Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 75 Pikeville 55
Larry Legend Wrote:As far as this game goes, I think Pikeville is slowly falling out of regional title contention...
You are probably right...doub't if they can win it but I bet I know two teams that wear royal blue uniforms that would rather face anyone else in the post season instead of them. They are very capable of beating either team on a given night.
Larry Legend Wrote:I think you are trying to talk Paintsville to Rupp... The real difference is Valley has proved what they can do in the regional tournament and these Paintsville seniors have yet to see Rupp arena from floor level. On an off night pretty sure that Paintsville and Pikeville were tied at the end of regulation. Wink
I am glad you have confidence in your team, but remember SV beat Pikeville 24 at Pikeville when they still had Gatlin.

doesn't really matter paintsville found a way to win that game, and thats what they've been doing all year, they find a way to win and thats what its all about...

but you know we've have this argument before and its the same ol thing every time so just drop it because your gonna keep saying the same thing and im gonna keep saying the same thing at the end we both are still going to have different opinions...
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:If you want to bring SV in the picture, SV beat Lawrence by 25, and Painstville only beat them by 10. And SV could have won by more.

Most really don't want to bring sv into the picture. This has nothing to do with valley except for the fact that their entire coaching staff and the entire Braynt clan were in attendance to scout Paintsville and over look Pikeville...... again.
Nothing is definite come March!! Paintsville and SV are the frontrunners for sure. And I'll take the Tigers and I hope they go to Rupp, but anyone can get hot and catch a team on an off night. Pikeville has proven this once in a tourney this year and other teams such as AC could do the same. If the Tigers want to go to Rupp, they have to meet their opponent every night and play good enough to win, whether it be SV or whoever. Same goes for SV. What else can you say?? The regional isn't a best of 7 series. You drop the ball one time and your gone!
Larry Legend Wrote:I think you are trying to talk Paintsville to Rupp... The real difference is Valley has proved what they can do in the regional tournament and these Paintsville seniors have yet to see Rupp arena from floor level. On an off night pretty sure that Paintsville and Pikeville were tied at the end of regulation. Wink
I am glad you have confidence in your team, but remember SV beat Pikeville 24 at Pikeville when they still had Gatlin.

Hey Larry- If I conclude my opinion based on ANY of your comments then I should say that Shelby Valley is the number 1 team in the region, right? Well they ain't. They are a great team and they have some aboslutely great players but after seeing the expression on Coach Booher's face tonight, I assure you he knows their is competetion coming to the regional tournament this year.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. If Shelby Valley beats Paintsville I will say it shouldn't be suprising, based on your calcualtions..because they're SUPERIOR to this measley, little region.....right?
If Paintsville wins then by god Gene Hackman himself will be playing Coach Runyon in the sequel to Hoosiers.....fair enough?
Watchful Eye Wrote:Hey Larry- If I conclude my opinion based on ANY of your comments then I should say that Shelby Valley is the number 1 team in the region, right? Well they ain't. They are a great team and they have some aboslutely great players but after seeing the expression on Coach Booher's face tonight, I assure you he knows their is competetion coming to the regional tournament this year.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. If Shelby Valley beats Paintsville I will say it shouldn't be suprising, based on your calcualtions..because they're SUPERIOR to this measley, little region.....right?
If Paintsville wins then by god Gene Hackman himself will be playing Coach Runyon in the sequel to Hoosiers.....fair enough?

hahahaha thats great!!!! there is a tad bit of a complex with superiorority isnt there
OMG Wrote:hahahaha thats great!!!! there is a tad bit of a complex with superiorority isnt there

Maybe more than a tad! lol
1977 Wrote:Most really don't want to bring sv into the picture. This has nothing to do with valley except for the fact that their entire coaching staff and the entire Braynt clan were in attendance to scout Paintsville and over look Pikeville...... again.

Or maybe they just like to watch basketball and that was a high profile game in the region. I almost went just in case Billy G really showed up. The best game in the area though was Pikeville College and Georgetown.
Larry Legend Wrote:Or maybe they just like to watch basketball and that was a high profile game in the region. I almost went just in case Billy G really showed up. The best game in the area though was Pikeville College and Georgetown.

you seriously cant honestly think they were only there to watch a good high school game? thats the craziest thing ive ever heard...they were there to watch a preview of what they'll be watching down at rupp next month..lol..

hopefully if they know what their doing they were to scout and hopefully try to figure out a way to slow down the tigers high profile offense
Watchful Eye Wrote:Hey Larry- If I conclude my opinion based on ANY of your comments then I should say that Shelby Valley is the number 1 team in the region, right? Well they ain't. They are a great team and they have some aboslutely great players but after seeing the expression on Coach Booher's face tonight, I assure you he knows their is competetion coming to the regional tournament this year.

