Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 33 PRestonsburg 7
Total domination by the boys in Maroon. For people that were there is Pikeville playing this good or did Pburg play this bad? Good luck to the Blackcats from here on out.
Very impressive.. Not a typical Pburg score.
Really starting to wonder about the predictions for Pburg this year. :x
At least we don't have to hear about the 1st game jinx like we did all of last year.
Freshman Daniel Harmon led the Panthers with 68 yards on 7 carries. Weston Robinson was slowed by a neck injury (only 4 carries) . Ted Honaker and Chaz Jackson didn't play at all.
let me just say WOW lol
PantherBlitz42 Wrote:let me just say WOW lol

I agree 8)
great job by pikeville in this one!! congratulations on a dominating performance, i said from the beginning that this was going to be a talented team cant wait to see you guys in a few weeks gonna be a good one :twisted: 8)
way to go pville
PBURG played horrible. They had about 6 turnovers, only had 3 plays of offense(Pop pass to the WR, QB draw, and a fullback dive). Its no wonder they got beat as bad as they did, should've and could've got beaten a lot worse. I've never seen a PBurg team be this weak. I was expecting a good game but I guess my 5 bucks went down the drain. Good job Pikeville, even though the play calling of Derossett sucked, the D looks a lot better. Also the QB has got some wheels and a dag gone good arm.
If Prestonsburg is a serious regional championship contender in Region 4 AA then Pikeville has to be the front runner for the regional title IMO, and I hope this will finally put the hilarious talk that the district title will be decided when Hazard and Paintsville play. Prestonsburg better get ready or Paintsville may take them to the woodshed just like the Panthers did tonight and the Mighty Blackcats will be 0-3 with three losses to Class A district 8 teams(which many consider to be the weakest district in Class A). I didn't know what to expect in this game because I didn't know how down the Corbin Redhounds were this year but now after seeing how Pikeville handled Prestonsburg with ease I think that Pikeville is for real. I still think the Blackcats will rebound and have a nice season and maybe who knows when the region title. I expect Prestonsburg to beat Paintsville by 14+ next Friday(just my opinion)and start to get ona roll. Question for Prestonsburg fans.....after watching both Pikeville and Hazard play which one do you consider to be the best team? Good luck to the Blackcats....you guys will beat up on Shelby Valley, East Ridge, and Pike Central again and battle it out again with Belfry for the district championship.
Congrats Pikeville
All I can say is...................................................................................................................................................

HAIL PIKEVILLE!!!! Confusedhock:
Pikeville-Belfry will be quite the matchup.

Belfry is a much better all around team than Pburg right now. The Blackcats o-line is non-existent and they are SLOW...

Pburg also doesn't have that go to player.
Don't know what to say....

Very dissapointed in the Blackcats tonight, the only one that seemed to know how to play was Shaffer. He showed a lot of heart coming in 50% and being able to to what he did.

It looked like P-burg was back in grade school, I know they're better then that.
PHSFAN Wrote:If Prestonsburg is a serious regional championship contender in Region 4 AA then Pikeville has to be the front runner for the regional title IMO, and I hope this will finally put the hilarious talk that the district title will be decided when Hazard and Paintsville play. Prestonsburg better get ready or Paintsville may take them to the woodshed just like the Panthers did tonight and the Mighty Blackcats will be 0-3 with three losses to Class A district 8 teams(which many consider to be the weakest district in Class A). I didn't know what to expect in this game because I didn't know how down the Corbin Redhounds were this year but now after seeing how Pikeville handled Prestonsburg with ease I think that Pikeville is for real. I still think the Blackcats will rebound and have a nice season and maybe who knows when the region title. I expect Prestonsburg to beat Paintsville by 14+ next Friday(just my opinion)and start to get ona roll. Question for Prestonsburg fans.....after watching both Pikeville and Hazard play which one do you consider to be the best team? Good luck to the Blackcats....you guys will beat up on Shelby Valley, East Ridge, and Pike Central again and battle it out again with Belfry for the district championship.

Beat Paintsville by 14+?? lol Does surprise me that a pikeville fan would show such disrespect to say that.
Superman Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:If Prestonsburg is a serious regional championship contender in Region 4 AA then Pikeville has to be the front runner for the regional title IMO, and I hope this will finally put the hilarious talk that the district title will be decided when Hazard and Paintsville play. Prestonsburg better get ready or Paintsville may take them to the woodshed just like the Panthers did tonight and the Mighty Blackcats will be 0-3 with three losses to Class A district 8 teams(which many consider to be the weakest district in Class A). I didn't know what to expect in this game because I didn't know how down the Corbin Redhounds were this year but now after seeing how Pikeville handled Prestonsburg with ease I think that Pikeville is for real. I still think the Blackcats will rebound and have a nice season and maybe who knows when the region title. I expect Prestonsburg to beat Paintsville by 14+ next Friday(just my opinion)and start to get ona roll. Question for Prestonsburg fans.....after watching both Pikeville and Hazard play which one do you consider to be the best team? Good luck to the Blackcats....you guys will beat up on Shelby Valley, East Ridge, and Pike Central again and battle it out again with Belfry for the district championship.

Beat Paintsville by 14+?? lol Does surprise me that a pikeville fan would show such disrespect to say that.

