Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Thoughts on Corbin Football, 100 year History , 40 year Championship Drought
(08-28-2023, 11:17 PM)ROTC Wrote: Would your average Corbin poster on Bluegrass Rivals put the admin and coaches at their school in a patch of them?

That and the mystery of the naked commodes are what I care about in this thread!!!

I already know when Corbin will win another state title:

when they DESERVE it and show it by winning their 15th game that year.

Easy Button
ROTC should we make another thread ???? I don’t feel like this is getting the attention it needs .  Not one of the good folks of Corbin have confirmed or denied the existence of the walls … I was driving by the stadium the other day and the doors were open, I almost stopped and peaked in just to find out..
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-28-2023, 05:49 PM)Redhound16 Wrote: I went to Corbin High School and played sports with great athletes. I would like to remind everyone that while Old Hound trashes the program both Jewell and Greer wear rings from 82 State Championship
Greer was  better at baseball. Even parasites can get rings. Hey, even though I see what GOB politics has done to our program(no titles in 40 yrs is inexcusable), and Cox and Greer are certainly front and center of the Haddix mess, I still root for Greer to be successful and win a title. Doubt he is able to do it but I'm rooting for it to happen. I think of Tommy like I do David Bell. They are pretty as head coaches/managers, but I hope their teams can overcome them and win in spite of them. I wouldn't want David Bell to manage my cat's litter box and wouldn't want Tommy coaching my grandma's Knitting and Sewing Club. I'm hoping the Reds and Redhounds win in spite of these losers.

GO REDHOUNDS!!! GO REDLEGS!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-29-2023, 12:53 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(08-28-2023, 05:49 PM)Redhound16 Wrote: I went to Corbin High School and played sports with great athletes. I would like to remind everyone that while Old Hound trashes the program both Jewell and Greer wear rings from 82 State Championship
Greer was  better at baseball. Even parasites can get rings. Hey, even though I see what GOB politics has done to our program(no titles in 40 yrs is inexcusable), and Cox and Greer are certainly front and center of the Haddix mess, I still root for Greer to be successful and win a title. Doubt he is able to do it but I'm rooting for it to happen. I think of Tommy like I do David Bell. They are pretty as head coaches/managers, but I hope their teams can overcome them and win in spite of them. I wouldn't want David Bell to manage my cat's litter box and wouldn't want Tommy coaching my grandma's Knitting and Sewing Club. I'm hoping the Reds and Redhounds win in spite of these losers.

I miss listening to Joe Nuxhall on 700 WLW.
(08-29-2023, 01:16 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 12:53 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I miss listening to Joe Nuxhall on 700 WLW.
I do too, Dougie. There was nothing like listening to the BRM on the radio with Marty and Joe calling the action.

Btw, Redhound fans, what game(s) are most memorable for you?  The 10-9 thriller in '76 at MBoro is right up there. Both the Hounds and Jackets were so good thast year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • pjdoug
This has all happened since Corbin won a state tittle
Whitley baseball won a state championship
Laurel county won 2 woman’s basketball state championship
South Laurel wins a basketball state championship
Laurel county has 2 mr basketballs
Williamsburg wins 13 region championship in basketball ?‍♂️
Middlesboro won football championship
Bell won a football championship

A lot of success all around Corbin, just not a lot of it goes on In Corbin
(08-29-2023, 12:21 AM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(08-28-2023, 11:17 PM)ROTC Wrote: Would your average Corbin poster on Bluegrass Rivals put the admin and coaches at their school in a patch of them?

That and the mystery of the naked commodes are what I care about in this thread!!!

Easy Button
ROTC should we make another thread ???? I don’t feel like this is getting the attention it needs .  Not one of the good folks of Corbin have confirmed or denied the existence of the walls … I was driving by the stadium the other day and the doors were open, I almost stopped and peaked in just to find out..