Thats fair enough I suppose. What bothers me is the way some Paintsville fans are calling "best team ever" after they beat Prestonsburg by 14. Fact SV and Paintsville are very evenly matched. Of course I think SV is better, what kind of fan doesn't think they're team is the best? I don't fault you for thinking Paintsville is better, thats fine, but I would be glad to give Paintsville all kinds of credit if everyone from Paintsville did anything other than dog the Wildcats.

1a. Paintsville
1b. Shelby Valley
3-19. everyone else

Thats the way I really see it.
OMG Wrote:you seriously cant honestly think they were only there to watch a good high school game? thats the craziest thing ive ever heard...they were there to watch a preview of what they'll be watching down at rupp next month..lol..

hopefully if they know what their doing they were to scout and hopefully try to figure out a way to slow down the tigers high profile offense

I go watch different teams across the region because I enjoy watching the game. Not because I am scared of anyone else...
Larry Legend Wrote:Thats fair enough I suppose. What bothers me is the way some Paintsville fans are calling "best team ever" after they beat Prestonsburg by 14. Fact SV and Paintsville are very evenly matched. Of course I think SV is better, what kind of fan doesn't think they're team is the best? I don't fault you for thinking Paintsville is better, thats fine, but I would be glad to give Paintsville all kinds of credit if everyone from Paintsville did anything other than dog the Wildcats.

1a. Paintsville
1b. Shelby Valley
3-19. everyone else

3-19? how many teams u think this region has?
Watchful Eye Wrote:If Paintsville wins then by god Gene Hackman himself will be playing Coach Runyon in the sequel to Hoosiers.....fair enough?

Smile Smile Classic
Larry Legend Wrote:Thats fair enough I suppose. What bothers me is the way some Paintsville fans are calling "best team ever" after they beat Prestonsburg by 14. Fact SV and Paintsville are very evenly matched. Of course I think SV is better, what kind of fan doesn't think they're team is the best? I don't fault you for thinking Paintsville is better, thats fine, but I would be glad to give Paintsville all kinds of credit if everyone from Paintsville did anything other than dog the Wildcats.

1a. Paintsville
1b. Shelby Valley
3-19. everyone else

thats great and all but no one ever said anything about the "best team ever" i really think you just made that up...
uhavenoidea Wrote:3-19? how many teams u think this region has?

I just made up a number, I didn't feel like looking.
This thread is about Paintsville & Pikeville, not any other team!

So keep it on-topic!

1a. Paintsville
1b. Shelby Valley
3-19. everyone else

Larry-I appreciate your honesty. Your about the only person on here that hasn't fired back something completely off topic or just plane negative about the opponents team. I really appreciate that. I believe we have alot in common. I'd say that you have watched the young men from Shelby Valley grow up, as I have the seniors at Paintsville. I'd also say that you feel it an honor for small schools in Eastern KY to compete against the Central and Western KY teams that are supposed to "mop" the floor with us.
I'll make you a deal, whether it Paintsville or Shelby Valley, I'll wear my blue and white for a team other that Kentucky at Rupp in March, in true support of Eastern KY.
How 'bout that?
Congrats Tigers. If it comes down to Valley and the Tigers IMO the Tigers are gonna be too much for them. I personally don't think Valley is gonna be in the position though, JMO.
Watchful Eye Wrote:Larry-I appreciate your honesty. Your about the only person on here that hasn't fired back something completely off topic or just plaine negative about the opponets team. I reall appreciate that. I believe we have alot in common. I'd say that you have watched the young men from Shelby Valley grow up, as I have the senior at Paintsville. I'd also say that you feel it an honor for small schools in Eastern KY to compete against the Central and Western KY teams that are supposed to "mop" the floor with us.
I'll make you a deal, whether it Paintsville or Shelby Valley, I'll wear my blue and white for a team other that Kentucky at Rupp in March, in true support of Eastern KY.
How 'bout that?

