Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
73.68%
Paintsville
26.32%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Raceland 10/19
Tigers coming off emotional game with hazard. Rams in close one
This is one of the best games in the state this weekend. A great rivalry game with a lot of importance with it. Going to be a physical game like it is every year but I think Raceland wins. Don’t know by how much but I do believe turnovers and penalties could be a factor in it. Hope for an injury free game for both and let the battle begin
Rams 28-14
Rams too tough at home for Tigers! Rams don’t get an easy one but will win nonetheless.

Rams- 35
Tigers- 20
This will be the game we find out how good the QB Raceland picked up off the waiver wire is.
jetpilot Wrote:This will be the game we find out how good the QB Raceland picked up off the waiver wire is.

Jake is a Raceland kid. Always has been. The QB transfer came to Paintsville via LCA.
jetpilot Wrote:This will be the game we find out how good the QB Raceland picked up off the waiver wire is.

He wasn't picked up off of the waiver wire. He's a Raceland kid through and through. His dad was a starting running back at Raceland in the mid-nineties, I believe.
Jake has done a great job , he’s kind of like my oldest son in the sense that you play multiple sports , and travel ball play against kids from all over the United States , that prepares you for high school , he’s not nervous , the moment isn’t to big because he’s been put in those situations before , he’s a prime example of why kids should play multiple sports

Looks like Jett is setting up his excuses for when his plane crashes later on down the road! Can’t use the penalties again....it’s been done to death!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Looks like Jett is setting up his excuses for when his plane crashes later on down the road! Can’t use the penalties again....it’s been done to death!

That plane might not crash who knows, but first you guys better get by Paintsville before we worry about it
Tiggers have no shot!
Patriot1 Wrote:That plane might not crash who knows, but first you guys better get by Paintsville before we worry about it

We get two try’s....we will be there!! Will Pikeville?? Hahahah
I know everybody wants to compare score because that’s the only thing we really have to go by but.... something kinda stood out to me when looking at schedules.Raceland played their first class A team on the year last week.Looks like the other three teams in the hunt for the east has made a living on small schools this year! Hmmmm.....
I just rewatched Paintsville and Pikeville game. Pikevilles Big play abilitiy was the difference. Paintsville didn’t play to bad of a game defensively but was very vulnerable in the secondary. The run defense was pretty solid( except for those few super man Conner Roberts runs). Pikeville was a bad matchup for Paintsville.

The Hazard and Paintsville game kind of played into the strength of Paintsville which to me is stopping the run. They are built for it. Hazard got some success throwing the ball second half after starter Pelfrey left after breaking a big run to set up the bulldogs first score of the second half.

I’m not sure if Racelands stud running backs play both ways but if they don’t it may benefit them.

Anyone know if there will be live video broadcast of this one?
RAMDAD50 Wrote:We get two try’s....we will be there!! Will Pikeville?? Hahahah
I know everybody wants to compare score because that’s the only thing we really have to go by but.... something kinda stood out to me when looking at schedules.Raceland played their first class A team on the year last week.Looks like the other three teams in the hunt for the east has made a living on small schools this year! Hmmmm.....

I really do hope Pikeville is,too. Never said you wouldn’t just know anything can happen in any game. I don’t compare scores and Pikeville has played 3 1A schools but that is the schedule that’s who they play. A lot of games to play before the semi’s and hope both teams take care of business until then. We love to see Pikeville vs Raceland 2. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
bac2369 Wrote:I just rewatched Paintsville and Pikeville game. Pikevilles Big play abilitiy was the difference. Paintsville didn’t play to bad of a game defensively but was very vulnerable in the secondary. The run defense was pretty solid( except for those few super man Conner Roberts runs). Pikeville was a bad matchup for Paintsville.

The Hazard and Paintsville game kind of played into the strength of Paintsville which to me is stopping the run. They are built for it. Hazard got some success throwing the ball second half after starter Pelfrey left after breaking a big run to set up the bulldogs first score of the second half.

I’m not sure if Racelands stud running backs play both ways but if they don’t it may benefit them.

Anyone know if there will be live video broadcast of this one?
I know My Town TV will be there.
Slic Ric Wrote:I know My Town TV will be there.