I guess; if the Rivals’ Nation is correct- this is like everything else in Corbin.  The important questions are always being DODGED!

Is it true that Corbin now hands out Dodge Chargers to recruits?
(08-29-2023, 02:14 AM)ScratchGolf Wrote: This has all happened since Corbin won a state tittle

Whitley County girls basketball won a state championship in 1985.
(08-29-2023, 06:36 AM)ROTC Wrote:

Easy Button

I guess; if the Rivals’ Nation is correct- this is like everything else in Corbin.  The important questions are always being DODGED!

I might join their coaching staff for a Dodge Challenger.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-29-2023, 09:31 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-29-2023, 06:36 AM)ROTC Wrote:

Easy Button

I might join their coaching staff for a Dodge Challenger.

Smile

[Image: https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.2ab73f841193...ImgRaw&r=0]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug
(08-29-2023, 02:14 AM)ScratchGolf Wrote: This has all happened since Corbin won a state tittle

Bell won 2 championships.
I have an ailment that has me feeling down. Some of you pray for me so I'll be able to talk some serious trash Smile
Side not, I feel like I saw somewhere that Corbin Cross Country won a state title recently, maybe that's where all the talent is.
Smile Heard they was good at other sports......

[Image: https://www.bing.com/th/id/OGC.79ec0805a...MrLaR3g%3d]
Can we have some thoughts on the Mike Whitaker era at Corbin?
(08-31-2023, 08:12 AM)ROTC Wrote: Can we have some thoughts on the Mike Whitaker era at Corbin?

Too bad Tim Couch didn't come along with him as a package deal.
I talked to a few of my sources from the program and if Corbin were to win a title this year, it’s already been decided will they will not do a 10 year reunion. Only the 20 year.
According to them flight cost and other things will be to much to fly all there players in from there home states.

(08-31-2023, 09:53 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 08:12 AM)ROTC Wrote: Can we have some thoughts on the Mike Whitaker era at Corbin?

wasn’t that supposed to be the whole reason that Whitaker was hired anyways?
(08-31-2023, 10:10 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: I talked to a few of my sources from the program and if Corbin were to win a title this year, it’s already been decided will they will not do a 10 year reunion. Only the 20 year.
According to them flight cost and other things will be to much to fly all there players in from there home states.

That was the hope among some. Then when it was just Mike , and no Timmy, it was , like, "well, that's a bummer."
Whitaker got the same treatment as Haddix because he was an outsider and you had an insider assistant who wanted the job. I can't fault him for taking that job in Florida but he could've done really well down at Corbin had he stuck around. That 1996 team was as good as any team in the state that year. I really liked him as a coach and thought he was a great guy.

I remember when he was hired, everyone said they would buy the house but he had to bring his own Couch. I think Tim entertained the idea but really didn't need to as he already had the recognition. I can't recall his name but Couch's best receiver transferred to Corbin that following year. Hensley maybe?
(08-31-2023, 10:39 AM)Corbin Wrote: Whitaker got the same treatment as Haddix because he was an outsider and you had an insider assistant who wanted the job. I can't fault him for taking that job in Florida but he could've done really well down at Corbin had he stuck around. That 1996 team was as good as any team in the state that year. I really liked him as a coach and thought he was a great guy.

I remember when he was hired, everyone said they would buy the house but he had to bring his own Couch. I think Tim entertained the idea but really didn't need to as he already had the recognition. I can't recall his name but Couch's best receiver transferred to Corbin that following year. Hensley maybe?

Hensley is correct, I believe. Mike could flat out coach but, as you said, he was an "outlander" and Corbin don't take kindly to outlanders. That '96 team should have been a state champion. Probably internal stuff going on, knowing how things work around here.
The Whitley County FFA Land Judging Team won state championship and placed 6th in the nation.
Was it 2004 when Corbin stole yet another one of my Colonels, A stud RB that carried them? I know there's a lot more Lawson's down here in the hollers than there is in Corbin city limits Smile
(08-31-2023, 11:00 AM)pjdoug Wrote: The Whitley County FFA Land Judging Team won state championship and placed 6th in the nation.

