Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: SOUTH FLOYD 50, PRESTONSBURG 48 SF 58th district champs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
South Floyd hits two free throws in the closing seconds to win the 58th district tournament. Congratulations to Raiders. This is for everyone who doubted Barry Hall. Great win Raiders..

[smiley poster=grins:4bbbb13b14]SOUTH FLOYD 58TH DISTRICT CHAMPS[/smiley:4bbbb13b14]

smiley_30: 1er.gif

GOOD LUCK IN THE REGIONAL TOURNAMENT!!
Congrats to the Raiders
Congratulations Raiders!!!!
This is a hard one to swallow, Prestonsburg should have won this game, but just didn't get it done. Congrats to South Floyd though, did what they had to do.
Gish was that the official ending score. Im getting conflicting reports. I just heard that SF only won by 1. If my final score is not correct could you let me know..
That is the correct score Torqque. It was tied when Ryan J. went to line and he hit both of them. BGRBABE what do you think about the game?
Yes it is one of the correct score Torqque. Is it still tied when Ryan j went to line and he hit both of them anymore?
I think she agrees with you GISH.. Smile
Congrats SF

Anyone got any stats
Congrats to SF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Way to go Raiders, Great win for Barry Hall.. He deserves it.
As we say at South Floyd, the 58th got Raided!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Confusedhock: Wait a minute, you mean the Raiders won the championship? I remember reading somewhere that the Raiders weren't going to to even win the first game against Betsy Layne and then you beat Prestonsburg in the championship game? Confusedhock: ......Congratulations Raiders and Company!!! You guys never gave up after falling behind, way to go CHAMPS!!! :wink:
Prestonsburg was 9 of 29 shooting free throws
4 of 16 in the 4th quarter
Congrats South Floyd!
Good luck in the regional tourny P'burg!!!
I do believe that it appeared as if the athletic boys from Pburg done went at took well the tight Butt at the free throw line.

i was impressed at how the Raider's just kept hanging around, and as Ringo said Alot of people do the talking tonight they got shut up.
I won't be shutting up. P-burg is definitely the better team. I will say it no matter what. You just can't pull out a victory shooting 9 of 29 from the freethrow line plain and simple. I also heard on our local station here in P-burg during the re-run of the game that one team had 42 turnovers and the other had 24. Not sure which team had which but that's a lot of turnovers. P-burg played the way they needed to, but couldn't finish down the stretch. Congrats to SF on a great win. I'm glad to see P-burg lose now than to lose in the regional tournament. Hopefully they will get on another hot spell.
BTW, could someone explain to me why coach Crisp told P-burg to foul with the game tied and 9 seconds left in the game? Idiotic call imo. I'd rather get beat on a last second shot than to just give them two free ones. Didn't make sense to me at all.
He recevied an award as coach of the year and you start second guessing him? LOL
Yes I thought it was odd and to be honest the foul should have been a flagrant one because there was no attempt at the ball and crisp was at half court screaming for a foul. I must say it was different. i think his mindset was to get to take the last shot, which they did, but it was a lost caause.
Prestonsburg is a good team and they showed signs of that tonight. South Floyd had way to many turnovers and that was because of Prestonsburgs quickness. Raiders have now beat P-Burg twice this season and have won about 10 of the last 12 games. You can't go on records and rate a teams worthiness if teams play a different level of competition and I say this with no intention as to who The Blackcats have played because I don't know. I am sure they have played a tough schedule also. SF outrebounded The Cats by more than 20 and this helped contribute to the victory. Good teams find ways to win and especially when so much is at stake. I don't believe I will say South Floyd should be ranked in the top 8 or 9 or that they deserve to be in the top 4. They need to only look at themselves and understand they can beat anybody in the region and that any of the 7 other teams in the regional tournament can beat them. Records and rankings are out the window as of now so let em lace em up and see who celebrates next week. Good luck to Prestonsburg and Their fans (Great Band tonight) Good luck to South Floyd and their fans.
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:BTW, could someone explain to me why coach Crisp told P-burg to foul with the game tied and 9 seconds left in the game? Idiotic call imo. I'd rather get beat on a last second shot than to just give them two free ones. Didn't make sense to me at all.

I didn't understand that either BCF4L, I agree, with the situation as it was score tied, 3 SF players already fouled out and I think Stanley and Little both had 4 fouls each, I would have took my chances on getting beat on a last second shot or going to overtime instead of putting them on the line or if I was going to foul, I'd have done it at 15-16 seconds instead of 9. Just my opinion
maybe he was afraid SF would foul them
LOL
Thats funny.
Im sure proud of the Raiders. Barry done a wonderful job at getting this team to play together. I cant wait to watch the regional tourny. Good luck Raiders.
the better team won tonite... neither team played a good game, neither team shot well from the line....
they were down at least 10 twice tonite and they still put it together and won the game... good teams do that. if Pburg was so much better they wouldnt have blown the game...

GREAT WIN SF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So SF defeated Pburg at SF and on a neutral court. Pburg won at Pburg. I tend to beleive that teams win for a reason. The bcats came out with an opportunity to win and began to purr, they quit attacking and it killed them. They were out played, out coached, and out classed when it counted. Congradulations to Coach Hall, his staff and the 58th Dist champions. The South Floyd Raiders.
Congrates to the Raiders all that has to be said is read my location! Blackcatfan4life. For a team to have 27 turnovers and shot 305 and still win that tells you who the better team is and how good teams win games at the end. It was 42-30 with 6:30 left in the game and the raiders out scored the Blackcats 28-14 during the end of the game and had Wes Hall and ethan johnson foul out with 2 minutes left. joe osborne steped up play great D on Trevor the last minute and got the last rebound of the game. Good luck to both in the regioal but the better team won last night and that tough schedule looks to be paying off.
15th Regional All A titlle
58th district title
?
LOL LittleJ, if you're saying that SF is the better team because they shot 30% from the field and had 27 turnovers then I'd at least try to find a better stat to prove that. Yeah SF was down 12 with 6:30 to go, but SF got smart and fouled P-burg on easier shots and made them earn it from the free-throw line and that just didn't help P-burg out. Had P-burg hit their free-throws then this wouldn't have been a blowout. BUT, P-burg couldn't finish therefore SF won. I'm not saying SF isn't a good team, they are, but I still say P-burg is the better team. The 2 wins over P-burg combined still don't equal the score difference of the one game P-burg beat em. So I stand by my statement when I say P-burg is better.
"Doc Holliday" Wrote:maybe he was afraid SF would foul them
LOL
Hmmmmm.......you may be on to something there, I never thought of it like that.
Way to go Raiders. Proud of their mental thoughness and the heart to not give up. Good job Barry Hall and his staff.
Pages: 1 2 3