Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #3 (4A) Franklin County @ #4 (4A) Corbin 9/03
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Class 4A Franklin County preseason ranked #3 in the Lexington Herald preseason rankings will travel to #4 Corbin on Friday Sep 3rd. Should be a war for all 4 quarters. Corbin comes into the contest after beating Whitley County on the road and starting a freshman QB 45-0. Franklin County walked all over Wester Hills 61-0. Both teams are 2-0 coming into the contest and looking for a knockout. 

Corbin 28
Franklin 21

Who you got?
This probably will be the game of the week. 2 great teams going at it and this one will be interesting. No picks for me but would love to watch this one.
Leg Humpers - 35
Windshield Bombardiers - 31
This will be a game for the ages.. both teams with blow out wins and are 2-0

Im taking franklin in this game..

14-7 Franklin in a hard fought game
Who knows what will Happen! I’m excited. I’m going with my Flyers. I’d be very shocked if the game ends 14-7… either way…. I don’t know much on Corbin some of the faithful give us a run down.
Corbin will make a statement this week in the 4A RPI Bowl.

Corbin 17
Franklin County 14
First Half

Corbin 42
Franklin County 21
Final
(08-29-2021, 12:33 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]Who knows what will Happen! I’m excited. I’m going with my Flyers. I’d be very shocked if the game ends 14-7… either way…. I don’t know much on Corbin some of the faithful give us a run down.

I’m just being honest here there is so much talent it’s kind of hard to give you an exact run down.  Rotating receivers, rbs, and lineman it never seems to be the same kids making big plays, other than Longmire, Mills, and Patterson who are the usual playmakers there have been several others who have stepped it up and have made this team difficult to defend.  We do have some players out for various reasons that will make the difference in this game.  If we are at full strength I believe we CAN take this one, if not I’m not sure, I’ve heard a lot about Franklin Co and this will definitely be the best game on our schedule with huge implications for both teams.  I agree with you I don’t believe either teams defense can hold the others offense to under 14 points for 4 quarters.  However I don’t see Franklin putting up 60 points on Corbin either, I’ve not seen enough out of this years defense to give them a leg up on our 17 or 18 D (that was just nasty) but they’re close very close imo.  Safe travels for the Franklin Co faithful coming this way, come down early eat and enjoy our town, you’ll never get treated better any where you visit to play I promise, and the atmosphere at the game will hopefully top anything you’ve experienced so far. Go Hounds
Franklin 35-17.
Corbin 24-21
(08-29-2021, 12:33 PM)FCSPY Wrote: [ -> ]Who knows what will Happen! I’m excited. I’m going with my Flyers. I’d be very shocked if the game ends 14-7… either way…. I don’t know much on Corbin some of the faithful give us a run down.

I wouldn't be surprised by a lower scoring game. Corbin is getting better and better on defense, and they have a deep bench.
(08-29-2021, 02:29 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

I’m just being honest here there is so much talent it’s kind of hard to give you an exact run down.  Rotating receivers, rbs, and lineman it never seems to be the same kids making big plays, other than Longmire, Mills, and Patterson who are the usual playmakers there have been several others who have stepped it up and have made this team difficult to defend.  We do have some players out for various reasons that will make the difference in this game.  If we are at full strength I believe we CAN take this one, if not I’m not sure, I’ve heard a lot about Franklin Co and this will definitely be the best game on our schedule with huge implications for both teams.  I agree with you I don’t believe either teams defense can hold the others offense to under 14 points for 4 quarters.  However I don’t see Franklin putting up 60 points on Corbin either, I’ve not seen enough out of this years defense to give them a leg up on our 17 or 18 D (that was just nasty) but they’re close very close imo.  Safe travels for the Franklin Co faithful coming this way, come down early eat and enjoy our town, you’ll never get treated better any where you visit to play I promise, and the atmosphere at the game will hopefully top anything you’ve experienced so far. Go Hounds

What's for supper? lol
(08-29-2021, 05:57 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

What's for supper? lol

Crow and a lot of it after LCA and N/L won…

(08-29-2021, 04:21 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]Franklin 35-17.

Well damn thanks Jack… Tongue just kidding I hope your wrong but we’re gonna have to come with our A game
(08-29-2021, 10:43 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

What's for supper? lol

Well damn thanks Jack… Tongue just kidding I hope your wrong but we’re gonna have to come with our A game

I don't want no crow. I thought about coming to watch Corbin win, until you said that.

I'll be surprised if that happens. I think Corbin is gonna smoke some Flyer hind end.
Honestly don’t know enough about Franklin other than they are a damn good football team to make a prediction. I think we probably have more talent in regards to numbers. But their talent could be better, or produce better on a given Friday. Or maybe not? It’s 50/50 for me just because of my lack of knowledge. Don’t really see one teal running away with it, unless something crazy just happens. I’m going with 32-28 as the final. If we get our hoss RB back and our starting QB. I think we”ll be the 32. I just don’t believe this game will be a low scoring outing for either team. Still not sold on our D. And i don’t think they have enough talent on the defensive side to stop us in all of our aspects.but we’ll see!!!
I love Franklin Co's offensive scheme. Coach James is a heck of a coach and Greer is as good of a defensive man as you will find around here. I didn't think Corbin utilized it's talent on offense well enough last year. If they have that figured out this will be a slobber knocker. Could be a preview of a semi final or even a final rematch later this year.
I like FC with their athletes out in space, but Corbin's toughness plus the hometown fans might be just enough for the Hounds to pull it off.... 21-14