Absolutely agreed. I hate arguing about this stupid stuff. It just makes you mad when you see negativity towards your schools team. Both are fine teams and either would make an awesome representative not only for the 15th region, but also for the entire mountains. IMO these 2 teams are the best eastern Kentucky has to offer. Go 15th region! No matter who that may be.
OMG Wrote:you seriously cant honestly think they were only there to watch a good high school game? thats the craziest thing ive ever heard...they were there to watch a preview of what they'll be watching down at rupp next month..lol..

I guess I'll throw my .02 in to get this thread even more off topic. Valley's coaches definitely know what they're doing. All this Paintsville/SV hype is just that until they actually meet. Personally, I think they are very evenly matched as Larry said, with either team winning on a given night (if they get the chance). Also, the odds probably are with Paintsville since Valley has dominated the regional games in recent years.

Anyway, congrats Paintsville on the win.

Sorry, Blackcat_student. I must have been in the middle of typing this when you posted.
Valley can win between the two, so can Paintsville. 10 games in a row, I give the edge to Valley because they've been to the big stage before, they'd find a way to get around what Paintsville can do, and they have more depth. It's been said before, Paintsville's first bench player is a HUGE drop off from their starters.
Actually after their 6th man you get the big drop off.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:I guess I'll throw my .02 in to get this thread even more off topic. Valley's coaches definitely know what they're doing. All this Paintsville/SV hype is just that until they actually meet. Personally, I think they are very evenly matched as Larry said, with either team winning on a given night (if they get the chance). Also, the odds probably are with Paintsville since Valley has dominated the regional games in recent years.

Anyway, congrats Paintsville on the win.

Sorry, Blackcat_student. I must have been in the middle of typing this when you posted.

I understand.
Actually, this was a good game to watch. Even though Paintsville was farred up bein senior night and all. Pikeville withstood an early barrage of scoring and scratched and blocked their way back, not once but about 3 times. Paintsville was just too unselfish tonight for them to lose to anyone.
Dev had a good game at least 10 blocks! but man...every time he touched the ball the Tigers swarmed him. Of all the blocks in this game, the one that Blake had coming from behind Clevenger to smack it off the backboard was sweet!
Everyone for Paintsville had at least one really nice assist as well.
Gatlin was surely missed as it seemed Pikeville had nothing come off the bench.
Congrats Tigers and thanks for the memories!
Keep your heads up Panthers as I know you will.
fairplayer Wrote:I doubt very seriously that happened. If it did I wouldn't say much to his dad anyway, he is just as big as Devon and parents are protective of their kids. Now if there was any yelling going on it was at a certain referee that needs to find a different job. I don't know how he keeps ending up at all of the Pikeville games that I have been to on that end of the spectrum, but he is not a very qualified person.
It happened.

The guy was yellin at the refs for not callin any elbows. They called a foul on J.D. after Adams landed one on him. When he was shootin his free throws a guy was yellin, "throw your elbows now, throw your elbows no" and Adams air balled the free throw. At halftime his parents walked up there and said somethin to him about it.
PhiSlamaJama#12 Wrote:I think it is so funny how you can take a thread that has nothing to do with SV and bring them in it. Is it because Shelby Valley is a threat to Painstville's run to rupp???

I doubt it, this is about the Paintsville/Pikeville game tonight...everyone please try to stay on topic. If you want to talk about that match-up, which is in a bunch of threads, start a seperate one. Congrats to the Tiger Seniors and BMR on a job well done.
Posts between members need to be taken too private messages... If anyone continues to argue in public forums then your post will be deleted and you could possibly receive an infraction.

So please try and keep your cool.
blackcat_student Wrote:Posts between members need to be taken too private messages... If anyone continues to argue in public forums then your post will be deleted and you could possibly receive an infraction.

So please try and keep your cool.
Yeah, really....I thought we were gonna have to quit drinkin outta bottles an go to cans in case they start throwin stuff at each other!
The Guru Wrote:Yeah, really....I thought we were gonna have to quit drinkin outta bottles an go to cans in case they start throwin stuff at each other!

Smile Good one Ru...
The Guru Wrote:Yeah, really....I thought we were gonna have to quit drinkin outta bottles an go to cans in case they start throwin stuff at each other!
Smile