Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou. Central 40 - Breathitt County 19
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:It was called losing to the Breathitt Bobcats.

FWIW, even had Belfry defeated Breathitt I think they would have had the same fate as the Bobcats yesterday.
Great game for Central. Speed was the main factor in this game. I dont know what happened to Breathitt. Central was in the backfield most of the game cept for a couple of plays when breathitt broke it loose on them. It was sort of a close game in this first half then Central took over in the second. Breathitt shouldnt hang thier heads they played hard just couldnt execute on the main plays they need to and were not finishing up their drives that they needed. Wilson and Cobble were great players as the rest of the team. There was an awesome one handed catch by the Central wide-reciever that went for atleast a good 50 yard td i believe.
For those Doug Howard and josh Gross fans, get serious when you try to compare players that were small and under sized and pretty good High School players to Channing Fugate, you act like he should be feel bad for having size. Channing has all the things you need to be sucessful with size and speed and has one more year to improve. What did Howard and Gross do after they got out of High School?
Cobble dominated Breathitt.

I said it last year when Central beat Belfry, said it when he committed to UK and was named only a "2-Star" Recruit, and will say it now that his HS career is over:

Mister Cobble is the most dominating defensive tackle I have ever seen play HS football. Of all of UK's recruits I expect him along with either of their QB;s to have the most illustrious college career. When you have coaches from Male, St. Xavier, and Highlands all commenting about how great of a player he is then you know he is a very special talent.
Wilson did very good to. First or second play he stuck fugate pretty good.
CENTRAL!!!! Was just to much for the bobcats. Basically shutting Fugate down in the 2nd half. Central had to much speed for the Bobcats this year. Best team in 3A is Central.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:No @@@@..................Breathitt had their opportunities and did not make the plays that champions make.....Central was not "too much" for the Bobcats....Breathitt had several chances to make this a different game......

Believe me, Central was too much for Belfry last year and too much for Central this year. Belfry played Central tougher for the full 48 minutes, but Breathitt did get off to the good start. You cannot make mistakes against any team, much less a fast, quick-strike team like Central. Breathitt played them tough, but just tough gets you no better than second place. Breathitt will be a favorite next year, but Fugate could use another back to help him out. You could see the attention they payed to him and that opened up Haddix. Another quality back could get some yards and make Breathitt's team more dangerous.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:..Breathitt had their opportunities and did not make the plays that champions make.....Central was not "too much" for the Bobcats....Breathitt had several chances to make this a different game......
With all due respect you have to say the same for Central. They had some costly penalties that extended one of Breathitt's scoring drives ( Breathitt's last drive they had a pass interference and a personal foul penalty)

Central had four posessions end inside Breathitt territory with either a turnover on downs or a fumble.

Central had several deep pass attempts that were either misthrown or dropped as well.

Could Breathitt had made this a more respectable score? Of course!
But this also could have been a 60-13 final score as well.
bucslover68 Wrote:Believe me, Central was too much for Belfry last year and too much for Central this year. Belfry played Central tougher for the full 48 minutes, but Breathitt did get off to the good start. You cannot make mistakes against any team, much less a fast, quick-strike team like Central. Breathitt played them tough, but just tough gets you no better than second place. Breathitt will be a favorite next year, but Fugate could use another back to help him out. You could see the attention they payed to him and that opened up Haddix. Another quality back could get some yards and make Breathitt's team more dangerous.
Breathitt got off to a good start jumping up 7-0 and holding Central on their first couple drives... it was what happened when Central made adjustments that did them in.
bucslover68 Wrote:Believe me, Central was too much for Belfry last year and too much for Central this year. Belfry played Central tougher for the full 48 minutes, but Breathitt did get off to the good start. You cannot make mistakes against any team, much less a fast, quick-strike team like Central. Breathitt played them tough, but just tough gets you no better than second place. Breathitt will be a favorite next year, but Fugate could use another back to help him out. You could see the attention they payed to him and that opened up Haddix. Another quality back could get some yards and make Breathitt's team more dangerous.

Sorry guys, I meant to say "too much for Breathitt this year".
And i think Central will be to much for anyone next year and i see them getting the 3peat.
BatCat11 Wrote:And i think Central will be to much for anyone next year and i see them getting the 3peat.

