Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
9.38%
Corbin
90.63%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central @ Corbin 9/29
Corbin Wins 49-12.. ( 49-0 but once JV goes in JC scores a couple TD’s ).
The kids at JC that would be jrs. Now were awful in middle school I think they were the group that didnt play any play off games and had a lot of turmoil. the last few years they have been more ordinary at those ages. So I would say they are on a down cycle. Matney is hard to replace for sure. But give Peck some time, he has to make things his own and that is hard to do quickly when you follow the guy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • plantmanky
(09-26-2023, 09:36 AM)FCSPY Wrote: The kids at JC that would be jrs. Now were awful in middle school I think they were the group that didnt play any play off games  and had a lot of turmoil. the last few years they have been more ordinary at those ages. So I would say they are on a down cycle. Matney is hard to replace for sure. But give Peck some time, he has to make things his own and that is hard to do quickly when you follow the guy.
From the outside looking in and having no inside knowledge or connection to them. They almost remind me of Belfry. They had the type of kids for the the specific kind of offense they ran for several years. The big strong lineman who would blow you off the ball and get into the secondary, and that complimented their backs. Who were very hard to bring down! and usually had some speed, and at least one very speedy back. When you get those kids year after year and you're really not having to replace kids when they graduate with an offense designed for it, the end result is gonna be success. But like Belfry, when you have a drop off in lineman and good power backs with speed, the offense is going to take a step back. You either adapt to your kids, or settle for what you get. I think if they could throw in 15ish passes a game that'd really open their run game back up. Not like its been in the past decade, they've had some excellent backs and several D1 lineman come through, but enough to give teams fits. Unless you have teams like they had 4 years ago, defenses stack the box, they D is gonna win 9 out of 10 just for the shear fact of numbers. 8 or 9 vs 7.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-26-2023, 10:32 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-26-2023, 09:36 AM)FCSPY Wrote: The kids at JC that would be jrs. Now were awful in middle school I think they were the group that didnt play any play off games  and had a lot of turmoil. the last few years they have been more ordinary at those ages. So I would say they are on a down cycle. Matney is hard to replace for sure. But give Peck some time, he has to make things his own and that is hard to do quickly when you follow the guy.
From the outside looking in and having no inside knowledge or connection to them. They almost remind me of Belfry. They had the type of kids for the the specific kind of offense they ran for several years. The big strong lineman who would blow you off the ball and get into the secondary, and that complimented their backs. Who were very hard to bring down! and usually had some speed, and at least one very speedy back. When you get those kids year after year and you're really not having to replace kids when they graduate with an offense designed for it, the end result is gonna be success. But like Belfry, when you have a drop off in lineman and good power backs with speed, the offense is going to take a step back. You either adapt to your kids, or settle for what you get. I think if they could throw in 15ish passes a game that'd really open their run game back up. Not like its been in the past decade, they've had some excellent backs and several D1 lineman come through, but enough to give teams fits. Unless you have teams like they had 4 years ago, defenses stack the box, they D is gonna win 9 out of 10 just for the shear fact of numbers. 8 or 9 vs 7.
They would have had two of the bigger faster backs they have had this year if McCourt didn’t get injured. Conley and McCourt are both 190 plus pounds. Conley is reported to have ran a 4.5 40 at a combine according to DandD. Music probably sees the field better than both of them. They probably have more weapons to run the ball than they have ever had. Their line is big. So on paper they should be just as good. Stacking the box against a veer with everything being played off the qbs read is not usually a good idea.
As bad as I hate to say it, I'll say it like it is, I sure love to see my Eagles win but they have a tall order ahead of them this week. I just hope nobody from either side gets injured. I'd like to see JC keep it respectable because from what I've been reading and hearing I'm just not sure anyone in the Bluegrass can handle Corbin right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Woodshed's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-26-2023, 11:36 AM)Upnorth Wrote:
They would have had two of the bigger faster backs they have had this year if McCourt didn’t get injured. Conley and McCourt are both 190 plus pounds. Conley is reported to have ran a 4.5 40 at a combine according to DandD. Music probably sees the field better than both of them. They probably have more weapons to run the ball than they have ever had. Their line is big. So on paper they should be just as good. Stacking the box against a veer with everything being played off the qbs read is not usually a good idea.
I worked out pretty good for corbin last year. not trying to be a smart@ss either. Two years ago they ran 5-2 and got run all over. last year they packed it in more and held them pretty decently. And our defense this year is head and shoulders better than last years. Now if they run it right will be TBD. Yea on paper and tape they look pretty big. But a lot of people have big lines. Its another thing to have the best Oline in the state and a few more that could play at the next level like they have had in the past. Losing just one RB in that system hurts, much less 2. So I feel for them. But its the next man up. I honestly hope they give us a good game! Does no one any good for a non district running clock game. I've not paid much attention to their D. Is it pretty good? avg? I know they kind of run a hybrid 5-2 where one of DE's/Rover? whatever you call them splits out in coverage. Having 2 over the top will obviously help with Corbins passing game and they've typically been strong in the past against the run..
(09-26-2023, 04:17 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-26-2023, 11:36 AM)Upnorth Wrote:
I worked out pretty good for corbin last year. not trying to be a smart@ss either. Two years ago they ran 5-2 and got run all over. last year they packed it in more and held them pretty decently. And our defense this year is head and shoulders better than last years. Now if they run it right will be TBD. Yea on paper and tape they look pretty big. But a lot of people have big lines. Its another thing to have the best Oline in the state and a few more that could play at the next level like they have had in the past. Losing just one RB in that system hurts, much less 2. So I feel for them. But its the next man up. I honestly hope they give us a good game! Does no one any good for a non district running clock game. I've not paid much attention to their D. Is it pretty good? avg? I know they kind of run a hybrid 5-2 where one of DE's/Rover? whatever you call them splits out in coverage. Having 2 over the top will obviously help with Corbins passing game and they've typically been strong in the past against the run..
It’s not the same offense without coach Matney. They just lost one running back. Everyone else is there. Typically if you jammed everyone up in the line they can  slide those running backs off the big lineman’s veer blocks and get 3-4 yeards a carry. As the game goes it turns into 5-6 yards. Then eventually with everyone up tight a few runs break for long tds. This is not the same system. It appears the same but isn’t. And yes the line is big. But not as fast or strong as usual. Defensive backs are really young and not the type of players jc is use to having that will come up and smack you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Upnorth's post:
  • Hound05
I know who I would like to see win, the team that isn't loaded up with D-1 players but not going to happen. The Hounds will naturally win and probably win big if JC still has some of their key players out. Can't help but pull for the underdog at times. Corbin a lot to JC's best effort I suspect.
(09-26-2023, 07:47 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 08:29 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 08:01 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Best place to eat for a visitor coming?
According to what your taste buds want…
There is a Mexican restaurant Si Senor that a lot of people like within about a mile of Campbell Field.  There is an Applebees, Brooklyn Brothers Pizza, Bubbys Barbecue, and various fast food restaurants off the far exit of I 75.  The Northern exit has David’s Steakhouse, Cracker Barrel, Sonny’s bbq, and my personal favorite (Dougie will also probably agree it’s really good)Smokey Bears BBQ….On Main Street closer to the stadium is The Wrigley, The Depot, Austin City Saloon, Scully’s, on up the road the other direction is Old Town Grill, Mi Casa Mexican, Yamato Japanese ,and a King Buffet (which will send you straight to the concourse and our updated restrooms once you reach the field).  If you have any questions you can PM me and I’ll try and help you any way I can, hope you enjoy our town but leave disappointed…

