Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne Bobcats '08
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:LeftBeaverAAU, I think you need to know something about football before you post. First of all I didnt mention Casey Tackett, I mention Casey Adkins. Second of all South Floyd, the team you claim you know may have their half back, but they lost all of their lineman not to mention Derek Triplett. So please aau understand the sport or the topic before you post, it just makes you look stupid. Also remember this topic is about Betsy Layne not South Floyd. They have their own thread.

Dont be a hater!!!

BL did lose their two best players this year. It will be a hard season for them. But if they play together, I think they can muster up tp 4 wins. And you do prove a good point about SF losing their line.
guys, lets give these bobcats a break. This will be the coaching staffs second year. They will be busy everyweek with passing league up until dead period. Lets understand this, it takes time to build a program, and the coaching will have time but it has to be supported not only by community but people throughout the region.
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:guys, lets give these bobcats a break. This will be the coaching staffs second year. They will be busy everyweek with passing league up until dead period. Lets understand this, it takes time to build a program, and the coaching will have time but it has to be supported not only by community but people throughout the region.

The Bobcats shouldnt be saying there gonna be good and gonna beat teams they havent in over 10 years...And, yes it does take time to build a program, but BL hasn't had a winning season in over 10 years, don't you think the program should be built or at least have a good start by now...Just an observation, by reading over threads and other posts...Good Luck next season and in the future BL...
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:guys, lets give these bobcats a break. This will be the coaching staffs second year. They will be busy everyweek with passing league up until dead period. Lets understand this, it takes time to build a program, and the coaching will have time but it has to be supported not only by community but people throughout the region.

Honestly, I don't think people are trying to break on BL. They are just stating their opinions. Now I do hope BL can do some good things. Best of luck to on their season!!
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:So lets hear it, how do you think the bobcats will do in 08. The have been lifting since December with 25 kids. Whats everyones thoughts???

OK you asked what we thougt about BL next yr, we told you, now prove us wrong and move on. Its time to close.
I dont think it is time to close, passing league games are coming up. I think the bobcats got one over at south floyd
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:I dont think it is time to close, passing league games are coming up. I think the bobcats got one over at south floyd
Comments like this is why they are breaking on BL. If you don't want them flaming BL, then don't ask for it.
Betsy Lane will not win a game next year. Mark my words!!!!!!!!!!
Why do you think so? Just curious.
phelps will beet betsy layne this year..
bobcatfan22, I hope your go to another school, you will never be the guy 22 is.

Timmy81 you should have an IQ to come on here. Beat not BEET.

And I think you wrong. But good luck though!!!
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:bobcatfan22, I hope your go to another school, you will never be the guy 22 is.

Timmy81 you should have an IQ to come on here. Beat not BEET.

And I think you wrong. But good luck though!!!

When BL wins some games, then that is the time to do some trash talking. Until then, don't do it.
Betsy Layne is a good team but I think Phelps will be better this year.
Who does BL have to step up and replace the backfield that was lost to graduation?
They do have some seniors coming out that will help out the team. Coach Parsons, went to the local grade schools and has some good numbers sign up. Betsy Layne will try to compete in every game, I would like to see them do good, time will only tell. I do agree that they do need to put up or shut up. I just hope they back me when I talk. As for other schools, I wish them the best until they play the bobcats.
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:They do have some seniors coming out that will help out the team. Coach Parsons, went to the local grade schools and has some good numbers sign up. Betsy Layne will try to compete in every game, I would like to see them do good, time will only tell. I do agree that they do need to put up or shut up. I just hope they back me when I talk. As for other schools, I wish them the best until they play the bobcats.

Now thats the attitude!! I respect what you are saying!!:thumpsup: :thumpsup: And best of luck to BL n the upcoming season!! I hope you all do great!!
IMO the BOBCATS will have a great season this year.....yeah they have lost a couple seniors that will be hard to replace but from what i hear the team is workin hard and have a few players that are working exceptionally hard to fill those shoes.....so i wouldnt count them out yet...good luck bobcats!!!
The bobcats played south floyd in some passing league on thursday. The bobcats scored 8 times to the raiders 2 times. The two times was on the 2nd string defense. Bobcats keeping looking up.
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:The bobcats played south floyd in some passing league on thursday. The bobcats scored 8 times to the raiders 2 times. The two times was on the 2nd string defense. Bobcats keeping looking up.

ok this true BUT why dont you tell everyone that south floyd only had 10 players show up...and Bl had there entire team
BL didnt have their entire team. They were missing 7 players. Sorry but your wrong.

And South Floyd barely scored at all.
We don't care about the passing league game between SF and BL. Its over now. Take your bickering to private. Back to the thread: What are some of the names or jersey# of the impact players for Betsy Layne? Who's gonna be the guys getting the big game-changing tackles/catches/runs/passes if any?
Betsy Layne doesnt talk about individual players on the team. They will win as a team and share the glory. (one of the coaches said that)

buy in my opinion if the boys work hard, wins will come.
From what I've heard they finally have a coach that really cares for the program, the Bobcats may win 1 or 2 games this season but that isn't such a bad thing when your trying to build a program because Rome wasn't built in one day, so the Betsy Layne program is going to take some time but if they can get a year round weight lifting program going and get a lot of these kids off there butts and onto the football field over the next few years then they'll start winning games.

Best of luck to the Bobcats in '08!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:From what I've heard they finally have a coach that really cares for the program, the Bobcats may win 1 or 2 games this season but that isn't such a bad thing when your trying to build a program because Rome wasn't built in one day, so the Betsy Layne program is going to take some time but if they can get a year round weight lifting program going and get a lot of these kids off there butts and onto the football field over the next few years then they'll start winning games.

Best of luck to the Bobcats in '08!

That's the key. If they can get the numbers out, to give some of the boys breaks then the wins will come. So they don't play offense and defense, never getting a breather. That's rough on any young man.
I love the positive comments.

BlackcatAlum, they have been lifting since nov. 1st three days a week. They also had a productive two weeks of spring ball. They have two passing league games this week. One at Allen Central and the other is Shelby Valley. Come and check them out.
What are the dates on these games? times?
i think they have one tuesday at ac and one friday at shelby valley not sure on times
[QUOTE=betsylayne fanatic
And South Floyd barely scored at all.

LOL .. wow..i must have been at a different passing game.
Three whole pages on Betsy Lane. Wow I never thought I'd see the day. BL will be able to compete in their district and might push for the 4 spot in the playoffs, but the gap between Pikeville & BL is about as comparable to Belfry and East Ridge. BL is awful. They have no support from the administration or from the community. They are stuck between 2 big time football schools (Pikeville & P'burg) who beat up on them at will.
I wish the Betsy Lane players, coaching staff, and community all the luck in the world. They are going to need it.
Not everything is gauranteed. Who knows? BL could surprise everyone and win games this year. Its all about heart and how much they work.