Agreed!
Crossbones Wrote:Fugate's size and surprising speed will earn him a scholarship, no doubt, He is very well deserving of praises. He runs hard is tough to bring down. His field vision is questionable though. As for overall athletic ability, Josh Gross and Doug Howard were head and shoulders above him.

He does have another year though.:yikes:

Well what about Kasey Clark? He had the size and speed, and i thought he was much tougher than Fugate.
bluegrassballa Wrote:Well what about Kasey Clark? He had the size and speed, and i thought he was much tougher than Fugate.

He was, as were the other three backs mentioned (Howard, Gross, and Jones).

Fugate is eerily similar to Dustin May, but he probably has a little better lateral movement.
Where are all these other guys? Fugate rushed for 3,000 yards in one season. How do you know how tough Fugate is. He never missed a game all season, so I think he must be pretty tough!!!
King Leonidas Wrote:Where are all these other guys? Fugate rushed for 3,000 yards in one season. How do you know how tough Fugate is. He never missed a game all season, so I think he must be pretty tough!!!

May- Georgetown
Clark- Morehead State
Howard- Went to Pikeville before being sidelined with a major back injury
Gross- I am not sure about....

Fugate hasn't been guaranteed a college career yet, so that arguement you are presenting does not hold water.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:FWIW, even had Belfry defeated Breathitt I think they would have had the same fate as the Bobcats yesterday.
I think you are right. Unfortunately I think it will be the same fate for who ever comes out of the east in 3A next season.
King Leonidas Wrote:For those Doug Howard and josh Gross fans, get serious when you try to compare players that were small and under sized and pretty good High School players to Channing Fugate, you act like he should be feel bad for having size. Channing has all the things you need to be sucessful with size and speed and has one more year to improve. What did Howard and Gross do after they got out of High School?

Well, Gross went to Georgetown scored a few touchdowns and suffered through some injuries. Starting medical school an will become a Dr.

Not too bad.

By the way, the were better than pretty good. It was just a comparison and their was nothing insulting about it. Yes Gross and even Howard were faster than Fugate. Fugate is bigger. Deciding who is or was better is very subjective. They all were or are great football players. I enjoyed watching all three of them play.
I think Fugate and Clark are pretty similar. Fugate has a little more size. Clark was a little quicker.
[quote=TheBrahmaBull]Smile That is just funny....It takes more than 1 player to make it to the championship...If you think that Breathitt is a one man team you know little about what it takes to field a good team....[/

i agree and disagree, i agree by stating that breathitt has to play as a team on defense to even stand a chance on stoping anyone, which they couldnt do against central, but i disagree by saying that the receviers/quarterback play a role of running down feild as decoys, and handing the ball off to fugate on offense, i give loads of credit to the breathitt offensive line and fugate but its not fare to the receviers and quarterbacks to take part in an offense that has three plays, fugate to the left, fugate to the right and fugate up the middle. i beleive in running an offense to where everyone plays a role and everyone contributes, just like the breathitt ive seen in the past, im not down playing the players becuease its not the pros, its high school, im down playing the coach, mr. holcolmb. he should not have won coach of the year in my opinon, but thats all i have to say, congradulations to breathitt county players and fans, you guys were the only reason you made it to state, not your coach:thumpsup:
blind side #70 Wrote:[quote=TheBrahmaBull]Smile That is just funny....It takes more than 1 player to make it to the championship...If you think that Breathitt is a one man team you know little about what it takes to field a good team....[/

i agree and disagree, i agree by stating that breathitt has to play as a team on defense to even stand a chance on stoping anyone, which they couldnt do against central, but i disagree by saying that the receviers/quarterback play a role of running down feild as decoys, and handing the ball off to fugate on offense, i give loads of credit to the breathitt offensive line and fugate but its not fare to the receviers and quarterbacks to take part in an offense that has three plays, fugate to the left, fugate to the right and fugate up the middle. i beleive in running an offense to where everyone plays a role and everyone contributes, just like the breathitt ive seen in the past, im not down playing the players becuease its not the pros, its high school, im down playing the coach, mr. holcolmb. he should not have won coach of the year in my opinon, but thats all i have to say, congradulations to breathitt county players and fans, you guys were the only reason you made it to state, not your coach:thumpsup:
Without the efforts of the o-line, wr's, and QB, the RB can not get anything done......It takes a "team" effort on offense and defense to be a descent team......Is Channing Fugate talented, yes.....But he would not be as good as he is if the other kids did not do their part.......
Twitter: @tc_analytics

bucslover68 Wrote:Howard was not 220. He was nearer 200 and maybe 205. The roster from 2004 at state says 205. He was probably 5'9" - 5'10". He was faster than Fugate, but Fugate does have the size advantage. Howard also has something Fugate can never have: 2 championship rings. It will be really interesting to see how Fugate projects at the college level. If he is intent on staying a running back, then low to mid D1 is where he will end up. If he wants to change positions on offense to tight end or fullback, or concentrate on defense, then a lot of bigger D1 schools come into the picture. I liked watching Channing play last week. He is a really good all-around football player.

