Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
#3 (4A) Franklin County @ #4 (4A) Corbin 9/03
(09-01-2021, 11:14 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: There is a new bully in Franklin Co 4A, well at least the next couple of years till everything are realigned again, and they might drop or move up in 2023.

Definitely True. James has done a awesome job. Franklin is tuff.
Go Franklin!!
PJ Doug, I thought of you today. We ate City Barbecue again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • pjdoug
(09-01-2021, 01:18 PM)HOFER Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 06:27 PM)FallRock Wrote: Corbin by 10 . Greer is the best coach they've had their in a long time. Especially in big time games.
 I like Greer but Justin Haddix is top 3 head coach in the state.
I agree that he is a top coach, top 3… I don’t know. Probably close. 

but it’s funny. 2 years ago at Corbin, the opinions weren’t the same. It was “ oh he’s good, but he’s not in the elite status yet”
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • 64SUR, TD Hounds
I'm going with Franklin County by two TDs
(09-01-2021, 03:20 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 06:27 PM)FallRock Wrote: Corbin by 10 . Greer is the best coach they've had their in a long time. Especially in big time games.

but it’s funny. 2 years ago at Corbin, the opinions weren’t the same. It was “ oh he’s good, but he’s not in the elite status yet”
The people saying that were complete morons. But so goes it at Corbin. He wasn't a Corbin good ole boy so we let him go. And thats coming from someone born and raised in Corbin. Imagine what kind of offense he would put together with the athletes we have this year.
[-] The following 2 users Like HOFER's post:
  • Hound05, TD Hounds
I agree that Haddix got the Coach Whitaker treatment. Had success but wasn’t one of the good ol boys who sit over in the tent. I like Tommy but I do not like how Corbin is in their own little bubble and feel that any coach who doesn’t bow to the varsity club can stick around.
[-] The following 2 users Like Corbin's post:
  • 64SUR, TD Hounds
(09-01-2021, 04:07 PM)HOFER Wrote:

The people saying that were complete morons. But so goes it at Corbin. He wasn't a Corbin good ole boy so we let him go. And thats coming from someone born and raised in Corbin. Imagine what kind of offense he would put together with the athletes we have this year.

The collective group that either forced him out or let him go sure shit the bed, I’ve heard the rumors too but they’d never admit it.  I’ve often thought the same thing about our offense especially after the first game this year.  Everyone is gonna have differing opinions on his ranking as far as state wide but it don’t matter cause we had a hell of a young coach who’s not even in the prime of his career and didn’t do a whole lot it seems to make sure we kept him.  All that said I’m pleased with all the current coaching staff except one and I think that’s probably the general consensus with everyone who loves the program as I do.
(09-01-2021, 04:56 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

The collective group that either forced him out or let him go sure shit the bed, I’ve heard the rumors too but they’d never admit it.  I’ve often thought the same thing about our offense especially after the first game this year.  Everyone is gonna have differing opinions on his ranking as far as state wide but it don’t matter cause we had a hell of a young coach who’s not even in the prime of his career and didn’t do a whole lot it seems to make sure we kept him.  All that said I’m pleased with all the current coaching staff except one and I think that’s probably the general consensus with everyone who loves the program as I do.
Besides the fact that he has an amazing offensive mind he is also a players coach in every sense of the word. The kids he coaches love playing for him. Having kids that want to play their heart out for you goes a long way.
[-] The following 2 users Like HOFER's post:
  • 64SUR, TD Hounds
Franklin County posters being awful quiet!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!

It makes me sad just thinking about how nasty he could have had us
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • HOFER
(09-01-2021, 06:49 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 12:43 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 04:04 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 10:54 AM)DarthVader Wrote: This one should be a great game, the Flyers have been good but does Franklin have the top tier level athletes that Corbin has? With the amount of college level talent on the field for the Redhounds, would it be considered an upset if Franklin pulls out the win? This should be a dandy of a game and good luck to both teams.
Running Back has been offered by Wisconsin and only a Junior best RB I have seen in Kentucky in a while, as good as there offense is, I think there defense is better. Corbin has grass I think, that might slow there speed down some. Yes should be a good one.
Corbin is so deep that they have a star running back playing defense only. lol

Yes they do. He’s another Superman! I saw a game where he single handed stiff armed and rolled defenders out of the way to a victory. I think it was Rockcastle game. He had a Jordan moment, everyone knew who was getting the ball. He flew like a bird into the end zone. Game over. Love to see him taking some handoffs. 

