in College
TheTrain Wrote:its was memphis fault bc they had that title game won and they couldnt make a single free throw. UK is a way better school than memphis. compare resumes. Derick Rose blows big in the NBA he even sucked in College

hahaha quit living in the past bro. and derrick rose sucks huh? hmm, highest paid rookie, best guard in the nation last year. 1st pick in the draft.

lets compare him to jodie meeks. heck, i dont think i'll waste my time. cuz meeks shouldnt be in the same sentence as rose. hahaha sucks in the nba. how can a starting guard on a pro team suck? haha your horrible dude.
bc he does if he didnt suck then y is he on a team that has a losing record? meeks is a way better ball player than rose. look at wat meeks has done he is the highest leading scorer in a game in uk history, he makes plays, gets to the rim, can shoot the 3, all rose can do is make a few plays thats it
TheTrain Wrote:its was memphis fault bc they had that title game won and they couldnt make a single free throw. UK is a way better school than memphis. compare resumes. Derick Rose blows big in the NBA he even sucked in College

Derick Rose has a avg of 16pts agame and 6.2 asst a game as a rookie pretty good for a guy that blows big. These are almost identical #s that Chris Paul had as a rookie.(16.1ppg 7apg as a rookie)
well then if he has those kind of numbers than why his he on a team that has a losing record which is my fav team in the NBA!!!!
cuz the rest of the chicago team is garbage! you idiot. rose would kill meeks. he outsizes him, and rose controls the court. hes a pg that can score anytime he wants. rose can get to the rim 10x better then meeks. he couldnt pack rose's shoes.

call me when meeks makes any of those plays.
It never fails with you people, always bringing up what gillispie did with A&M, that argument is growing stale. Thats no big feat ok, realize that and then maybe I will give you some credit. Acie Law was A&M when he was there and anyone could have coached that team and did what gillispie did. You say put Law on this team and they would be better, that may be true, but think of this. If gillispie hadnt run off Legion and Jasper, then UK wouldnt be in this situation. Jasper was a great point guard, he had the court vision to make some great passes and set up his teammates, and he could rebound and play defense, which is what a point guard is supposed to do, and something most UK fans cant grasp. Legion would have been another potential scoring threat had he been given the chance, but no, gillispie runs him off, and brings in Liggins who isnt worth a **** in my book and thinks he can run the point when he cant even come back in a game when called upon to do so, but yet still gets to play for this team, although I havent seen much of him in the last couple of games, but thats gillispie and his wild rotation, or lack thereof. Open your eyes and see the truth people, gillispie is just one of the causes of UK's basketball woes, along with Barnhardt and the person/people that hired them. Just like with the presidency in this country, its time for a change, and lets hope that UK can.
The Train Wrote:well then if he has those kind of numbers than why his he on a team that has a losing record which is my fav team in the NBA!!!!

Dude how old are you? Do you know anything about basketball??????
memphistiger Wrote:memphis > kentucky

i dont need to argue. memphis is a #1 or #2 seed. kentucky is also a #1 or #2 seed. in the NIT tourney that is. hey man, no hard feelings. kentucky might make the semi-finals in the NIT. memphis will make it to at least the elite 8. ill bet anything with anyone on it.

Im a betting man, PM about this I'll take your bet.
MVP2 Wrote:Im a betting man, PM about this I'll take your bet.

ill take your money.

same thing you and some buds said last season. and what happened? hmmmm.
Overrated Wrote:Dude, Kentucky does not got much talent, I don't care who the coach is...With the player's they got right now, no one can do much better than him. He might not be the best coach but the best wouldn't get much out of them..Jesus, he got 20 wins with them, not much more you can do..Oh well, Go Syracuse in the NCAA!!TongueirateSho

An idiot could win 20 games with Meeks and PP and 3 grade schoolers.
EKY_Basketball Wrote:An idiot could win 20 games with Meeks and PP and 3 grade schoolers.

Maybe you should apply then.