Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 All "A" State Tournament Bracket
TheRealVille Wrote:Who have you been watching? Get off the SV fan stuff. They are not even in the same class as EC. SV isn't even ranked in the top 25. EC is #1. EC beat the #8 team in the state and slept the whole first half. I was there.

SV is 11
The hottest team in NKY right now has to be the Brossart Mustangs. Brossart surprised most because it was felt to be a rebuilding year. However, they have gone 12-2 in the last 14 games, losing by 3 to one of NKY's best Campbell Co, and by 2 to state top 25 Scott.

They are no strangers to All 'A' success. They have one the 10th region the last 6 years and opened this years first round of the 10th with a 69-45 win over Augusta.

Their defense can pose a problem to any team in the tournament. Though this is not the most talented team that coach Code has kicked off the All 'A' with, it may be the most determined.
valleyfan09 Wrote:SV is 11
I heard on the radio this evening that SV was ranked 13th - I believe in the AP poll.
valleyfan09 Wrote:valley will beat elliot easily with elisha 100%

I would like to see this game happen, and if it does this will put a end to this debate, and I don't think you will like the outcome. :redboxer:
No way SV beats Elliott easily if they were to meet. However, I don't think it would be such an easy win for Elliott either. Both are excellent teams that play well together. I think Valley would have to play a great game to beat Elliott, but it is certainly possible.
Elliott beat Shelby Valley 2 year ago state tournament with that i think each team is better now. But Elliott Co beats Shelby Valley by 9
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:No way SV beats Elliott easily if they were to meet. However, I don't think it would be such an easy win for Elliott either. Both are excellent teams that play well together. I think Valley would have to play a great game to beat Elliott, but it is certainly possible.

Good post. Most sensible SV fans hold to a position like yours. Both are excellent teams, but Elliott is probably better. SV would have to play extremely well to knock off Elliott.

Here's hoping we get to see this game in the All-A semifinals.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Have Not Been Able To See Sv Or Ec Play In Person But

Can't Wait For The Game To Happen And Perhaps Listen

On Wdhr Or Some Ek Station. So Much Interest, Just Has To Be A

Game Ek Fans Can Enjoy. Stay Healthy, Both Teams.

I don't think you know how good Elliott is. With Elisha at 100%, it would give Valley a chance to beat them but Elliott is the better team. They are ranked in the top 2 or 3 in the state on almost every poll. I would like to see these two matchup against each other. I hope it happens.
dortonite Wrote:Have Not Been Able To See Sv Or Ec Play In Person But

Can't Wait For The Game To Happen And Perhaps Listen

On Wdhr Or Some Ek Station. So Much Interest, Just Has To Be A

Game Ek Fans Can Enjoy. Stay Healthy, Both Teams.
When these teams meet, I won't be listening on the radio, I will be watching, wherever it is.
Fans should get behind their teams, but you got to be realistic at the same time. If SV ever(this year) beats EC, it won't be easy.
TheRealVille Wrote:Fans should get behind their teams, but you got to be realistic at the same time. If SV ever(this year) beats EC, it won't be easy.

I agree with you, no team should win easy