Combs has been my favorite for awhile, I really thought last year would be a breakout year but play calling wasn’t in favor of that. It’s like having Tom Brady at QB but using him to run more than pass. Combs is in beast mode this year. He has nothing to prove. Just open up the offense and let him work.

I think most people don't realize just how deep and talented the Corbin roster is.
(09-01-2021, 07:00 AM)Rock nation Wrote: Corbin defense will shut FC down

Corbin 28
FC 7

I think they'll definitely slow them down.
(09-01-2021, 07:17 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I got to watch game film some yesterday of Franklin’s defense . Love those linebackers how they stuff the run. I don’t think any team will run over top of Franklin I’ll say there run defense is the best in the state and there’s not another even close. I do see a way out. Spread them out.

They play 8 or 9 in the box filling the gaps on the run. That’s why I say spread them out. There linebackers are the heart and sole of there defense. They are well coached. Big.

Corbin has a nasty defense too. I like our defense as a complete unit better. Our run defense is right there too. We just play our linebackers a little different. Franklin smothers the gap. I like our D lineman better. That will be a challenge for Franklin to stop or D lineman. There fast and STRONG. Going to be a fun matchup. I’ll be honest Greer could put a defense if he wanted too on that line and I’ll call it a no fly zone. We just haven’t played them on both sides of the ball.

More to come…..
You read my mind when you said spread them out. Corbin will throw it over the top like they did against Whitley County and open the run up.

bull butter.
(09-01-2021, 02:31 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: PJ Doug, I thought of you today. We ate City Barbecue again.
Have you ever had the Jailbreaker at Smokey Bear's in Corbin?
No, not tried it. I don't get the bun. I just east all the meat but I do add sauce to my meat. Man its good. I got some of there cole slaw today. Ill have to go get me one at Smokey Bears. I was looking at there pictures today and LCA football was on the wall winning in 2009 I think a state championship.
(09-01-2021, 10:28 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: No, not tried it.  I don't get the bun. I just east all the meat but I do add sauce to my meat. Man its good. I got some of there cole slaw today. Ill have to go get me one at Smokey Bears. I was looking at there pictures today and LCA football was on the wall winning in 2009 I think a state championship.

You can get it on fries or without the bun. I can make good barbecue my self, but jailbreaker is one of the best sandwich creations in the country. it has pulled pork, bacon, crispy onion strings , barbecue sauce and ranch dressing.
I will make it a point to get one this weekend while I'm off. Im already hungry thinking about it.

(09-01-2021, 09:24 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(09-01-2021, 07:17 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: I got to watch game film some yesterday of Franklin’s defense . Love those linebackers how they stuff the run. I don’t think any team will run over top of Franklin I’ll say there run defense is the best in the state and there’s not another even close. I do see a way out. Spread them out.

They play 8 or 9 in the box filling the gaps on the run. That’s why I say spread them out. There linebackers are the heart and sole of there defense. They are well coached. Big.

Corbin has a nasty defense too. I like our defense as a complete unit better. Our run defense is right there too. We just play our linebackers a little different. Franklin smothers the gap. I like our D lineman better. That will be a challenge for Franklin to stop or D lineman. There fast and STRONG. Going to be a fun matchup. I’ll be honest Greer could put a defense if he wanted too on that line and I’ll call it a no fly zone. We just haven’t played them on both sides of the ball.

More to come…..

Don’t forget the cutback lanes, that where Kade makes his living.  He is smart and patient runner for Franklin, when he gets defenses overcommitted  he hits the lane at 100mph. Backside must play the back hip, and backers gotta fill.  If he gets through the dl level he can be a wrecking ball in a China cabinet.  I don’t see them beating anyone downfield through the air this year. 
Offensively when they load it up, gotta take shots downfield.  Good post Bull.

Bossdaddy, your right about this post, spot on. I had to quit watching film, pure .................. enough said, Im just going to keep quiet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
Ain’t much to say for us FCHS posters, we only got one D1 kid, most our boys grew up in town here, I’d say we work hard as anyone. Right now we are just blessed to be mentioned as a threat to a great program like Corbin… hopefully our boys can let their pads do the talking Friday…..
(09-01-2021, 11:54 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Ain’t much to say for us FCHS posters, we only got one D1 kid, most our boys grew up in town here, I’d say we work hard as anyone. Right now we are just blessed to be mentioned as a threat to a great program like Corbin… hopefully our boys can let their pads do the talking Friday…..

