Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOUTH FLOYD 50, PRESTONSBURG 48 SF 58th district champs
I thought free throws were a part of the game.
Perhaps the rest of the state is playing a game where you don't take them. I myself perfer poker.
"littlej" Wrote:The refing in the game friday night was bad both ways none got any advantage from the calls at all. Pburg missed foul shots and SF presuure and d was to much for the cats in the fourth making them shot the Fts or cause turnovers. I agree Pburg will not let the raiders beat them again in the region cuase if they both make the finals the cats will not be in the game cause the raiders will not have another game with 27 turnovers and 35% shooting.

Pburg wont let the raiders win again because they will make their free throws. SF had so many turnovers because of Prestonsburgs great Defense. Prestonsburg won't have another game with such a horrible free throw percentage hopefully!
This should not have been a game at all, Prestonsburg led by 12 going into the 4th, but South Floyd deserves all the credit here, our guys were nervous for some reason, even though they're probably the most experienced team in the 58th... It seemed to me like South Floyd wanted it way more than the Blackcats on Friday night.
it looked to me like P-burg started to play not to lose in the 4th quarter instead of playing to win. That and there free throw shooting was the safest thing SF could do to win the game. They might not shoot that bad in any game of the region, but they did for the finals of the district. I just wonder if the same thing starts to happen again if they are gonna feel the freethrow curse that they had in the dome.
No way South Floyd could beat Prestonsburg again. They were awful lucky the other night and seemed like this took alot of their celebrating after the game. Coach Hall is the sourest looking coach in the region and I can't tell if he is happy or sad. I hope they meet again because they are my two favorite teams in the tournament. Thats a fact.
the refs should have let them play more... but u cant say call illegal screens on Stanley when they wasn't callin fouls on whoever guarded Ryan Johnson. his jersey is 2 sizes too big now where it got pulled off him....lol
i myself like a physical game. thats how i played.
"Red and Black" Wrote:I think prestonsburg has missed a total of 40 free throws against SF this year, and SF has still only beat them by a combined 3 points in the 2 games, and they won the first game at the buzzer on a last second 3, and they won the district in the last 9 seconds, if pburg plays SF in the region, they will beat them by 10, mark my words, pburg wont lose to SF again, the biggest thing i saw in this game was the ref's inconsistency, JM Stephens fouled out on an "illegal Screen" but had the refs been calling this same call on SF then stephen stanley would have fouled out in the first half, terrible ref's for a district final, IMO, they should have let the boys play for it, not control the game, too many players fouled out for SF and pburg, i think both teams were in bonus with 5 minutes to go in the 2nd qtr, and with 7 minutes to go in the 4th, that's just picky ref's IMO, congrats to SF in the regional tourney, but u got lucky in the 58th

I'm not making excuses, but I agree.

Some of the calls were rediculous, especially the illegal screen on JM Stephens.
Prestonsburg whole style of play when they get a big lead is just ridiculous, they should notice a shift of momentum when they go into this offense and switch back to the one that got them the 12 point lead in the first place. I'm sorry I ever doubted SF, they are no doubt a good team, and you have to give it up for coach Hall, who picked up on the Blackcats barely being able to hit the rim on their FT's, therefore leading him to order his players to foul on a layup, wise decision on this night, maybe not in the future.
I really think we could see a rematch in the finals of the 15th. If South Floyd will utlize Stanley, NOBODY in their bracket can stop him and I mean nobody, he just too big and too good.
"gish" Wrote:I really think we could see a rematch in the finals of the 15th. If South Floyd will utlize Stanley, NOBODY in their bracket can stop him and I mean nobody, he just too big and too good.

Exactly. The good thing for SF though is that Little is just as good as Stanley. If they come to play, I don't look for anyone in their bracket to slow them down.