Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are any Billy Gillispie defenders convinced yet?
I was a former Gillispie defender until about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Kentucky has the talent, that's not the problem. Kentucky has 2 of the best players in the nation. I have never been this frustrated with Kentucky basketball in my life. Tubby had many more successful years than this man ever will. I have been very patient with him these past 2 years and I am fed up with it.

Are you Gillispie defenders convinced yet that this man is not the man for the job?

Feel free to argue with me if you still stand by this man.
FIRE that piece of ****
Bro, Stardust will be in here soon enough to argue that.. I'm not saying anything anymore.. Not like anything I say matters anyways lol
He can recruit and thats all I know he can do. You can't run full practices before every game and expect your players to be fresh. You can't run man to man all the time and expect other teams to not be ready for it. Not to mention all the times he makes bad sub choices.

He refuses to make any changes. Being arrogant is not smart.
Amun-Ra Wrote:He can recruit and thats all I know he can do. You can't run full practices before every game and expect your players to be fresh. You can't run man to man all the time and expect other teams to not be ready for it. Not to mention all the times he makes bad sub choices.

He refuses to make any changes. Being arrogant is not smart.

I wouldn't even say that.. What has he done besides Patterson?.. Miller wanted to go to UK, Orton didn't take much convincing.. Hes not as great as recruiter as everyone is letting on..
All I can say is, I told you so.
mrfootball03 Wrote:I wouldn't even say that.. What has he done besides Patterson?.. Miller wanted to go to UK, Orton didn't take much convincing.. Hes not as great as recruiter as everyone is letting on..
But he still got them. He brought in good transfers. he has landed Hood, who is one of the best guards in his class.
Amun-Ra Wrote:But he still got them. He brought in good transfers. he has landed Hood, who is one of the best guards in his class.

Hood is graded as a 89.. Hes nothing special..

he got them?.. Tubby got Tayshaun, Rondo, Chuck Hayes, ect. and they say he couldnt recruit.. So which is it? I still have yet to see a player with the heart of Chuck Hayes..........
I'm not even a true UK fan and Billy G is making me mad. He can't do crap with all the talent on this team, if he would just have learned to set Miller some screens, Miller could put up 20 points a game. Billy G can get the players, they just have to learn to play on their own.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'm not even a true UK fan and Billy G is making me mad. He can't do crap with all the talent on this team, if he would just have learned to set Miller some screens, Miller could put up 20 points a game. Billy G can get the players, they just have to learn to play on their own.

Thats true.. he has a nice mid range game..
im not sticking up for Gillispie but most of this is Mitch Barnhart's fault for hiring Gillispie. Barnhart had Billy Donovan right where he wanted him and would not offer Donovan the Job.
TheTrain Wrote:im not sticking up for Gillispie but most of this is Mitch Barnhart's fault for hiring Gillispie. Barnhart had Billy Donovan right where he wanted him and would not offer Donovan the Job.

Donovan was offered a fat contract and declined the offer to stay at Florida. Do you not remember this?
from what i saw online and heard that was Barnhart only offered the job to Gillispie
^ Donovan was offered something like a 10 million dollar deal and the decision took about 4 days, but Donovan decided to stay in Gainesville.
what i dont get is if Donovan was gonna stay in Florida then why was his wife looking for a house in Lexington?
Dude, Kentucky does not got much talent, I don't care who the coach is...With the player's they got right now, no one can do much better than him. He might not be the best coach but the best wouldn't get much out of them..Jesus, he got 20 wins with them, not much more you can do..Oh well, Go Syracuse in the NCAA!!TongueirateSho
Overrated Wrote:Dude, Kentucky does not got much talent, I don't care who the coach is...With the player's they got right now, no one can do much better than him. He might not be the best coach but the best wouldn't get much out of them..Jesus, he got 20 wins with them, not much more you can do..Oh well, Go Syracuse in the NCAA!!TongueirateSho

So you are saying that Meeks and Patterson are "not much talent"?
Overrated Wrote:Dude, Kentucky does not got much talent, I don't care who the coach is...With the player's they got right now, no one can do much better than him. He might not be the best coach but the best wouldn't get much out of them..Jesus, he got 20 wins with them, not much more you can do..Oh well, Go Syracuse in the NCAA!!TongueirateSho

Kentucky has plenty of talent to win the SEC. There is no excuse for them to play 500 bb in that conference. As bad as I hate to say this Tubby would have won 25 games and made it to the big dance with this team. Billy G is a complete idiot and he has to go.
i totally agree Gillispie has to go. i would like to see Bob Knight get the job
outdoorsman43 Wrote:So you are saying that Meeks and Patterson are "not much talent"?