Your coach definitely has your program where you want it to be. Normally I'd pick your team big, but Corbin is a talented team ,and they have faced and beaten some big time opponents over the years at  Campbell Field when most thought they wouldn't have a chance.
(09-01-2021, 10:38 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I will make it a point to get one this weekend while I'm off. Im already hungry thinking about it.

More to come…..

Don’t forget the cutback lanes, that where Kade makes his living.  He is smart and patient runner for Franklin, when he gets defenses overcommitted  he hits the lane at 100mph. Backside must play the back hip, and backers gotta fill.  If he gets through the dl level he can be a wrecking ball in a China cabinet.  I don’t see them beating anyone downfield through the air this year. 

Bossdaddy, your right about this post, spot on. I had to quit watching film, pure .................. enough said, Im just going to keep quiet.

You'll enjoy it. Corbin has some pretty good places to have supper before the game for you Flyers coming down to Corbin. Let me know if you have any questions. lol
[attachment=218 Wrote:pjdoug pid='2321168' dateline='1630551754']
(09-01-2021, 10:38 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I will make it a point to get one this weekend while I'm off. Im already hungry thinking about it.

More to come…..

You'll enjoy it. Corbin has some pretty good places to have supper before the game for you Flyers coming down to Corbin. Let me know if you have any questions. lol

Thumbnail(s)

[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
[attachment=218 Wrote:pjdoug pid='2321168' dateline='1630551754']

More to come…..

(09-01-2021, 11:54 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Ain’t much to say for us FCHS posters, we only got one D1 kid, most our boys grew up in town here, I’d say we work hard as anyone. Right now we are just blessed to be mentioned as a threat to a great program like Corbin… hopefully our boys can let their pads do the talking Friday…..

A teams success is not measured by the offers, coaching and heart determines the winners. Even though you can’t coach heart or speed, coaching is a big part. You all are a top tier program in 4a, was a fingertip away from a state championship last year. Their isn’t a single person looking past you guys, as it stands this week your the top team in 4a. Safe travels and hope you enjoy our small town, but good town.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!
I don’t doubt our boys… but talking about it just makes the week drag on…come on Friday!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-02-2021, 09:28 AM)FCSPY Wrote: I don’t doubt our boys… but talking  about it just makes the week drag on…come on Friday!!

You going to get to come to the game?
This Corbin team has more talent on the field than I can ever remember they are loaded. Corbin's run defense is key to their success against good teams historically over the past few years they have given up big numbers to good teams last year Johnson Central rushed for 384 yards, Boyle 2017 237 yards, Belfry 2016 319 yards, Belfry 2015 370 yards. If Corbin gets this fixed they could win it all this year.
[-] The following 2 users Like cherokee's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!
I’m coming. Wouldn’t miss it! I’m packing dinner, and filling up the gas tank in Richmond! Only thing I want to give Corbin in an L!!! Lol
[-] The following 2 users Like FCSPY's post:
  • Bull got out!, WhomTheBellTolls
(09-02-2021, 10:29 AM)cherokee Wrote: This Corbin team has more talent on the field than I can ever remember they are loaded. Corbin's run defense is key to their success against good teams historically over the past few years they have given up big numbers to good teams last year Johnson Central rushed for 384 yards, Boyle 2017 237 yards, Belfry 2016 319 yards, Belfry 2015 370 yards. If Corbin gets this fixed they could win it all this year.

Talking about that Johnson Central game last year, Corbin was good on the inside run. Now I’m not saying JC wouldn’t get there yards, they were tuff. But the outside run is what got us, I couldn’t understand why they didn’t make a adjustment on the edges.  Then here comes Franklin County a week later and loaded the edges and says pass on me knowing JC won’t until they have too. Maybe a time or two but mainly the run. I’m still aggravated over that loss. Then our O line was blitzed every play with a linebacker on the guards and still no adjustment. That’s why Combs couldn’t get going, he didn’t have time. JC was slick, Corbin fixes that and like you said stop the run, I believe we will, we will be fine.

(09-02-2021, 10:52 AM)FCSPY Wrote: I’m coming. Wouldn’t miss it!  I’m packing dinner, and filling up the gas tank in Richmond! Only thing I want to give Corbin in an L!!! Lol

Awesome, glad you are making the trip, I do want to give all your fan base a heads up, at the Clays Ferry on I-75 there is road construction on the Clays Ferry Bridge  and on Friday’s it’s a definite 35- 45 minute delay, I would plan accordingly.