Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Christian Academy 35 Somerset 34
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final.
Two dead even teams tonight. LCA goes for 2 after scoring with about 2 minutes left to make the difference.

Somerset O and D lines need to take a hard look in the mirror after this one. In a game where they should've been the difference, they were flat outplayed.
Final
Good win for LCA!! Imo if Miller wasn’t hurt this game is 2 tds the other way
Wow! This must have been a dandy. Congratulations LCA. Could these two meet at Kroger field?
Congrats LCA. This must have been a heck of a game!
Congrats LCA. This must have been a heckuva game!
VELVET CLOSER Wrote:Wow! This must have been a dandy. Congratulations LCA. Could these two meet at Kroger field?

No. They are in same district.
They will meet again in round 2 of the playoffs as this year the 1st and 2nd round are against your own district. Shame this type of game has to be played so early on. It should be as good as the first time.
Man. Would love to watch this one somewhere. Is it being uploaded anywhere online to view?
Spud6 Wrote:Man. Would love to watch this one somewhere. Is it being uploaded anywhere online to view?

Lake Cumberland Sports on Facebook should have it.
It was streamed live
IMO, LCA won the 1st half and Somerset won the 2nd half, but, LCA was more comfortable in there offense and they played physical in the trenches, which surprised me. Felt the Bunnies had the advantage there, but, the Eagles were right there all night. 2 really good teams. LCA has Smith and Brown, 2 really speedy play makers and there QB does a good job running there offense. I was a little surprised they didn't throw the ball as much as expected. Somerset throws the ball better, but, there OL got handled by LCAs DL that resulted in too many negative plays, putting them behind the chains. Just felt like LCA wanted it a little more tonight. Round 2 should be another classic..
Spud6 Wrote:Man. Would love to watch this one somewhere. Is it being uploaded anywhere online to view?

Prepspin has it on YouTube
Great win for LCA.

The rematch will be a war.
Can't wait for this rematch!
Thought there was a few controversial flags in this one.
bac2369 Wrote:Thought there was a few controversial flags in this one.

Officiating was fine but definitely not great. Somerset had a 20+ yard pass that looked to me like it bounced off the ground but the officials called it a catch. Then later in the game I felt like the play where Mikey Garland stripped the ball from the LCA runner was blown dead very quick, and on replay seemed to be blown dead after Garland already had the ball in his hands. Both plays occurred on scoring drives.

I don't think officiating overly affected the game either way, but it certainly wasn't great. All of the penalties that put Somerset behind the chains for most of the night though were legit calls. We've got to get that stuff cleaned up.

Special teams continues to plague the Jumpers. Missed the XP on the opening touchdown of the game, and then snapped the ball over the punter's head a little later. Either one of those goes our way and we might be looking at a different outcome. Somerset is obviously still a team capable of winning a state championship, but we're running out of time to get those things cleaned up.
Congratulations to LCA, now this is why I didn’t make a prediction and it will be the same way next time they play
RoShamBo Wrote:Officiating was fine but definitely not great. Somerset had a 20+ yard pass that looked to me like it bounced off the ground but the officials called it a catch. Then later in the game I felt like the play where Mikey Garland stripped the ball from the LCA runner was blown dead very quick, and on replay seemed to be blown dead after Garland already had the ball in his hands. Both plays occurred on scoring drives.

I don't think officiating overly affected the game either way, but it certainly wasn't great. All of the penalties that put Somerset behind the chains for most of the night though were legit calls. We've got to get that stuff cleaned up.

Special teams continues to plague the Jumpers. Missed the XP on the opening touchdown of the game, and then snapped the ball over the punter's head a little later. Either one of those goes our way and we might be looking at a different outcome. Somerset is obviously still a team capable of winning a state championship, but we're running out of time to get those things cleaned up.

I watched the last 6 minutes. The strip looked legit to me and was blown dead early in my opinion. There was a late hit on the kickoff on the game winning scoring drive that wasn’t even there!!!
I don't recall too many penalties either way. Overall, a pretty clean game by both teams. The Bunnies had a couple of costly turnovers/mistakes, while LCA played pretty flawless with exception of the one interception. LCA's kicking game was a factor while Somersets lack of one, cost them.
bac2369 Wrote:I watched the last 6 minutes. The strip looked legit to me and was blown dead early in my opinion. There was a late hit on the kickoff on the game winning scoring drive that wasn’t even there!!!

I forgot about that one. That was a terrible call. There wasn't even a hit and the flag was out before either player had even made it out of bounds.
Grundy straight up shut D Smith from LCA down. I think he had 2 catches the whole game.
RoShamBo Wrote:Officiating was fine but definitely not great. Somerset had a 20+ yard pass that looked to me like it bounced off the ground but the officials called it a catch. Then later in the game I felt like the play where Mikey Garland stripped the ball from the LCA runner was blown dead very quick, and on replay seemed to be blown dead after Garland already had the ball in his hands. Both plays occurred on scoring drives.

As I've said before, the special teams have been a bugaboo all season. They've been good enough for them not to be a factor but in a game like last night they often make the difference. Between the missed extra point, the punt snap, giving away field position on kickoff coverage and the dropped kickoff at the end that set them up to have to go 86 yards you could probably find the points necessary to win. The good news is that they have 4 weeks to clean it up.
Congrats LCA. This game lived up to expectations. Rematch should be another tremendous game.
Gotta get #7 the ball if you want to win games like this. Simple as that. 15+ touches and we run away from that team last night. Put him at QB run the RPO they did with Doan a few years back. Put him at RB and give him 10 or 12 carries. Try to get him matched up on linebackers coming out of the backfield. Somerset has to get the ball in his hands and let your playmaker make plays. Overall all though I like where this team is right now. Line got outplayed last night but they are a good group and will bounce back. Looking forward to the playoff matchup. Two solid teams going to be another good game.
Pretty good game to watch. This was LCA’s worst performance of the year. They better regroup before playoff time. If these two meet again and LCA is full strength, LCA wins 42-12.
Warrior 2002 Wrote:Pretty good game to watch. This was LCA’s worst performance of the year. They better regroup before playoff time. If these two meet again and LCA is full strength, LCA wins 42-12.

Looks like a warrior fan taking shots at Somerset. Interesting considering the state of their program. LCA and Somerset are relevant programs - SW is not.

LCA and Somerset are evenly matched; if there is a rematch it will be a good one.

Grats to LCA
Two excellent small school teams that were evenly matched playing a great game.

LCA's DE's were the MVP's of the game as they ate the Somerset Tackles' lunch all night and forced Sheron to do things most teams have been unable to.

Kade Grundy is a bad man for Somerset!
WETSU Wrote:Gotta get #7 the ball if you want to win games like this. Simple as that. 15+ touches and we run away from that team last night. Put him at QB run the RPO they did with Doan a few years back. Put him at RB and give him 10 or 12 carries. Try to get him matched up on linebackers coming out of the backfield. Somerset has to get the ball in his hands and let your playmaker make plays. Overall all though I like where this team is right now. Line got outplayed last night but they are a good group and will bounce back. Looking forward to the playoff matchup. Two solid teams going to be another good game.

I'd say the cramping issues limited the coaches ability to use him as much as they'd have liked.

LCA had a really tough time covering the Somerset receivers. They just have to give Sheron more time to find them.

The thing is, with both lines struggling and the special teams issues, Somerset was one play from winning this game. I didn't see anything that can't be fixed. Now it's time to get back to work, get healthy and get the problems fixed and get back to a rematch in 4 weeks.
Pages: 1 2 3