If you though Meeks and Patterson both alone was going to get UK into the NCAA then wow..Stuart Stamper and Tate Cox couldn't even get KCC to state alone.. lol :eyeroll:
I agree with Overated, I think Gillispie is getting the most out of this team. Meeks and Patterson is ALL they have.You think if we had Izzo, Calhoun, or even Donavan could win a championship with this team. Why would a big name coach like the few I named want to come to UK, if they are going to be giving 2 years to turn this mess into a powerhouse. I'd say give him one more year and if he dont make any adjustments than sure let him go but right now hes only had one year of his recuiting so most of the players aint even his.Let him bring his players in and if dont work than let him hit the road! JMO Go Cats!
MVP2 Wrote:I agree with Overated, I think Gillispie is getting the most out of this team. Meeks and Patterson is ALL they have.You think if we had Izzo, Calhoun, or even Donavan could win a championship with this team. Why would a big name coach like the few I named want to come to UK, if they are going to be giving 2 years to turn this mess into a powerhouse. I'd say give him one more year and if he dont make any adjustments than sure let him go but right now hes only had one year of his recuiting so most of the players aint even his.Let him bring his players in and if dont work than let him hit the road! JMO Go Cats!

:Thumbs: :Thumbs:
TheTrain Wrote:i totally agree Gillispie has to go. i would like to see Bob Knight get the job
Why?
So UK can look for another coach in three years?

Do you realize how old Knight is?

He is 69 years old
bc he is an excellent coach and if he wasnt then he wouldnt be the winningest coach in the NCAA
Overrated Wrote:If you though Meeks and Patterson both alone was going to get UK into the NCAA then wow..Stuart Stamper and Tate Cox couldn't even get KCC to state alone.. lol :eyeroll:

Well, there are a few things wrong with your argument.

- Patterson and Meeks are two of the best players in the country.
- Cox and Stamper are not two of the best players in the state.
- Kentucky has more talent than just PP and Meeks. Miller has a lot of upside and versatility. Galloway shows signs of a good ball handler and decision maker. Stevenson is one of the best shot blockers in the conference, he just needs coaching on his low-post moves. Porter is a good decision maker who can shoot the ball on occasion.
- I didn't say Patterson and Meeks would get UK to the NCAA Tourney alone.
- You don't understand UK high standards.
- You obviously haven't looked into what BCG has done on and off the court.
Not being a fan. I think Billy G's attitude and little smart-a** remarks are enough for me to want to punch the guy in the face. He could learn a lot from a classy guy like Trent Johnson.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Not being a fan. I think Billy G's attitude and little smart-a** remarks are enough for me to want to punch the guy in the face. He could learn a lot from a classy guy like Trent Johnson.

Hmmm, I guess Bobby Knight should have been a little nicer.......
MVP2 Wrote:I agree with Overated, I think Gillispie is getting the most out of this team. Meeks and Patterson is ALL they have.You think if we had Izzo, Calhoun, or even Donavan could win a championship with this team. Why would a big name coach like the few I named want to come to UK, if they are going to be giving 2 years to turn this mess into a powerhouse. I'd say give him one more year and if he dont make any adjustments than sure let him go but right now hes only had one year of his recuiting so most of the players aint even his.Let him bring his players in and if dont work than let him hit the road! JMO Go Cats!

Very sensible post. As I have said many times before - Rupp could not have done anything this this group.

Maybe the best thing is to see BCG go, then you will hear the masses completely lose their mind as they sit through another coach rebuilding a program to meet their needs and a team that is no better than average before they get the players in to get back on track.
OK, Im not even gonna get into it, not worth argueing over...Good luck in the NIT Cats..
lol i agree with overrated. no point in arguing cuz you kentucky fanatics disagree with everything after you ask for peoples opinion. meeks and patterson are good. but meeks isnt as good as you think he is. he can score, heck anybody with equal talent could score that many on that team when you shoot 40 shots. and have no one else on your team that can score. and patterson isnt even that good of a low post player. most of his shots are unorthadox and he struggles to make lay-ups. his moves arent great at all. put those 2 on a squad like carolina,pitt,uconn,ville,oklahoma and they would be 4-6 options to score points. so if you idiots arent happy with 20 wins from a very low talented team then you need help. get real and quit expecting to win national titles every year. carolina has been favored to win the last 3 years and dont even get to the championship game. bunch of eastern kentucky people expecting such high hopes out of a team that isnt even that great. if you all can coach so well, and know so much, then go put in an app to get the job.