Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County Pirates 08-09
Christian doesnt know his butt from a hole in the ground.. he should have been taking notes from Kinser last year, but he was to caught up in himself and trying to be the one man wrecking crew. Powell will be just fine with out him... maybe some of the drama in the locker room will be gone as well.
Hey Delbert dumb butt PMS2006. Sounds like to me that you could be a little jealous or something. What happened did he take your spot on the team or are you just mad because he want be there to lead the team this year. Sorry about your luck hater. As far as the drama is concerned your DRAMA QUEENS are still there. Oh by the way Igot a kick out of your name PMS lol!!!!!!! Shutup the belly aching because I'd say you could'nt come even come close to even tying his shoe's. Knowing that it makes your uneducated remarks show your I.Q level. Christian is better off where he's at anyways. Away from retards that want's to run there mouth's and down someone. :moon:
1st of all its PHS ... second i dont do boys basketball, dont have the right" genetic parts" to make that team. jealous i am not. he will never fill Kinsers Shoes whether he is at GRC or Eastern State for that matter. and the drama... he had a lot to do with it. i have the inside scoop. and ya know what i come way closer to tying my own shoes than he can do for him self, he cant even call plays on a spur of the moment he always looked to coach what do i do , what do i do now.. and had the ball stripped from him more than a few times, and , mr.ohh im gonna take it to the hole 1 on 4 while there are 4 of my team mates wide open, give me a break. the pirates will be just fine with out him. and as for you "daddy" to "baller20" i hope you can keep your temper a little better when it comes to christian riding the bench at grc. better than you did when the other pirates stepped in to clean up his mess many of times.
and please remove that smiley face showing his bit butt... oh wait that what you did all last season right?
You guys don't need to be hating on anybody. Christian made a move with his family that they thought would be good for everyone and in the end will be. Let the season play out and THEN, lets see who comes out in the good.
There you go agian saying crap about something you abviously don't have a clue of what your talking about. Get your facts straight and find another '' INSIDE SCOPE '' lol... As for the daddy comment i'm not even from Powell Co. again get your facts straight. I alone with a lot of other people have problems with people like you that get on here and bash players. Your a joke. This thread was about how they would do this year with a new coach and Christian transfering not about your personnal problems towards Christian. If you can't say anything good don't say anything at all.
Well said UK Lover!
Christian was a good athlete but powell county will be fine without him. IMO he will not be as good as kinser unless he works his butt off to grow the potential that kinser had. I wish him the best at GRC.
actually this thread is about PIRATES 08-09 nopt about christian transferring its about the PIRATE team of 08-09 which he is not a part of so we are both wrong on that subject. and second i just dont agree with people gettin on here and making people out to be so high and mighty, and great at things when they are not. they may be a decent shooter but you cant play 1 on 5 like he and many other people do.. how can you honestly tell me he is a team player when he took it to the hole 1 on 4 at least 10 timess every game. that is why i have a problem with it. if it aint about him then he aint trying. and this thread is about the pirates not people getting on here making him out to be some kind of key player.
end of story.
Your the one who made this about Christian and your personnal views about him hater. And I don't ever recall saying anything about him being better than Kinser. How dare you try to create something thats not there. They are friends and i'm sure they would like to keep it that way.:mad:
They were going to struggle with or without Brewer, coach HAll has his hands full. MAjor rebuild in progress.
Who does Powell have in order of young big men, i saw a big kid play for Powell in a freshman game last year at Knott. I believe he was Fraley or something. He looked strong in the post and appeared to run the floor well, overall looked pretty good.

Anybody know the scoop on that kid?
DADDY BALLER 20 Wrote:Your the one who made this about Christian and your personnal views about him hater. And I don't ever recall saying anything about him being better than Kinser. How dare you try to create something thats not there. They are friends and i'm sure they would like to keep it that way.:mad:

