Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lou. Central 40 - Breathitt County 19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Final!

Bobcats have nothing to hang there heads about, they played a good game and proved a lot, I mean a lot of people wrong in these playoffs.

Congrats to the Yellow Jackets on there 2nd straight class AAA state championship!
Central just out played Breathitt
Excellent job on the updates BatCat11. Congratulations Louisville Central.
Central is just a more talented team than Breathitt Co. Congrats Central!
Congrats to Breathitt on a great season.
No one in 3A can handle the speed of Louisville Central. Breathitt, Belfry, SC, or whoever made it to the final, it wouldn't matter, no one has the speed to match up. I do however believe BC will have a much better chance next year, and are the favorites to go to Bowling Green next year..
Who does Central lose and return for next season
Great year Bobcats....Improve and make another run next season.....
BatCat11 Wrote:Who does Central lose and return for next season

I know they lose Wilson and Cobble, and they return Tim Patterson.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Final!

Bobcats have nothing to hang there heads about, they played a good game and proved a lot, I mean a lot of people wrong in these playoffs.

Congrats to the Yellow Jackets on there 2nd straight class AAA state championship!
Does anyone know how many yards Channing Fugate had in this game rushing and receiving?
they lose Hughes Wilson coble but keep patterson and robinson WR and King QB
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Does anyone know how many yards Channing Fugate had in this game rushing and receiving?

133 yards rushing on 18 attempts and 39 yards receiving on 4 catches
Congrats to Breathitt on a great season....
Central will still be a force. Patterson and the good freshman running back return. My early favorites for next year in 3A are Central and Breathitt Co, with Belfry and others right behind. BTW, Conratulations to Central for two in a row and to Breathitt for a great run.
Who would you say played best against Central in the playoffs? Union, Elizabethtown or Breathitt County?
BatCat11 Wrote:133 yards rushing on 18 attempts and 39 yards receiving on 4 catches
133 rushing and 39 receiving against a team who is stacking the line of scrimmage and keying on fugate. I'd say fugate is a great back because he was able to do this without the threat of any real passing game. OVER 3000 YARDS RUSHING THIS SEASON. YES, CHANNING YOU ARE A GREAT BACK THAT WILL ONLY GET BETTER.
bucslover68 Wrote:Central will still be a force. Patterson and the good freshman running back return. My early favorites for next year in 3A are Central and Breathitt Co, with Belfry and others right behind.

I think we'll be down until our young QB gets some expierience under his belt.. I don't think we'll be a state championship contender next year..
slugger35 Wrote:133 rushing and 39 receiving against a team who is stacking the line of scrimmage and keying on fugate. I'd say fugate is a great back because he was able to do this without the threat of any real passing game. OVER 3000 YARDS RUSHING THIS SEASON. YES, CHANNING YOU ARE A GREAT BACK THAT WILL ONLY GET BETTER.

63 of those came of one run
mrfootball03 Wrote:I think we'll be down until our young QB gets some expierience under his belt.. I don't think we'll be a state championship contender next year..

That is indeed one of the big question marks, but Belfry always finds a way to replace who they lose. I think a big advantage was the fact that Williams got so many snaps in relief this year. I think there will be some growing pains and we may not see the best of Belfry till toward the end of the year.
I know he got 63 yards on one run but I dont understand why that matters. Seems like it would take a good back to get that many on a couple of runs against Centrals defense. Congrats to Central on winning back to back championships and to Breathitt on a great season.
Some of us told you people all season long that this is how it would end up.

Congrats to Breathitt Co on making it to the carpet and not getting shut out.
The kid is a good back and he has on more season to get better.
See you guys at the Rock in Week 1 next year.
Congratulations to the Bobcats on a fine season.

Fugate is a very impressive player and had a great year going over 3,000 yards in a season.

See you in 2009.TongueirateSho
BatCat11 Wrote:63 of those came of one run
133 yards is 133 yards. What do you want to do take every big run away from every running back or do you just want to try to deminish Fugates accomplishments this year. Take a look in the record books, they don't subtract the big runs.
good season bobcats! you turned a lot of heads this year. Congrats to Louisville Central!
slugger35 Wrote:133 yards is 133 yards. What do you want to do take every big run away from every running back or do you just want to try to deminish Fugates accomplishments this year. Take a look in the record books, they don't subtract the big runs.
Oh i wasn't downing the kid is is a good back and he broke 3000 this year and i congratulate him on that i was just stating that of his total yards 63 of them was on one play yes 133 yards is 133 yards. If you thought i was just downing him i apologize that was not the way i intended that you will never see down someone.
the officials in this game should be ashamed. horribly called football game on their part. central was the better team tonight, but holcomb definitely had something to complain about in this one.
BatCat11 Wrote:Oh i wasn't downing the kid is is a good back and he broke 3000 this year and i congratulate him on that i was just stating that of his total yards 63 of them was on one play yes 133 yards is 133 yards. If you thought i was just downing him i apologize that was not the way i intended that you will never see down someone.
I accept that. I was just trying to point out that Channing did what he did this year without much of a passing attack and the lack of a good passing game killed Breathitt this game and the kid still found a way to get 133 on the ground against a very good defence designed to stop him.
i think belfry would gave central a run for the title, but good job central on the AAA state championship for the 2nd time in a row. Breathitt good job making it to state even though you didnt win
Belfry didn't make it.

Central was by far the most talented team in 3A.

This one turned out as expected.
Pages: 1 2 3 4