Sure hope to watch it.
No..our backs don’t go both ways! I think the Rams might more problems with this game then some believe...at least I hope they do! We have played behind one time this year and that was in week two.Would love to see Taintsville go up 14 to see how the Rams respond.Like I said....this one is for fun!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:We get two try’s....we will be there!! Will Pikeville?? Hahahah
Belfry, Paintsville, LCA, Point Pleasant, Hazard, Phelps, Covington Holy Cross. Hazard and Phelps are district games, can’t avoid that. Point Pleasant was a VERY good 2A WV team, similar in size to being between Belfry 3A and a smaller 4A school. And they’re still undefeated on the season. Belfry is Belfry as always. Maybe not as dominant at recent years but still darn good. Paintsville was just a bad matchup for them like Bac pointed out. They’re good. LCA improved quite a bit, and Holy Cross was our return trip there for them playing here last year. Unlike some schools, we honor contracts we sign and show up to play. Raceland has played a very similar schedule with about the same quality of opponents.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Looks like Jett is setting up his excuses for when his plane crashes later on down the road! Can’t use the penalties again....it’s been done to death!

Won't use penalties because they will be called both ways at Pikeville unlike last year. Raceland fans would go nuts if there is 10 penalties called on them and a TD called back none on their opponent. But if the game does happen get there a little early and I will buy you all a hot dog and show you our four state championship trophies.Confusedhh:
sidelinedoc Wrote:Jake is a Raceland kid. Always has been. The QB transfer came to Paintsville via LCA.

My bad thought the Raceland QB transferred in.

But I was serious about this will be when we find out how good he is. Everyone knows Paintsville loads the box and brings the house on almost every play. I think Raceland has to establish their passing game to win this one. Paintsville is a little soft in the secondary IMO plus loading the box you have to take advantage of it...Tigers good against the run...

Should be a good one.
jetpilot Wrote:Won't use penalties because they will be called both ways at Pikeville unlike last year. Raceland fans would go nuts if there is 10 penalties called on them and a TD called back none on their opponent. But if the game does happen get there a little early and I will buy you all a hot dog and show you our four state championship trophies.Confusedhh:

I’ve seen them...you guys had lots of help from Texas with those Hahahah
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I’ve seen them...you guys had lots of help from Texas with those Hahahah

Keep telling yourself that lol...Confusednicker:
This game will be won up front.
^Raceland will not impose their will on Paintsville front 7 running the ball imho...
jetpilot Wrote:^Raceland will not impose their will on Paintsville front 7 running the ball imho...

Hazard stats show 221 yards, but 46 was on a fake punt. So 175 yards really.
Pelfrey left with 116 yards on 17 carries and 1 touchdown in the early 3rd quarter. So the rest of the team had 59 yards on 19 carries.

Raceland has two backs so they could wear Paintsville down.
^Both radio stations I listened to reported under 100 for Pelfrey. I think Hazard inflates his numbers a little lol...watch the Pikeville game he had like 170 and Hazard reported over 200. Anyhow I predict Raceland won't win this game pounding the running game. I've been wrong before.

I also think Paintsville has some surprises coming on offense at some point. No McClurg or Jaylyn Allen running the ball lately. At some point I am guessing they get carries again...
If the Rams are on their A game the Tigers have no shot.
jetpilot Wrote:^Both radio stations I listened to reported under 100 for Pelfrey. I think Hazard inflates his numbers a little lol...watch the Pikeville game he had like 170 and Hazard reported over 200. Anyhow I predict Raceland won't win this game pounding the running game. I've been wrong before.

I also think Paintsville has some surprises coming on offense at some point. No McClurg or Jaylyn Allen running the ball lately. At some point I am guessing they get carries again...

I know he got about 60 on 1 carry before he left the game in the Paintsville game. So I’m sure he got the other 57 in the first half. I believe if they inflated it be more than just 117.

I’m not sure how many he had the Pikeville but he got about every carry but a few.

I do agree on Paintsville opening the playbook up a little.
They will have to
Judd will get his Carrie's and continue to be the work horse. A fresh or even 80% hunter lacks running behind an OL that goes one way will wear most temps down. How many if Paintsvilles lineman go one way?