Beat Pikeville more than once in 20 years then come tell me. I have a lot of good friends from Paintsville so if you knew me I dont think you would say that. Beat Pburg and prove me wrong, thats all you got to do, plain and simple. I hear the hype out of Paintsville every football season so I am not buying tinto it yet until they beat a real team and next week is a great time to start it.
For one thing, whats happened in the past games, means nothing on this season. Its just to bad that Paintsville can't recruit as well as Pikeville over the years. I will say at this point in the season, i think that Pikeville has the best team and i wont claim any different. I will also agree that Paintsville hasnt beat a quality opponent yet. And your statements show your disrespect towards Paintsville and idc who your "Friends" are from paintsville..cause the first statement you made proves my point.
Where did he show disrespect? by saying that Paintsville will get beat by 14+ next week and won't win on Howard Field? I think those were just his honest predictions.

And I don't think that Pikeville recruits :roll:
Beef Wrote:Where did he show disrespect? by saying that Paintsville will get beat by 14+ next week and won't win on Howard Field? I think those were just his honest predictions.

And I don't think that Pikeville recruits :roll:

Thanks Beef...nothing personal on my end toward Paintsville and no need for anyone to get personal but I do and will continue to give my PERSONAL OPINIONS.
PHSFAN Wrote:Beat Pikeville more than once in 20 years then come tell me. I have a lot of good friends from Paintsville so if you knew me I dont think you would say that. Beat Pburg and prove me wrong, thats all you got to do, plain and simple. I hear the hype out of Paintsville every football season so I am not buying tinto it yet until they beat a real team and next week is a great time to start it.

Beat a real team this season, is something Pikeville has yet to do. They had a chance to beat a REAL team and got beat. Pikeville has two wins against 0-5 teams, without their starting QB's and key starters due to injury or quitting. I know superman and I'm sure he'd say that to you know matter who you are if you are trying to intimidate him. And the whole recruiting thing I have some insiders in the Pikeville program that has told me all about it, not saying it is happening now, but it did in their state championship years. One question why did the Honaker boys leave Phelps, by choice or pursuaded.
PHSFAN Wrote:I do without getting personal and as far as the the recruiting allegations they are totally false.

I know this kid knows high school football and I know for a fact he is telling the truth, he lives for it and been around it many many years, prolly longer than you've been alive. And the personaly attack comment could be percieved that way, when you said something along the lines of "Beat Pikeville more than once in 20 years and then come talk to me." That is considered a personal attack.

Quick note: I thought it was funny when the woman asked me at the gate where I was from and I said Paintsville, she said we were nothing but preps. Please, no one at that High School now or when I attended back in the day were preppy. No one in that school's parking lot has a vehicle over 10,000 green backs, nor does anyone wear that queer looking collar up trend. At my college when I'm hanging out with some sorority sisters and they see something like that it makes them laugh. So for all you people doing that thinking you are going to get a girl that way or its cool you better quit or your love throughout college will be palmala.
TBIRD Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:I do without getting personal and as far as the the recruiting allegations they are totally false.

I know this kid knows high school football and I know for a fact he is telling the truth, he lives for it and been around it many many years, prolly longer than you've been alive. And the personaly attack comment could be percieved that way, when you said something along the lines of "Beat Pikeville more than once in 20 years and then come talk to me." That is considered a personal attack.

Quick note: I thought it was funny when the woman asked me at the gate where I was from and I said Paintsville, she said we were nothing but preps. Please, no one at that High School now or when I attended back in the day were preppy. No one in that school's parking lot has a vehicle over 10,000 green backs, nor does anyone wear that queer looking collar up trend. At my college when I'm hanging out with some sorority sisters and they see something like that it makes them laugh. So for all you people doing that thinking you are going to get a girl that way or its cool you better quit or your love throughout college will be palmala.

I have been in college for 5 years and don't have any problem in that area but I appreciate your concern.
Aaaa...PHS...the 5+ year plan...I like it Smile
PHSFAN Wrote:I have been in college for 5 years and don't have any problem in that area but I appreciate your concern.

So I'm assuming you are one of those kids that do it... Smile Smile Smile
Beef Wrote:Aaaa...PHS...the 5+ year plan...I like it Smile

I'm going for 6 yr plan if I can...they bring in a new crop of Freshman every August...I love it. Smile
TBIRD Wrote:
PHSFAN Wrote:I have been in college for 5 years and don't have any problem in that area but I appreciate your concern.

So I'm assuming you are one of those kids that do it... Smile Smile Smile

Contry Boy here. I wear blue jeans and sweatshits.... Idea BTW, thanks for calling me a kid makes me feel young again.
TBIRD Wrote:One question why did the Honaker boys leave Phelps, by choice or pursuaded.
I'm sure that recruiting doesn't happen. IF it did the KHSAA would be all over it 8)

And as for the twins. I think that was probably an easy decision for their career. They could stay at Phelps and play for a generally down team or move a couple of miles and play for a traditionally rich program and get noticed more. Just because a person transfers to a better program doesn't mean they were recruited.
PHSFAN Wrote:Contry Boy here. I wear blue jeans and sweatshits.... Idea BTW, thanks for calling me a kid makes me feel young again.
Amen to that! People can say all they want about Pikeville being preppy or "what have ya" (Coach Howard)....but nothing beats jeans and sweats!
PHSFAN Wrote:Contry Boy here. I wear blue jeans and sweatshits.... Idea BTW, thanks for calling me a kid makes me feel young again.

Thats what I like to hear.