Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Christian Academy 35 Somerset 34
CARDFAN16 Wrote:I have no dog either but he runs forward his feet are on the 9 yard line and when the ball gets pulled he is on the 11 meaning he was going backwards. Also it looks like his knee goes down on the ten when the first defender grabs his leg just my opinion

His knee never comes close to being down until well after the ball is out. And the defender that ends up with the ball does so inside the 10 yard line. The runner was thrown back to the 11 by the tackler after the ball was out. The play was not whistled dead in live play. That's something to keep in mind.
Walt Longmire Wrote:His knee never comes close to being down until well after the ball is out. And the defender that ends up with the ball does so inside the 10 yard line. The runner was thrown back to the 11 by the tackler after the ball was out. The play was not whistled dead in live play. That's something to keep in mind.

At 7 to 8 second on video if his knee is not on the ground it is close either way I wasn’t there and if you were there and say the play was live I have no complaint with what you just saying what I saw he was definitely being driven back and the one defender twist to pull the ball twisting back towards the 10
CARDFAN16 Wrote:At 7 to 8 second on video if his knee is not on the ground it is close either way I wasn’t there and if you were there and say the play was live I have no complaint with what you just saying what I saw he was definitely being driven back and the one defender twist to pull the ball twisting back towards the 10

And this is also a slow-mo version. In the full speed version it's pretty apparent it came out basically in one rip as the runner was spinning. The knee was 3-4 inches off of the ground. If you freeze it you can see daylight. And, like I said, it was never blown dead on the field.
Wow......now we are analyzing SLO MO replay at High School games? Officials are human, they do the best they can with the position they are in and what they see. They DON'T HAVE SLO MO! They don't have REPLAY!
Just like fans in the stands that are 20 - 30 feet above the field screaming, "throw the ball, he is wide open!" or "Cut it back, there is nobody there!"
Of course he is wide open when you have an "overhead view". Try sitting behind the line, having a progression read and trying to determine what to do as the D-Line is grabbing at your arm and jersey. Try being on the field seeing opposing jerseys, your own team's jerseys in your face and determining what to do.
What was NOT OPEN when you check the receiver, now becomes open 5 seconds later, but unfortunately you are getting flushed and running for your life.
How in the world "anyone" would want to be an official in any sport, is beyond my imagination. Especially when the majority of the people posting don't have a clue, because those that "DO" have a clue, don't post about things like this.
Tired of "NEVER WERE and NEVER WILL BE" people criticizing any Athlete, Coach or Official on Social Media.
I live by an old saying I came up with years ago. "Those that DID, never talk about it, Those that DIDN'T talk about it all the time!"
The Truth Sayer Wrote:Wow......now we are analyzing SLO MO replay at High School games? Officials are human, they do the best they can with the position they are in and what they see. They DON'T HAVE SLO MO! They don't have REPLAY!
Just like fans in the stands that are 20 - 30 feet above the field screaming, "throw the ball, he is wide open!" or "Cut it back, there is nobody there!"
Of course he is wide open when you have an "overhead view". Try sitting behind the line, having a progression read and trying to determine what to do as the D-Line is grabbing at your arm and jersey. Try being on the field seeing opposing jerseys, your own team's jerseys in your face and determining what to do.
What was NOT OPEN when you check the receiver, now becomes open 5 seconds later, but unfortunately you are getting flushed and running for your life.
How in the world "anyone" would want to be an official in any sport, is beyond my imagination. Especially when the majority of the people posting don't have a clue, because those that "DO" have a clue, don't post about things like this.
Tired of "NEVER WERE and NEVER WILL BE" people criticizing any Athlete, Coach or Official on Social Media.
I live by an old saying I came up with years ago. "Those that DID, never talk about it, Those that DIDN'T talk about it all the time!"

Believe me sir I did. Being a cardinal fan and getting the calls we have gotten over the years like an interception called a touchdown in the state Championship to be able to bitch I have learned to watch the video and see if calls are correct. Because if I am going to bitch about something I want to know what really happened I don’t care what the ref calls,
The Truth Sayer Wrote:Wow......now we are analyzing SLO MO replay at High School games? Officials are human, they do the best they can with the position they are in and what they see. They DON'T HAVE SLO MO! They don't have REPLAY!