Hmmm!! Run down. Big, fast,strong, Qb,Rb, Wr, Kicker. Dirty dog defense
Big challenge for Corbin. FC averaging over 10 yards per pass attempt and over 10 yards per rush attempt. Plus FC defense has 7 takeaways in 2 games. I’ll take FC 31 Corbin 16.
Hopefully they can play. Heard Franklin may have to cancel due to covid.
(08-30-2021, 02:26 PM)footballfever Wrote: [ -> ]Big challenge for Corbin. FC averaging over 10 yards per pass attempt and over 10 yards per rush attempt. Plus FC defense has 7 takeaways in 2 games. I’ll take FC 31 Corbin 16.
It’s a big challenge for both teams no matter how you look at it. Could be the title match in a couple months.
(08-30-2021, 04:19 PM)Red Bunch Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully they can play. Heard Franklin may have to cancel due to covid.
Ewwwwww…. With the new rules that would be a kick in the arse for them.
(08-29-2021, 10:43 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

What's for supper? lol

Well damn thanks Jack… :P just kidding I hope your wrong but we’re gonna have to come with our A game

I think Franklin maybe that good, IMO they’re the favorite for the 4A title .
If Franklin cancels, wonder if Corbin and Boyle can play? Saw where Danville cancelled on the Rebels. I’d love that.
(08-30-2021, 06:16 PM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]If Franklin cancels, wonder if Corbin and Boyle can play? Saw where Danville cancelled on the Rebels. I’d love that.
I don’t think that would be anywhere close to happening if so. 1) I don’t think they could agree on it. 2) if I’m not mistaken they would both get credit as far as RPI because they were both willing To play the other teams. Whomever lost would suffer in RPI for a game they didn’t prepare for. Just my opinion, but I don’t see that happening at all.
(08-30-2021, 06:16 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]

What's for supper? lol

You maybe right but we’ve not had our whole team on the field this year for various reasons.  I’d really like to play a couple games as a complete unit before Franklin to see what we actually look like, but that’s not in the cards.  It’s hard for me to pick a favorite right now, I feel like we’ve got the talent and depth to win it all but we’ve had it in years past and injuries (some that where bad) to key players really derailed us somewhat.  I’m hoping for an exciting injury free game Friday night and I want to win but if I had to pick I’d rather win if or when we meet in the playoffs.

(08-29-2021, 10:50 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]

What's for supper? lol

I don't want no crow. I thought about coming to watch Corbin win, until you said that.

Big Grin Tongue  It ain’t so bad after you get used to it…
Corbin is just too big, fast, and physical to slow down offensively. Corbin will ace the first test of the season against Franklin on the road to Kroger. Corbin big!!!
(08-30-2021, 07:03 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2021, 06:16 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2021, 02:29 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]I’m just being honest here there is so much talent it’s kind of hard to give you an exact run down.  Rotating receivers, rbs, and lineman it never seems to be the same kids making big plays, other than Longmire, Mills, and Patterson who are the usual playmakers there have been several others who have stepped it up and have made this team difficult to defend.  We do have some players out for various reasons that will make the difference in this game.  If we are at full strength I believe we CAN take this one, if not I’m not sure, I’ve heard a lot about Franklin Co and this will definitely be the best game on our schedule with huge implications for both teams.  I agree with you I don’t believe either teams defense can hold the others offense to under 14 points for 4 quarters.  However I don’t see Franklin putting up 60 points on Corbin either, I’ve not seen enough out of this years defense to give them a leg up on our 17 or 18 D (that was just nasty) but they’re close very close imo.  Safe travels for the Franklin Co faithful coming this way, come down early eat and enjoy our town, you’ll never get treated better any where you visit to play I promise, and the atmosphere at the game will hopefully top anything you’ve experienced so far. Go Hounds

What's for supper? lol

You maybe right but we’ve not had our whole team on the field this year for various reasons.  I’d really like to play a couple games as a complete unit before Franklin to see what we actually look like, but that’s not in the cards.  It’s hard for me to pick a favorite right now, I feel like we’ve got the talent and depth to win it all but we’ve had it in years past and injuries (some that where bad) to key players really derailed us somewhat.  I’m hoping for an exciting injury free game Friday night and I want to win but if I had to pick I’d rather win if or when we meet in the playoffs.

(08-29-2021, 10:50 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2021, 02:29 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]I’m just being honest here there is so much talent it’s kind of hard to give you an exact run down.  Rotating receivers, rbs, and lineman it never seems to be the same kids making big plays, other than Longmire, Mills, and Patterson who are the usual playmakers there have been several others who have stepped it up and have made this team difficult to defend.  We do have some players out for various reasons that will make the difference in this game.  If we are at full strength I believe we CAN take this one, if not I’m not sure, I’ve heard a lot about Franklin Co and this will definitely be the best game on our schedule with huge implications for both teams.  I agree with you I don’t believe either teams defense can hold the others offense to under 14 points for 4 quarters.  However I don’t see Franklin putting up 60 points on Corbin either, I’ve not seen enough out of this years defense to give them a leg up on our 17 or 18 D (that was just nasty) but they’re close very close imo.  Safe travels for the Franklin Co faithful coming this way, come down early eat and enjoy our town, you’ll never get treated better any where you visit to play I promise, and the atmosphere at the game will hopefully top anything you’ve experienced so far. Go Hounds

What's for supper? lol

Big Grin Tongue  It ain’t so bad after you get used to it…
I'm used to it.
(08-30-2021, 02:26 PM)footballfever Wrote: [ -> ]Big challenge for Corbin. FC averaging over 10 yards per pass attempt and over 10 yards per rush attempt. Plus FC defense has 7 takeaways in 2 games. I’ll take FC 31 Corbin 16.
They won't do to Corbin what they did to a mediocre Western Hills team.
Western Hills is not even mediocre…. That game and any stats this far, don’t mean a thing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5