Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landon Slone
Landon Slone is awsome. When he was in 8th grade at mnt. Christian Academey he dominated in the Floyd County Middle School Tournament. Tim and Ted Honaker both gaurded him and they still won because Landon.
Landon is the man..clear as that. It's retarded people can get on here and actually say Landon won't get easy lay in's next year. That's pathetic..come on. He got them this year, he'll get them next year and years to come. Do you honestly think the defensive player easily let him slide by and lay it in. No, they simply can't stop him or even gaurd him. Landon Slone is unstoppable. I can't wait for him to prove everyone bashing him wrong. I will just laugh...laugh some more..and more etc. Confusedhock:
Landon is a nice player, He wiil be tough next year and in the years to come, but to say that he is UNSTOPABLE is little way off base
"Basketballer" Wrote:Landon is a nice player, He wiil be tough next year and in the years to come, but to say that he is UNSTOPABLE is little way off base
Since it's way off base, name 5 people who have stopped him this year.
I can't. He did have 2 or 3 off games though, i'll give you that. But, you have to admit that's impressive for a freshman to average what he did and only have 2 or 3 off games. Idea
Yeah no doubt that he is a good player..But come on, People like you are going to be this kids downfall
"Basketballer" Wrote:Yeah no doubt that he is a good player..But come on, People like you are going to be this kids downfall

:lol: How would people like me be his downfall? Apparantly, this season he was hyped. It didn't hurt him. I'm just giving him loads of support along with others. He doesn't let things said about him (good or bad) get to him. If he did, don't you think we would have noticed this season? Idea
Let me make this clear. Good defense shuts down good offense. If anyone in this region, or coach would find the guts to stick someone on Landon, then 51 points is far from reach. The Shelby Valley game was a joke. Absolutely zero defense played on him, how could u not score? I'm not sayin he aint good, but he aint THAT good. Put some hard nosed defense and take the refs off his side cause they are scared of BMR, then u've got a totally different player. I'm from Paintsville and we came out with a good win against JC at Paintsville, BUT when they had that black-haired kid....uhh Meeks I believe, on Landon he only scored 12 points. Meeks just flat out gaurded landon and the refs just let him off the hook by callin silly fouls. P-ville fans take it anyway u want it, but ur hero needs to quit bein pampered. A scorer is a dime a dozen. There is one on every team. Makes it alot easier when your whole team are freshman also, and our coach is the most feared man in the region. Arrow
Better be ready to take some heat for this buddy Smile

But I would say that you are speaking the truth...should be good to see how Landon plays in the years to come 8)
"57th_Paintsville_Fan" Wrote:Let me make this clear. Good defense shuts down good offense. If anyone in this region, or coach would find the guts to stick someone on Landon, then 51 points is far from reach. The Shelby Valley game was a joke. Absolutely zero defense played on him, how could u not score? I'm not sayin he aint good, but he aint THAT good. Put some hard nosed defense and take the refs off his side cause they are scared of BMR, then u've got a totally different player. I'm from Paintsville and we came out with a good win against JC at Paintsville, BUT when they had that black-haired kid....uhh Meeks I believe, on Landon he only scored 12 points. Meeks just flat out gaurded landon and the refs just let him off the hook by callin silly fouls. P-ville fans take it anyway u want it, but ur hero needs to quit bein pampered. A scorer is a dime a dozen. There is one on every team. Makes it alot easier when your whole team are freshman also, and our coach is the most feared man in the region. Arrow

I'm not taking up for paintsville, since im 100% pure eagle..but arent u at PAINTSVILLE FAN? sound like a little jealousy. Without landon paintsville would not be that good. That year before landon they sure werent any good were they??

Edited by BEEF for content
8) Let me say something.....I go to school with Landon Slone....and I've always try to make it to the games to see Landon Slone play....and if you think that kid will not score more then 16 Points per game YOU ARE CRAZY....When Landon and I were playing a game in the gym after school.....i mean its crazy what you see on the court and not in the bletchers......but that kid is a good basketball play and I know one day, that Landon is gonna go pro....if he doesn't go pro then theres something wrong....But Landon will always be a good player.....Im out!!

