Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
80.00%
Raceland
20.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Ashland 8-24
Given our current situation, I think the RAMS need to use some Ali "Rope-a-Dope" Friday night.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I agree.

Then Pulp lets go back to last year Harlen County were better than they are this year according to their people I don’t knew. Ashland got beat by Harlen County 49 to 28, Hazard beat Harlan County 17 to 6. If my memory is correct Ashland beat Johnson Central so does that make Hazard the best in the east last year. We all know that’s not true Raceland won the east what I am trying to say we can’t compare scores or games to different teams. It’s all about the young men playing the game who decides who wins and loses. I hope Raceland wins this game because I have a great time reading their threads, heck I stay on their threads about as much as I do Pikevilles. They make me laugh and they talk really good football but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Patriot1 Wrote:Then Pulp lets go back to last year Harlen County were better than they are this year according to their people I don’t knew. Ashland got beat by Harlen County 49 to 28, Hazard beat Harlan County 17 to 6. If my memory is correct Ashland beat Johnson Central so does that make Hazard the best in the east last year. We all know that’s not true Raceland won the east what I am trying to say we can’t compare scores or games to different teams. It’s all about the young men playing the game who decides who wins and loses. I hope Raceland wins this game because I have a great time reading their threads, heck I stay on their threads about as much as I do Pikevilles. They make me laugh and they talk really good football but as always GO PANTHERS!!!

I agree , sometimes teams just match up better against other teams you see that in all sports.. Paintsville has been the favorite to come out of the east the last few years but have yet to do it , you have to be good , be lucky and stay healthy especially in 1A .
Anyone have pictures of Raceland's upgrades at their field? I hear it's looking more like a complex than just a field. The times I have been there, it was a tight fit and the field wasn't too great. The word on the street is that it's looking nice.
Not yet...still gotta put the top layer down on the track but all the curb and black top is done.Some fence work left to be done but it’s close
It just rained as hard as I’ve seen it rain in some time...and there is more to come! Wonder how Putnam field will hold up?
RAMDAD50 Wrote:It just rained as hard as I’ve seen it rain in some time...and there is more to come! Wonder how Putnam field will hold up?
So far it’s fine the field flooded a few years back because of a collapsed pipe. It’s been fixed and the field handles a lot of rain pretty well.:Thumbs:
Lots of rain still moving through ..this reminds me of the season we had a few years back,it rained about every game for the first 5 weeks of the season! I know at some point Friday the field will get a little sloppy.Who does this help Raceland or Assland ??
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Lots of rain still moving through ..this reminds me of the season we had a few years back,it rained about every game for the first 5 weeks of the season! I know at some point Friday the field will get a little sloppy.Who does this help Raceland or Assland ??

Huge down pour again just now ran by field no standing water. It’s not suppose to rain anymore till game time. Field will be fine. Sloppy field helps neither team.
@T-CATS, I heard your best D-lineman had an emergency appendectomy today. If this is true, that definitely helps Raceland’s offense a little.
EsseQuamVideri Wrote:@T-CATS, I heard your best D-lineman had an emergency appendectomy today. If this is true, that definitely helps Raceland’s offense a little.

If that’s true then I sincerely hate to hear that. I know we all have fun messing with each other but no one ever wants to see a kid go out with a serious health problem. Prayers for a speedy recovery!
Ashland - 28
Raceland - 27
Orange Blaze Wrote:If that’s true then I sincerely hate to hear that. I know we all have fun messing with each other but no one ever wants to see a kid go out with a serious health problem. Prayers for a speedy recovery!

Agree don’t like hearing that at all , prayers for a speedy recovery if this is true
FoSho's giving the Rams morencreditnthan I am right now. Im hoping Im bad wrong, and I think the game will be close for maybe a half. but Ashland looks awfully fadt and pretty polished for this early in the season. I dont think depth will be as much of a factor as it has been in so many years. I just dont know if our offense is clicking enough right now to put enough points up. Prove me wrong Rams!!! hoping i eat some crow!
If we can control the clock and limit turnovers then we will have a shot. One thing we cannot do is have three and outs and keep the defense on the field. If Ashland owns the time of possession I fear we could possibly see a running clock. However, if our offense can keep their weapons on the sidelines then I like our chances. We also have to do a better job at protecting the football than we did against Lawrence County. As has been the case in the past if we can somehow pull a win against Ashland then I believe it will springboard us toward a great season.
I'm really looking forward to hearing the outcome in this game. We are one day away.
EsseQuamVideri Wrote:@T-CATS, I heard your best D-lineman had an emergency appendectomy today. If this is true, that definitely helps Raceland’s offense a little.

Yes it wont hurt there chances any. Get well soon #7
T-CATS Wrote:Yes it wont hurt there chances any. Get well soon #7

I hope I didn't come across as anything but asking about the validity of what I heard. I hope he gets well and can return to football ASAP. I wasn't implying that I was rooting for Raceland, either. Was merely inquiring.
EsseQuamVideri Wrote:I hope I didn't come across as anything but asking about the validity of what I heard. I hope he gets well and can return to football ASAP. I wasn't implying that I was rooting for Raceland, either. Was merely inquiring.
Kid will miss a few weeks should be ready to go and none taken.
Orange Blaze Wrote:If we can control the clock and limit turnovers then we will have a shot. One thing we cannot do is have three and outs and keep the defense on the field. If Ashland owns the time of possession I fear we could possibly see a running clock. However, if our offense can keep their weapons on the sidelines then I like our chances. We also have to do a better job at protecting the football than we did against Lawrence County. As has been the case in the past if we can somehow pull a win against Ashland then I believe it will springboard us toward a great season.

what worries me blaze is the fact that they didnt need TOP in their favor last week. our offense needs to sustain drives and produce in the redzone. defensively Ashland has to earn it for us to have a chance. they hit alot of big plays last week. cant give up cheap scores. last year we did plenty to win defensively. offense has to be productive and consistent. not an easy task at putnam let alone w a 1st year QB.
Tomcats easily

49-20
Game day Rams-Tomcats good luck to both teams and hopefully both teams come out injury free, learn from mistakes made and both make deep playoff runs this fall.
Good luck to rams hope both sides stay injury 👍