I started to post that yesterday, Dougie. Glad you posted that. Been a great year for Whitley County High School.

(08-31-2023, 11:13 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Was it 2004 when Corbin stole yet another one of my Colonels, A stud RB that carried them? I know there's a lot more Lawson's down here in the hollers than there is in Corbin city limits Smile

Lawson was an absolute stud.
(08-31-2023, 10:10 AM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: I talked to a few of my sources from the program and if Corbin were to win a title this year, it’s already been decided will they will not do a 10 year reunion. Only the 20 year.

This makes sense (concerning the reunion) because the Dodge Chargers will be worn out most likely in ten years, and they couldn’t be expected to drive!
Corbin's history vs. Louisville schools:

Male :  0- 8 ... (Last played in 1962)

ST X  :  1-4 ... (Last play in 1957)

Manuel :  3-5 ... (Last played in 1960)

Central :  2-3

Shawnee:  1-1

Desales:  2-1

Waggener: 1-0

Moore:  1-0

Western :  1-0
Whitaker MADE TIM COUCH! He was an innovator and opened up Eastern Ky football to a modern passing attack. Any other coach at Leslie back then and Tim would have been running the belly and throwing bootlegs and belly throwbacks 5-6 times a game.
(08-31-2023, 08:05 PM)ROTC Wrote: Whitaker MADE TIM COUCH!  He was an innovator and opened up Eastern Ky football to a modern passing attack.  Any other coach at Leslie back then and Tim would have been running the belly and throwing bootlegs and belly throwbacks 5-6 times a game.

He was a good coach, but he didn't make Tim Couch play like an NFL quarterback or score 35 points a game in basketball. He was just a special athlete to begin with.
Very very true! My point was just that Whitaker knew what to do with him. I saw Tim play in high school and told a buddy he would go pro. My friend laughed and said-“he is good for around here, but no!”

I had a blind side kill shot on big brother Greg once. I’m thinking-“I’m gonna light this big EKU commit up!”

I hit him with everything I had, slid down his trunk, and wollered him to the ground around his ankles. ????
(08-31-2023, 08:37 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 08:05 PM)ROTC Wrote: Whitaker MADE TIM COUCH!  He was an innovator and opened up Eastern Ky football to a modern passing attack.  Any other coach at Leslie back then and Tim would have been running the belly and throwing bootlegs and belly throwbacks 5-6 times a game.

He was a good coach, but he didn't make Tim Couch play like an NFL quarterback or score 35 points a game in basketball. He was just a special athlete to begin with.

Tim was one of those generational talents we sometimes speak about.  He took it to another level. He would have been special  no matter who the coach but, boy, did Whitaker and Mumme ever suit him.
(08-31-2023, 11:42 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(08-31-2023, 08:37 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Tim was one of those generational talents we sometimes speak about.  He took it to another level. He would have been special  no matter who the coach but, boy, did Whitaker and Mumme ever suit him.

That's for sure, and I loved their play calling. I remember my Colonels putting some hard hits on Tim Couch and it was like it only made him mad and caused him to play better. He's the best  high school QB I've ever watched play.
(08-31-2023, 08:46 PM)ROTC Wrote: Very very true!  My point was just that Whitaker knew what to do with him.  I saw Tim play in high school and told a buddy he would go pro.  My friend laughed and said-“he is good for around here, but no!”

I had a blind side kill shot on big brother Greg once.  I’m thinking-“I’m gonna light this big EKU commit up!”

I hit him with everything I had, slid down his trunk, and wollered  him to the ground around his ankles.  ????

He must have been tough like little brother.  I've seen some good QB's from around here, but it was special to get to stand on the sidelines in little ole Hyden, KY and witness  such a great player.