Edited by BEEF for content
Pro???
I think the only pro player drafted from around here was Todd May, correct me if I'm wrong.
"Chevelle" Wrote:
"57th_Paintsville_Fan" Wrote:Let me make this clear. Good defense shuts down good offense. If anyone in this region, or coach would find the guts to stick someone on Landon, then 51 points is far from reach. The Shelby Valley game was a joke. Absolutely zero defense played on him, how could u not score? I'm not sayin he aint good, but he aint THAT good. Put some hard nosed defense and take the refs off his side cause they are scared of BMR, then u've got a totally different player. I'm from Paintsville and we came out with a good win against JC at Paintsville, BUT when they had that black-haired kid....uhh Meeks I believe, on Landon he only scored 12 points. Meeks just flat out gaurded landon and the refs just let him off the hook by callin silly fouls. P-ville fans take it anyway u want it, but ur hero needs to quit bein pampered. A scorer is a dime a dozen. There is one on every team. Makes it alot easier when your whole team are freshman also, and our coach is the most feared man in the region. Arrow

I'm not taking up for paintsville, since im 100% pure eagle..but arent u at PAINTSVILLE FAN? sound like a little jealousy. Without landon paintsville would not be that good. That year before landon they sure werent any good were they??

I know 100% that your not an eagle fan, but a tiger fan. Don't lie. I know.... :?
No one said he wasn't any good and didn't help this year. Read it correctly.
"SexyMan08" Wrote:8) Let me say something.....I go to school with Landon Slone....and I've always try to make it to the games to see Landon Slone play....and if you think that kid will not score more then 16 Points per game YOU ARE CRAZY....When Landon and I were playing a game in the gym after school.....i mean its crazy what you see on the court and not in the bletchers......but that kid is a good basketball play and I know one day, that Landon is gonna go pro....if he doesn't go pro then theres something wrong....But Landon will always be a good player.....Im out!!

Who said he wouldn't score 16 points a game? I hope he continues to score 30 a game, but I'd rather see 30 points contested than given any day. The kid is going to score consistently each game, no doubt, but with more defense, his averages will fall, but not steeply.
To say that landon will go pro is just ignorance. There isn't any room hardly in a D-1 school for 6'3" white kid especially playin in the 15th region, let along pro. Who really cares about your pick-up games? If you play with him so much and know him so well, who does Landon play pickup games with? Jamie McCarty. I'm willing to guess you can't hold a light to either and very unknowledgeable of the game and to say what you already have IS CRAZY. :?:
"4leaf" Wrote:Pro???
I think the only pro player drafted from around here was Todd May, correct me if I'm wrong.

Todd May was never drafted he went to UK and got to play over Merle Terpin Sp??? But Merle went on to play in the NBA if that tells you anything. May moved back to Pikeville for reasons still unknown untill this day...
"SexyMan08" Wrote:8) Let me say something.....I go to school with Landon Slone....and I've always try to make it to the games to see Landon Slone play....and if you think that kid will not score more then 16 Points per game YOU ARE CRAZY....When Landon and I were playing a game in the gym after school.....i mean its crazy what you see on the court and not in the bletchers......but that kid is a good basketball play and I know one day, that Landon is gonna go pro....if he doesn't go pro then theres something wrong....But Landon will always be a good player.....Im out!!

I don't like you.
Landon is a great player. I highly anticipate the numerous games that I will attend these next three years to watch him and the rest of the freshman Tigers. We've got a fine group of boys and with BMR as our Coach all we wanna talk about is Rupp but we can't get ahead of ourselves. Landon will definately improve these next few years. He's a great ball player and he's in the gym almost every day. This kid is gonna be the one that produces great things.
"Chevelle" Wrote:
"SexyMan08" Wrote:8) Let me say something.....I go to school with Landon Slone....and I've always try to make it to the games to see Landon Slone play....and if you think that kid will not score more then 16 Points per game YOU ARE RETARDED....When Landon and I were playing a game in the gym after school.....i mean its crazy what you see on the court and not in the bletchers......but that kid is a good basketball play and I know one day, that Landon is gonna go pro....if he doesn't go pro then theres something wrong....But Landon will always be a good player.....Im out!!

I don't like you.
We need to keep personal comments like this to ourselves there Chevelle.
And NO MORE PERSONAL ATTACKS or Name calling!!