It was pretty obvious in live action as well, and the official had a better view than I did. It was a bad call, spade's a spade. Nobody is saying the game was stolen from Somerset, but I'm not going to sit here and say "ah they're just doing their best" when they make a bad call either.
Please post your credentials as a high school football official. Or even better, your credentials as a collegiate official. I will take any credentials as an official.
If you do have credentials, please ask yourself if you have ever sat down with your assigner after a game, reviewed tape and "kicked yourself in the butt because you blew a call" or "got 'scratched' from a particular team because of the 'missed call'"
If not, please just realize that "human beings make mistakes".
Once again, just because you are sitting 20 feet up in the air, or watching replay on SLO MO video and saying, "the official had a better view than me" doesn't mean you know what the officials view was at the time.
Lots of things going on down on the field. Lots of things to see and to miss.
Am I Dumb enough to believe there is NOT the "HOMER FACTOR" in High School football? NO.
I have never officiated "officially" in my life, but I did play collegiate football and it never ceased to amaze me on Sunday Evening when watching film, how many times I "complained" about a call only to "watch the film" and prove myself wrong.
Then again, these websites wouldn't exist if it weren't for the people that "Never did".
So only former officials are allowed to criticize the refs? Just because it's a tough job doesn't mean they shouldn't be expected to do it right.
Judgement calls are just that, "judgement." I would understand an argument completely if the refs got a rule book issue wrong but this was all judgement. How many times do you see in professional sports a close judgement call being challenged or reviewed and be overturned? Not often but it does happen. It's easy to sit and watch a replay 50 times in slow mo and get the call right but when you have to watch it during live action with about 10 other things to watch as well its hard. I'm sure refs have made calls and about 5 seconds after the call is made they wished they could change their call but once a call is made it's over. Same thing with baseball, there's tough calls that have to be made all within about a second.
Hold on there, The Truth Sayer aren't you the same person that posted the quotes below:

The Truth Sayer Wrote:Please post your credentials as a high school football official. Or even better, your credentials as a collegiate official. I will take any credentials as an official.
If you do have credentials, please ask yourself if you have ever sat down with your assigner after a game, reviewed tape and "kicked yourself in the butt because you blew a call" or "got 'scratched' from a particular team because of the 'missed call'"
If not, please just realize that "human beings make mistakes".
Once again, just because you are sitting 20 feet up in the air, or watching replay on SLO MO video and saying, "the official had a better view than me" doesn't mean you know what the officials view was at the time.
Lots of things going on down on the field. Lots of things to see and to miss.
Am I Dumb enough to believe there is NOT the "HOMER FACTOR" in High School football? NO.
I have never officiated "officially" in my life, but I did play collegiate football and it never ceased to amaze me on Sunday Evening when watching film, how many times I "complained" about a call only to "watch the film" and prove myself wrong.
Then again, these websites wouldn't exist if it weren't for the people that "Never did".

You even posted the official's name. You're ridiculous.

The Truth Sayer Wrote:These comments are beyond explanation. You are a High School KID, playing in a BIG GAME. Offensive player comes across the field, ball thrown and you want to make a play. Ball is high...........you dont' know that.........you just see the offensive player jump to catch the ball.........your only thought is Hell NO....i have to tackle him. Kid jumps, ball skips off of his hands and you hit him. "TARGETING A DEFENSELESS PLAYER" is called.
Unbelievable and so sad.
There was no TARGETING and it was a BANG-BANG play of kids playing a game. Sorry to hear that the kid from Corbin was injured..........but not ready for ORANGES at Halftime and Trophies for ALL.
Terrible call by Mr. Meals..as the people in the stands called him out by name because they know that he is very favorable to Corbin. They proceeded to say, "Welcome to Corbin........GOOD LUCK!"

The Truth Sayer Wrote:Right call if you are a Redhound. Ridiculous call if you are from any other team in the country. Official should be SCRATCHED from every other team in the state. From what I heard in the stands his name is MEALS.
The ball went right through receivers hands, defender hit him immediately after it was tipped. By rule, once a ball is tipped, pass interference goes out the window. As for the, "defenseless player" call. THIS ISN'T the NFL. It is HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL.
Crickets, Truth Sayer?
:ref2:
[Image: https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/...-gif-3.gif]