Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 33 PRestonsburg 7
Understandable....I'm sure most are wondering the same...exp after the last 2 games.
Yea. Alot of people expected so much of the Burg this season and they are really yet to deliver. I don't know if the hype was just more than what they deserved or they slacked off...I really don't know. Everyone thought that they would be a front runner up there with Belfry and such but yet to see that kind of play from them.
Some just can't handle the pressure!!!

And I don't think they worked hard enough in the off season. I mean have you seen Hamilton? he's put on a lot of weight (and I don't mean muscle)
I haven't seen any of the players this year, I can just go by what I hear. ER plays them in a little over a month and that will be the only time that I get to see them play probably.

That is true, some just can't take the amount of pressure being put on them. I would say that the coaches and other influential people to the team remind them daily about winning this and that. That takes its toll in the long run when the player just cracks.
UKCATS Wrote:Some just can't handle the pressure!!!

And I don't think they worked hard enough in the off season. I mean have you seen Hamilton? he's put on a lot of weight (and I don't mean muscle)
Ouch!! dont hate on the bigboy Smile Smile Sad Sad Sad
I hope Bam Bam doesn't get a hold of ya!! :twisted:
Beef Wrote:I hope Bam Bam doesn't get a hold of ya!! :twisted:

Haha, I don't think it would be a pretty site. Bam is the same size he was last year. hasn't changed a bit.
Brenton is the leader of this p-burg team to me because he has given it 110% both games just dave and brandon are backing him up.

Charles Robinson quit !
blackcat_student Wrote:Brenton is the leader of this p-burg team to me because he has given it 110% both games just dave and brandon are backing him up.

Charles Robinson quit !

Pburg has players quiting now? I just can't understand what is wrong with the Blackcats....the biggest mystery to me so far this season. I could understand it if they were just over-hyped but they have a lot of talent and a lot of players back off of last years regional runner-up team...just doesn't make sense.
4 out of 5 starting linemen from a regional runner-up team PHSFAN, and they still dont block anybody. They are probably the smallest line in 2A, but that didnt stop them from killing people last year, no excuse for not blocking this year. I think overall the team is playin hard except for the O and D linemen. Hell, how can we run, pass or anything with no blocking, for all we know we have 1 all state QB, 3 all state RB's and 3 all state WR's, but untill the line starts blocking we will never know.
I agree R and B.

PHS, the samething happened last year with a couple players after we got beat by Pikeville. Practices weren't to fun.
LOL thats a pretty good point R and B. Never quite looked at it like that before.
I honestly dont know if we will find out unless someone steps up big time in this next game b/c if Pburg loses this game I say season might as well be over the players are going to be down on themselves and they wont want to play ball.....I just hope someone steps up this friday....BCF4L is your wife gonna let you go to this game? lol :lol:
Smile Nope!