hmm, any relation to christian?
Hmmm!!! don't think so stroked. Besides you should'nt try to reveal someone's idenity on here anyway. You know better than that. I'm not even from Powell Co.. So try again!:confused:
DADDY BALLER 20 Wrote:Hmmm!!! don't think so stroked. Besides you should'nt try to reveal someone's idenity on here anyway. You know better than that. I'm not even from Powell Co.. So try again!:confused:
Christian was a nice player that would have competed for a starting job at many 14th regions schools. I wish him luck in winning a shot at GRC
Powell is going to have to work really hard this preseason at getting stronger and quicker. It looks like they will be depending on Sr. David Hawkins, Sr. David Crowe, Soph. Carlisle Creech, Soph. Morgan Reed and Jr. Will Arvin to take a big part of the load this year. They will be young and a little inexperienced. As for big man play, Will Arvin is really all they have unless some other guys come out. I had heard the Conley kid may be coming out but not sure about that. He would be a big help down low. If this team can keep their heads up and get along, then I think they can accomplish some nice things this year, if not it could be a long season for the Pirates.
UKLover Wrote:Powell is going to have to work really hard this preseason at getting stronger and quicker. It looks like they will be depending on Sr. David Hawkins, Sr. David Crowe, Soph. Carlisle Creech, Soph. Morgan Reed and Jr. Will Arvin to take a big part of the load this year. They will be young and a little inexperienced. As for big man play, Will Arvin is really all they have unless some other guys come out. I had heard the Conley kid may be coming out but not sure about that. He would be a big help down low. If this team can keep their heads up and get along, then I think they can accomplish some nice things this year, if not it could be a long season for the Pirates.

IMO Rice is better then arvin. He hustles way more. If a player doesnt hustle then they arent worth crap in my book!!!
Billy Rice will be key this year and I think Arvin could be one of the top big men in the 14th Region if he want'ed to be. He's big and strong and could own the paint if he'd just learn to use the tools. Tyler Perkins if he plays will make things interesting alone with Conley if he plays. If every one can work together as a team they should do better than expected this year.
sounds like the big men are all set if everything plays out, enough guys to rest and play a lot of minutes throughout the season, thats always tough for any team. but the guards, im still worried about them. hawkins and crowe can play, if they want too. creech and reed, maybe too young and inexperienced. with a little help and encouragement, powell will be in the top 10 or even 5 in the 14th all year, if they dont want to play, then guys, its going to be a long season. best of luck, be nice to hear great things again about powell basketball.
PHS2006 Wrote:end of story.

Powell Stinks.End of story.:igiveup:
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Powell Stinks.End of story.:igiveup:

And what is your problem with powell mr breathitt bobcat? If you wanna talk bad about powell county then dont even get on a thread that has powell county involved. Your probally just a young kid that dont even play the sport. SO STAY OUT OF THE THREAD!!!
I have never seen the Perkins kid play, but he does have some size and a good strong body, so he would be some great help inside if he can play. Billy Rice is a good player, but must be more aggresive inside if he wants to be a factor in the games.
All Billy Rice can do is dunk really good. Good Athlete. But imo he needs to leave basketball alone and focus on football. At 6'4 210 lbs this kid is going to go on to college and play football. There is no need to ruin this oppurtunity by taking a chance on getting hurt in basketball. Dont be surprised if he isnt on the roster this year.
walkon20 Wrote:All Billy Rice can do is dunk really good. Good Athlete. But imo he needs to leave basketball alone and focus on football. At 6'4 210 lbs this kid is going to go on to college and play football. There is no need to ruin this oppurtunity by taking a chance on getting hurt in basketball. Dont be surprised if he isnt on the roster this year.

Billy Rice will be on the basketball court this year. I agree he is better at football but he likes basketball alot and will be playing this year without a doubt!
Godspeed Wrote:Ok. In my honest opinion. I think alot of their talent will be from the upcoming freshmen next year. Alot of them played up last year as 8th graders. Goodwin is about 6'3 and can almost dunk it cleanly. That's pretty good. I see good things in the future.

Goodwin says hes not playin this year
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Billy Rice will be on the basketball court this year. I agree he is better at football but he likes basketball alot and will be playing this year without a doubt!

John Flinchum may come out this year.
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:John Flinchum may come out this year.

Thats good. Dont see him getting much varsity playing time tho.
Baseballer Wrote:Goodwin says hes not playin this year

From what I've heard, he will be playing.
i heard good things about the freshman class coming in for PCHS this year... i dont play ball but ive heard from people that the freshman are supposed to be solid and that a few may make varsity? I doubt that many will but does anyone know anything about this?