Smokey Bears has the best barbecue in Corbin. I usually get the Jailbreaker sandwich. Bubby's has good catfish.  David's Steakhouse is usually good. I had ribs and baked potato there yesterday. Wah Weng Garden is another place if you like Chinese. Santa Fe Mexican is pretty good too.
And Bull has the best popcorn…coffee ain’t bad either…

(09-25-2023, 09:54 PM)Waitaminute Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 08:29 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(09-25-2023, 08:01 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: Best place to eat for a visitor coming?
According to what your taste buds want…
There is a Mexican restaurant Si Senor that a lot of people like within about a mile of Campbell Field.  There is an Applebees, Brooklyn Brothers Pizza, Bubbys Barbecue, and various fast food restaurants off the far exit of I 75.  The Northern exit has David’s Steakhouse, Cracker Barrel, Sonny’s bbq, and my personal favorite (Dougie will also probably agree it’s really good)Smokey Bears BBQ….On Main Street closer to the stadium is The Wrigley, The Depot, Austin City Saloon, Scully’s, on up the road the other direction is Old Town Grill, Mi Casa Mexican, Yamato Japanese ,and a King Buffet (which will send you straight to the concourse and our updated restrooms once you reach the field).  If you have any questions you can PM me and I’ll try and help you any way I can, hope you enjoy our town but leave disappointed…

Appreciate the feedback! May have to try Smokey Bears BBQ sounds good
If you like wings try them, they smoke them, Buffacue sauce is absolutely amazing….
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!