Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Dunkers In The Mountains
dore20 Wrote:Tyler Mullins and Justin Jones best 2 hands down.

I agree!!
The King Wrote:Other than Adams and Welch does anyone from the 15th have a game dunk?

Dieb Gross - PC
Ian Welch from JC in the 15th is unbelievable!

So is Justin Jones from Hazard in the 14th!
pittman and phillips from lee co can throw it down pretty decently..in the blue/white night for lee co phillips won the dunk contest by jumping over derek childers as childers lobbed it to him from the front of the basket
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:I agree!!

LOL not often a Hazard and a Perry Central fan agree.:Thumbs:
This is coming from a dunker back in the day. Layups, very easy to do if you can do it. You can start from where you want, take as many steps or dribbles that you want. All you have to do is finish. Reverses are easy to do. One handed, two handed, all about the same if you can really get above the rim. If you can just barely dunk, the little short lob right in front of the goal helps a lot.

In games are different than layups. In games, you always are wondering where someone is coming from and if they are even coming. In my opinion, fast break dunks are easier than dunks off of a half court set. I always thought that two handed dunks were easier in a game because if someone hit you then you still had control of the ball. If it was a one handed one, even if a foul is called the ball can go where it wants. Two hands, you still have it in your hands when you are above the rim. Alley opps are good looking and can really get people out of their seats in this area. Are they harder than doing it all by yourslef? I dont think so. I think they are easier because the defense is more worried about stopping the one with the ball. Of course they are easier if you have a good person throwing the lob. Which around here, there are not that many. A tip to the person throwing it, get it close to the goal as you can without it being over the rim. Dont throw it to the player that is running in for the dunk. 90% of the time when you do that, it is behind the player. Throw it where the player is going to be, not where he is.

The last kind, in my opinion is the hardest, the follow up slam on a shot. There are more varabiles such as knowing where the ball is going to be coming off at. When is it going to be coming off, and where the the players playing defense at that are trying to get that rebound. And of course, you have to worry more about someone getting under you while you are in the air when they are trying to either get position for the rebound, or going after it.

Hard dunks that shake the goal, backboard, rafters, and half the gym just means there is a good chance you will get bruses on your arms from throwing it down so hard. The ones that I really dont like is the ones who just float the ball across the front of the rim and then tries to pull the rim down to make it look like a dunk.

Anyways, that is just my insight from this used to be dunker to the quesion asked.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.