Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Highlands Bluebirds
48.48%
Johnson Central Golden Eagles
51.52%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands @ Johnson Central (5A 3rd Round)
if the eagles keep their heads on their shoulders it could be a good game. JCHS Defense needs to be infamous friday night and play a slow paced game controlling the clock! good luck eagles!!! god bless!!
This will be a good game. But the Blue Birds win in a close one. 28-24
P4PChamp Wrote:Comparing oppnents and how bad each team beat those opponents is virtually useless especially when the JVs were in early on. The better comparison would be things like points for and points against. JC PF 530, PA 216...Highlands PF 541, PA 135. Even these simple stats have a lot of intangibles involved, but based upon this the offenses look to score about the same while Highland's defense has given up quite a few less points.
Against far superior competition.
P4PChamp Wrote:Yep, I will be there, Lord willing. 5 1/2 hour trip one way for me. By the way, where are all the JC fans? There should have been a couple hundred posts by now. No interest in the game?

JC fans are humble and do not believe in trashing other teams on these sites. We respect our opponets and let our kids fight the battles on the field, it has worked so far.

Great game, great atmosphere! We would like to invite the HHS fans down and to drive safe. Although we like to win and have been sucessful, JC fans enjoy watching great players and this Friday Night the field will be full!

Go Eagles!
MonsterMan Wrote:JC fans are humble and do not believe in trashing other teams on these sites. We respect our opponets and let our kids fight the battles on the field, it has worked so far.

Great game, great atmosphere! We would like to invite the HHS fans down and to drive safe. Although we like to win and have been sucessful, JC fans enjoy watching great players and this Friday Night the field will be full!

Go Eagles!

Who said anything about trashing anybody's team? I was just wondering where all the JC fans are at. They were out in full force on here before the Belfry game and now must be taking some time off just before a very big game as well. I would also beg to differ that all JC fans are of the non trash talking variety. I read these threads too y'know.
JC is coming off a huge loss to the #1 team in 3A. That only helped them. Belfry woke up Matney and his crew. Highlands Is a good team. But it is the playoffs. The regular season doesnt matter, stats doesnt matter and the teams you beat and got beat by doesnt matter. Anything can happen. It is going to be a hard task to beat JC at home. There fans are mean.lol. and Its the playoffs. Im going to give JC the win but not by much. They come back, down 14 points late in the 3rd to win by a field goal.
And for the record Highlands would have a tough time beating Belfry even at Highlands.
I have seen alot of improvement on many different teams. Factor in that its now playoff time and anything can happen. This could be anyone's game. I repsect Highlands but can't control the urge to pull for an underdog. I hope really that they just beat the heck out of eachother. This game will not be a blow out and will be full of alot of huge hits. I do not feel either of them are ready to quit and which ever one want's to go on will prove it. Both teams got all they need to beat the other one. And enough with all the Belfry stuff,let it rest.
P4PChamp Wrote:Who said anything about trashing anybody's team? I was just wondering where all the JC fans are at. They were out in full force on here before the Belfry game and now must be taking some time off just before a very big game as well. I would also beg to differ that all JC fans are of the non trash talking variety. I read these threads too y'know.

I didn't mean to suggest I disagreeded with you, just stated fact. Most of the JC fans support thier team in a classy way and I am sure HHS is the same way. I regret there are nuts on both sides!
Hilbily Wrote:I have seen alot of improvement on many different teams. Factor in that its now playoff time and anything can happen. This could be anyone's game. I repsect Highlands but can't control the urge to pull for an underdog. I hope really that they just beat the heck out of eachother. This game will not be a blow out and will be full of alot of huge hits. I do not feel either of them are ready to quit and which ever one want's to go on will prove it. Both teams got all they need to beat the other one. And enough with all the Belfry stuff,let it rest.

Great post, nothing behind counts! Football is a physical game, and the team that comes out and establishes a physical dominace wins this one. We will see who want the State Title most.
We sometimes see fans so caught up in the suck that they forget. These teams are ultimatley in charge of the outcome. Try to tell Boise State they can't play with a team.
MonsterMan Wrote:I didn't mean to suggest I disagreeded with you, just stated fact. Most of the JC fans support thier team in a classy way and I am sure HHS is the same way. I regret there are nuts on both sides!

It's cool, bro, and I agree that most JC fans are some of the best people you would want to meet in person at a game, hospitable if you will. I, like you, hope for a great football game. No one thinks JC isn't a very good football team either. I see JC play from time to time, last time I saw them was against a Bryan Station team.
schs_06 Wrote:And for the record Highlands would have a tough time beating Belfry even at Highlands.