Actually, yes he was. He was heavier his junior season, but worked hard in the offseason, and slimmed down a bit, and got quicker. Agility was dramatically improved.

And for those talking about Fugate had 3,000 yards this year. You have to remember, Doug Jr. always had to share the ball with plenty of big yard rushers. (Jonah Caudill, his freshman & sophomore years, David Jones his junior & senior years) Not to mention the many other backs Belfry used.
But back to Louisville Central & Breathitt Co.

Interesting stats about Central's school.. LC has around 1,000 students, give or take a few. But of those 1,000 students, around only 330 are boys.. Arn't those few guys lucky? lol
central Looses Wilson Cobble and Hughes who scored most of the Tds for the team run wise which is were they dominated most of the playoffs. they keep king (qb) and Patterson and some OL but i think Elizabethtown or Union could take them this year depending on the offseason also Paducah tilghman could very well relapse for another season like 2007.
Yeah Yeah them mountains boys cant mes with them city boys!!!!
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:[quote=blind side #70]
Without the efforts of the o-line, wr's, and QB, the RB can not get anything done......It takes a "team" effort on offense and defense to be a descent team......Is Channing Fugate talented, yes.....But he would not be as good as he is if the other kids did not do their part.......

I saw the O-line blocking for him. But when he got to the secondary, he just did everything himself.
FBALL Wrote:Jealous or just tired of hearing the hype. Either way Central proved they were the best in 3A and Breathitt County had a great year.

Just tired of hearing the hype.
C.Clair Wrote:Breathitts back was broken early in the game. The Int that Jade threw that Central took back was the straw that broke the cambels back. Before that we were hitting them in the mouth and taking it to them. I got an update and the score was 7 to 0 Breathitt, then i turn around a few mins and Central was up 14 to 7. From what updates I got, Breathitt just couldnt hit the open receiver and were under or over throwning the ball. Breathitt has their chances to break this game wide open but just couldnt connect. O well there is always next year. Our players have another year to get stronger, faster and more put together. I think next year it will be a different story. Breathitt isnt a one man team either, if we could have gotten the ball to the open man, I beleive we would have one. But now I start to sounds like some Belfry fans (caugh caugh Cuppett777) making excuses on why we lost. O well Congrats to Central and we will be seeing you agian next year.

no excuses turnovers are part of the game, i said (if) they didnt turn it over the would have been playing central..that was the 6 game i went to this year and the 1st game they turned it over in any of them and they done it 4times and still had a chance to win..
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Cobble dominated Breathitt.

I said it last year when Central beat Belfry, said it when he committed to UK and was named only a "2-Star" Recruit, and will say it now that his HS career is over:

Mister Cobble is the most dominating defensive tackle I have ever seen play HS football. Of all of UK's recruits I expect him along with either of their QB;s to have the most illustrious college career. When you have coaches from Male, St. Xavier, and Highlands all commenting about how great of a player he is then you know he is a very special talent.
cobble didnt dominate breathitt i was at the game and didnt see him make a solo tackle. therefore ur taking credit from other central players. cobble is good but #4 whoever that kid is. he is a much better defensive player than cobble or it looked like in this game.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:May- Georgetown
Clark- Morehead State
Howard- Went to Pikeville before being sidelined with a major back injury
Gross- I am not sure about....

Fugate hasn't been guaranteed a college career yet, so that arguement you are presenting does not hold water.
these guys u say are quicker. BUT they were not close to his size. i mean come on you take a RB that is 6'3" 225 pounds and runs a 4.6 in the 40 yard dash. that is a good time for his size. unquestionable fugate wins Mr.Football next year if he stays healthy. oh yea the big horse couldnt gallop on artifical turf he needs real grass to gallop on.