Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co vs Highlands
I've been a fan of Boyle County and have been on the "Rebel Bandwagon" all season. And they've done nothing to change my mind. In fact, they've only strengthened my statement that, IMO, they very well may be the best team in Kentucky. Boyle County Rebels continue their destruction:

Boyle County 49
Highlands 31
If that was the score, that would be a heck of a game to watch, good luck to both teams and all stay healthy. Knowing Boyle they’ll be playing basketball again, score might be higher lol. All jokes aside, be a great game to watch.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Not triggered, just annoyed.

Geez I’m sorry.
Kinda testy on here just to be Monday. Regardless, I believe the Rebels continue to roll.

Boyle Co. 56
Highlands 21
Jack Lambert Wrote:Not triggered, just annoyed.

Now I know how to get you to come out of hiding and post more...:biggrin:.....
Looking at stats to this point in the season for the Birds and Rebels:

Hollingsworth is 69-124, 909 yds, 12 TD's and only 3 Interceptions

Lanter is 49-65, 942 yds, 13 TD's and only 1 interception

HHS is not ranked in the Top 25 of their Class in rushing so I have to assume they average less than 150 yds a game on the ground.

Boyle is averaging 221 yds per game on the ground.

The Birds are much more proficient in passing. They average 202 yards per game.

The Rebels throwing has resulted in a 215 per game clip.

Scoring wise: HHS averages 34.4 points and Boyle 53.0.

Defenses have been stingy with the Birds only giving up 10.2 a game and the Rebels holding opponents to 8.4.

Boyle gives up on 41 per game rushing and 75 passing.
HHS allows 148 a game rushing and 88 passing.

Jacob Brass has 5 INT's for HHS leading their 11 overall as a team.
Boyle has 4 INT's and 6 Fumbles recovered as a squad.

Highlands Pass Defense appears top notch and will challenge the Boyle Air Attack.
Hatz Wrote:Looking at stats to this point in the season for the Birds and Rebels:

Hollingsworth is 69-124, 909 yds, 12 TD's and only 3 Interceptions

Lanter is 49-65, 942 yds, 13 TD's and only 1 interception

HHS is not ranked in the Top 25 of their Class in rushing so I have to assume they average less than 150 yds a game on the ground.

Boyle is averaging 221 yds per game on the ground.

The Birds are much more proficient in passing. They average 202 yards per game.

The Rebels throwing has resulted in a 215 per game clip.

Scoring wise: HHS averages 34.4 points and Boyle 53.0.

Defenses have been stingy with the Birds only giving up 10.2 a game and the Rebels holding opponents to 8.4.

Boyle gives up on 41 per game rushing and 75 passing.
HHS allows 148 a game rushing and 88 passing.

Jacob Brass has 5 INT's for HHS leading their 11 overall as a team.
Boyle has 4 INT's and 6 Fumbles recovered as a squad.

Highlands Pass Defense appears top notch and will challenge the Boyle Air Attack.

Looks like the Birds play man-to-man and that could be an interesting thing to watch vs the Rebels lethal passing attack.

Also I've read where their OL was not good vs Ryle and their QB was sacked several times. Well their OL is about to see a DL that will cause them real problems.

Going to be fun!
These are two very good football teams that have a lot of respect for each other. To even think about a running clock is silly. This game was scheduled by both coaches in hopes of making their teams better for the playoffs. A victory will be nice for either team, but both are more concerned about the rest of the season. At the same time I am picking Boyle by 2 TD's.
Buten is considered Highlands best RB by many and has yet to play due to HS injury. Not sure if he plays this week but would be nice extra weapon if he does. Highlands has to be able to run the ball at least a little to win the game. Not listed above is HHS fumble recoveries which they have several. TO’s by either team will be big.
One thing in a passing game is height of DBs and receivers. Just sayin
bo67 Wrote:One thing in a passing game is height of DBs and receivers. Just sayin

So who has height advantage
plantmanky Wrote:Extremely good? A team that only put 28 and 27 on SK and Ryle is extremely good? I dont think so, much improved from prior years, yes, extremely good, no.

Extremely good may be a stretch but your opinion that this game has to be a running clock or else is ignorant at best. Highlands is a really good team.
sstack Wrote:So who has height advantage

Doesn’t really matter. HHS can’t play with BCHS. This game will have the same results as the previous games. No stopping this machine!!!
Dline Wrote:Doesn’t really matter. HHS can’t play with BCHS. This game will have the same results as the previous games. No stopping this machine!!!

And you know this from watching both teams play? Tell me who Highlands best player is
sstack Wrote:So who has height advantage

Would think it would be HHS.
sstack Wrote:And you know this from watching both teams play? Tell me who Highlands best player is

Really doesn’t matter who it is. Still not good enough :truestory:
Geez, the guy asked a question.
Dline Wrote:Really doesn’t matter who it is. Still not good enough :truestory:

I asked because I knew that would be your answer. You are basing your prediction on being a fan of Boyle and nothing else. You have no cue how good or bad Highlands is.
I think Highlands is a really good team. I would pick CAL to beat them in a close one. That said I think Boyle Co wins by a few TDS.
sstack Wrote:And you know this from watching both teams play? Tell me who Highlands best player is

The answer is Huddleston...he is a badass and one of my favorite high school football players.
sstack Wrote:I asked because I knew that would be your answer. You are basing your prediction on being a fan of Boyle and nothing else. You have no cue how good or bad Highlands is.

I don't think he's a Rebels fan.
Things that would comcern me for both teams....

For Boyle Co - can we run the ball between the tackles? If not, we might be in trouble.

For Highlands - are we able to complete a higher than normal percentage of passes? Can we block the Rebels DL? If not, we might be in trouble.
FoSho Wrote:I don't think he's a Rebels fan.

Don’t have to be a fan to know that HHS has no chance in this game
FoSho Wrote:The answer is Huddleston...he is a badass and one of my favorite high school football players.

Obviously you have seen Highlands play! Doesn’t look like much when teams come out on the field but once that whistle blows he’s one heck of a player
FoSho Wrote:Things that would comcern me for both teams....

For Boyle Co - can we run the ball between the tackles? If not, we might be in trouble.

For Highlands - are we able to complete a higher than normal percentage of passes? Can we block the Rebels DL? If not, we might be in trouble.

I don’t expect Boyle to have trouble running between the tackles.
Highlands O line has to block better than last week if they want any chance of winning.
sstack Wrote:Obviously you have seen Highlands play! Doesn’t look like much when teams come out on the field but once that whistle blows he’s one heck of a player

If you're coming to the game, watch Reese Smith (#15) for the Rebels. He'll be the best player in the field.
FoSho Wrote:If you're coming to the game, watch Reese Smith (#15) for the Rebels. He'll be the best player in the field.

You need to clear space in your private message box it’s full
FoSho Wrote:Things that would comcern me for both teams....

Having played Boyle I think this is very accurate. I thought Wilson Kelly was the defensive MVP when we played them. He disrupted every run and pass play we ran. If Boyle gets their running game going they won't be beat.
sstack Wrote:You need to clear space in your private message box it’s full

I get that a lot.

Try it now.
Boyle Co DL/OL - Wilson Kelly (#73) has committed to Middle Tennessee State.