Even though this is not a Belfry thread I'll say that Highlands is a totally different animal than we are used to seeing in the East. Highlands dismantled Ashland. I think Highlands will handle Johnson Central fairly handily and I also think they would dispose of Belfry as well. I have respect for teams from the East but Ft Thomas is just different football.
johnson central by 7 or 8
Money Maker Wrote:This game will be over quick!!! Highlands if clearly the best team in the state and will totally dominate JC. If I were Matney, I would just forfeit this game and save Highlands some gas money by not making the long trip. Smile I would almost bet Highlands could sit there starters and still play right with JC. Sorry JC, looks like this isn't your year either. Hmmm Big Grin

And I am sorry, how are your 0-11 LC Bulldogs? Did you help them put up their equipment? Oh and didn't you say something earlier in the year about Cov Cath beating JC? Did you help your nephew put up his equipment as well? Looks like it wasn't LC's or your nephew's year either.
This will by far be the best game of the week! I would love nothing more than to see Central win! Go Eagles!!
I agree, Highlands plays on a different level than eastern Ky teams. JCHS handled CC, but left recivers open all night. They were bailed out by a ton of dropped passes by CC receivers. The fan in me would love to see a win, but I think that if we leave HHS receivers open this week it will be a long night. The kicking game will hurt as well. If Highlands gets every posession at the 40, they will score alot of points. It is true anything can happen in the playoffs, but the great teams make things happen at this point of the season. I do expect a tremendous game either way.
The polls have jc ahead and I hope its true, but I'll take Highlands by at least a touchdown.
Are you a JC player, ryandamaste5?
JC has shown that they can handle quit easily one the the best programs in the state with the way they took care of Cov. Cath. This could be a long night for the Birds. Always tuff to travel, and mountain teams have never been and "easy" win. Looks like the train is rolling and will be tuff to stop in the mountains.
tradition Wrote:JC has shown that they can handle quit easily one the the best programs in the state with the way they took care of Cov. Cath. This could be a long night for the Birds. Always tuff to travel, and mountain teams have never been and "easy" win. Looks like the train is rolling and will be tuff to stop in the mountains.

Might be one of the best programs in the state, but this years team has less talent then any team in decades. We will see this Friday if they can handle one of the best teams in the state. Looking forward to a good game.
sstack Wrote:Might be one of the best programs in the state, but this years team has less talent then any team in decades. We will see this Friday if they can handle one of the best teams in the state. Looking forward to a good game.

Are you talking JC or Highlands? JC has been on a roll for the last few years.
tradition Wrote:Are you talking JC or Highlands? JC has been on a roll for the last few years.

Talking about cov cath being down.
polls mean nothing
cuppett777 Wrote:polls mean nothing

Then why do most of your champions come from the top of the polls?
IMO some teams when they are out of school on a Friday get out of their "routine" and don't perform as well as they usually do, hope this doesn't effect JC.
The reason Highland almost lost to Bryan Station was because Highland made a lot of mistakes (Just like Johnson Central did against Bryan Station).

Johnson Central's defense can stop the run. The proved that against Belfry, allowing Belfry to only get 3 rushing touchdowns when they're used to getting 5 to 7. I pick Highland to win simply because Johnson Central has a hard time with pass defense.

Highland - 34, Johnson Central - 21
Money Maker Wrote:This game will be over quick!!! Highlands if clearly the best team in the state and will totally dominate JC. If I were Matney, I would just forfeit this game and save Highlands some gas money by not making the long trip. Smile I would almost bet Highlands could sit there starters and still play right with JC. Sorry JC, looks like this isn't your year either. Hmmm Big Grin

What kind of statement is this? forfeit? Are you trying to make someone laugh? These boys don't need to read comments like this, especially when the comments are the results of either jealousy or just plain mean words. Let the boys have their moment in time. Let them play! JC.. Give it everything you got, we'll be cheering you on!!!:Cheerlead
sstack Wrote:As for the backup QB, alot of guys could play QB for JC , just need to be able to make good handoffs to your good running backs. You do not have a passing attack. Looking forward to the game, Hope it is a good one.

The QB in this system is the key to the system. He's the one who makes the reads, based on what he sees whether to leave it with the fullback, go to the halfback, or keep it himself. His ball handling and fakes are integral to the misdirection aspect of the offense, especially against faster teams.
Smile
schs_06 Wrote:And for the record Highlands would have a tough time beating Belfry even at Highlands.
Highlands could beat an all-star team comprised of Belfry and Johnson Central.Smile
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next