Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Christian Academy 35 Somerset 34
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Gonna be a tall order for whoever has to play either of them, I watched the game on prepspin and they are both very, very good.
rookie57 Wrote:Gonna be a tall order for whoever has to play either of them, I watched the game on prepspin and they are both very, very good.

Both teams are very good. I'm surprised there wasn't a ejection on a LCA player for kicking the guy who had him by the facemask.
This outcome shocked me, especially when you consider all of the D-1 talent that Somerset has right now. And with only 6 seniors and 10 juniors, LCA has fewer upperclassmen than the Bunnies have seniors (24).

IMO, there’s no way the young Eagles can luck into beating so much talent and experience twice in one season. In the rematch, I would think the Bunnies will be a lock.
Gitback Coach Wrote:This outcome shocked me, especially when you consider all of the D-1 talent that Somerset has right now. And with only 6 seniors and 10 juniors, LCA has fewer upperclassmen than the Bunnies have seniors (24).

IMO, there’s no way the young Eagles can luck into beating so much talent and experience twice in one season. In the rematch, I would think the Bunnies will be a lock.

Like Lee Corso always says, "Not so fast my friend!". While I think Somerset is an outstanding team, I don't see them beating LCA in the rematch. And I dont think luck had anything to do with this win either.

We played LCA in the Pike County Bowl and I said then, and I still believe, that this team is a solid contender to win the 2A championship. I'm not saying that Somerset isn't, I believe LCA is just the better TEAM. The Bunnies may have the edge in D-1 players, but I give the "team" advantage to LCA.

But, I could be dead wrong and the Bunnies may just "running clock" them in the rematch but I don't think they will. Should be another dandy of a game regardless if they meet up again.
neither one of these teams is going to running clock the other.Watched on prepspin from Mayfield interested in seeing who we might play should we keep winning.I was impressed with both teams.Somerset big physical then LCA very quick speed to burn kind of reminds me of our Mayfield team.Looking forward to their rematch should be anither slobber knocker.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Like Lee Corso always says, "Not so fast my friend!". While I think Somerset is an outstanding team, I don't see them beating LCA in the rematch. And I dont think luck had anything to do with this win either.

In 1-point wins or losses, luck ALWAYS plays a role in the outcome—no disrespect intended to LCA. Pointy balls bounce funny.

Somerset has much more top-notch talent than LCA, they’re far more experienced, and they’ll have revenge on their mind when (not if) they meet again in a few weeks. LCA’s only edge will be home field advantage, and in the vast majority of high schools, that advantage doesn’t really exist.

My (far too early) prediction for the rematch is 42-20, Jumpers.
LCA is a really well coached team by the way. I was impressed with them against Belfry and I thought they schemed some great stuff to exploit the advantages they had on Somerset.

I think Somerset is the more complete team and probably the overall more talented team, but LCA does an amazing job of maximizing their top end talent they do have.
[quote=Gitback Coach]In 1-point wins or losses, luck ALWAYS plays a role in the outcome—no disrespect intended to LCA. Pointy balls bounce funny.

Somerset has much more top-notch talent than LCA, they’re far more experienced, and they’ll have revenge on their mind when (not if) they meet again in a few weeks. LCA’s only edge will be home field advantage, and in the vast majority of high schools, that advantage doesn’t really exist.

My (far too early) prediction for the rematch is 42-20, Jumpers.[/QUOT

Come play at War Memorial and tell me home field has nothing to do with it
Jayden Barnhardt needs to start getting recognized. Kid has worked HIS ASS OFF for years and is doing nothing but producing for his team.

Badass football player.
CARDFAN16 Wrote:[quote=Gitback Coach]In 1-point wins or losses, luck ALWAYS plays a role in the outcome—no disrespect intended to LCA. Pointy balls bounce funny.

My (far too early) prediction for the rematch is 42-20, Jumpers.[/QUOT

Come play at War Memorial and tell me home field has nothing to do with it

:bike:
I thought LCA won this game because they were the more polished team offensively. They ran there sets with confidence and it looked like all were on the same page. Seemed like Somerset played a little more hesitant or maybe unsure. I don't think there was any doubt, the Bunnies were the bigger, deeper and overall more talented team, but, between Brown and Smith and there QB, LCA has excellent speed and big play ability and I thought there line on both sides of the ball, were very fundamentally sound even though outsized across the board.
Looking at the stats you would never guess Lca would have put up the points they did and won. Qb passed for 111 yards (44%) and ran for 72 (3.9 ypc), held Smith to 4 catches for 43 yds, etc.. Looks like brown, Vernon and the lines did the heavy lifting. I will say that Lca does a lot more than most with what they have and their coaching staff deserves a ton of credit.
Exceptional game on both parts! But the Jumpers have them in the second round!

32-21 Somerset
Frank Martin Wrote:Looking at the stats you would never guess Lca would have put up the points they did and won. Qb passed for 111 yards (44%) and ran for 72 (3.9 ypc), held Smith to 4 catches for 43 yds, etc.. Looks like brown, Vernon and the lines did the heavy lifting. I will say that Lca does a lot more than most with what they have and their coaching staff deserves a ton of credit.

They were on a short field for most of the night. I can only recall maybe once that they didn't start a drive past the 35. Most started around midfield. That's the main reason for the lack of stats.
I hate that this rematch will be played in just the second round. Both of these teams deserve to play in a region championship.
Kywarrior14 Wrote:I hate that this rematch will be played in just the second round. Both of these teams deserve to play in a region championship.

What would be the benefit of them playing deeper into the playoffs? They still have to beat the same team to get to the state championship. These teams are both tough but it is not out of the realm of possibility that my cards will give them problems.
CARDFAN16 Wrote:What would be the benefit of them playing deeper into the playoffs? They still have to beat the same team to get to the state championship. These teams are both tough but it is not out of the realm of possibility that my cards will give them problems.

I think everyone still expects Mayfield to compete for a state championship. The thing that is disappointing for most people is that there are only 3, maybe 4 teams capable of winning it all in 2A, and one of them will be gone after the 2nd round.

It is potentially setting up a boring 3rd and 4th round.
RoShamBo Wrote:I think everyone still expects Mayfield to compete for a state championship. The thing that is disappointing for most people is that there are only 3, maybe 4 teams capable of winning it all in 2A, and one of them will be gone after the 2nd round.

It is potentially setting up a boring 3rd and 4th round.

Kinda the same situation as a couple years ago when Cal beat Desales or last year when Murray beat OC always good teams out in the early rounds.
To be honest I am not counting out Beechwood, Danville or or OC a couple teams come out flat in a game the whole playoffs change. Somerset showed that in the first half last week and turned it around the second half. Mayfield has had their share of dominant seasons only to get to state and fall on their face 1 against LCA. You never know.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2710220442334471&id=100000396249596

I'm not sure if this will work properly but here is one of the strips that was not given to too defense mentioned above. To be fair this happened a long way away from me and I couldn't tell what happened during live play.
Walt Longmire Wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2710220442334471&id=100000396249596

I'm not sure if this will work properly but here is one of the strips that was not given to too defense mentioned above. To be fair this happened a long way away from me and I couldn't tell what happened during live play.

I have to agree with you Walt. I watched it live and could not believe they missed that obvious call. It really turned out to be the difference in the ball game.
Walt Longmire Wrote:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2710220442334471&id=100000396249596

I said before that it was Mikey when it was actually Kade that got the strip, but yeah, it's obvious there. Whatever, hopefully we get a good crew for the second meeting and we decide to get off the bus for the first half.
mysonis55 Wrote:I have to agree with you Walt. I watched it live and could not believe they missed that obvious call. It really turned out to be the difference in the ball game.

Now, Somerset had several chances to stop LCA on that final drive and then on the 2 point conversion, so it didn't cost them the game. I just wanted to show that the fans complaining about the call were justified.
RoShamBo Wrote:I said before that it was Mikey when it was actually Kade that got the strip, but yeah, it's obvious there. Whatever, hopefully we get a good crew for the second meeting and we decide to get off the bus for the first half.

Mikey had a strip as well. I had a great view of it and it clearly happened after the whistle. It could be debated as to whether the ball carrier's forward momentum had been stopped and cwhether the whistle should have been blown I suppose. But it had been blown dead when he took it away.
CARDFAN16 Wrote:To be honest I am not counting out Beechwood, Danville or or OC a couple teams come out flat in a game the whole playoffs change. Somerset showed that in the first half last week and turned it around the second half. Mayfield has had their share of dominant seasons only to get to state and fall on their face 1 against LCA. You never know.

I love what LCA and Somerset are doing and I know Mayfield hasn't been the dominant force they've been in the past this year. But with all that said, I picked Mayfield to be the 2A champs this season and said that it wouldn't be close in the preseason. Well, I still have the Cards picked to win it all this year but I have changed my mind on the "it wouldn't be close" comment.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Now, Somerset had several chances to stop LCA on that final drive and then on the 2 point conversion, so it didn't cost them the game. I just wanted to show that the fans complaining about the call were justified.

Agreed. The officiating wasn't great, but at the end of the day the team that wanted it more got the win. I'm hoping this game has woke Somerset up.

Only way that wasn’t a turn over is if they blew the play dead his forward progress was stopped and was being pushed back was no sound so don’t know.
CARDFAN16 Wrote:Only way that wasn’t a turn over is if they blew the play dead his forward progress was stopped and was being pushed back was no sound so don’t know.

I have no dog in the fight.

Forward progress was not stopped or close to it. :Thumbs:
CARDFAN16 Wrote:What would be the benefit of them playing deeper into the playoffs? They still have to beat the same team to get to the state championship. These teams are both tough but it is not out of the realm of possibility that my cards will give them problems.

True but who wants to see two top seeded teams play in the early rounds of the NCAA tournament. I know there are other teams that can beat them, I’m just saying that it’s a shame their next matchup isn’t at least the region championship and not just round two.
Hatz Wrote:I have no dog in the fight.

Forward progress was not stopped or close to it. :Thumbs:

I have no dog either but he runs forward his feet are on the 9 yard line and when the ball gets pulled he is on the 11 meaning he was going backwards. Also it looks like his knee goes down on the ten when the first defender grabs his leg just my opinion
Pages: 1 2 3