Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland @ Ashland 8-24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who you got?
Not currently feeling too hot about this one. We have to clean things up offensively and maintain drives that reault in points and keep Ashlands offense off the field to have a shot in this game. Kicking game has to improve as well. if we give Ashland the Ball at the 40 evry time we r in for a long night.
Think Ashland wins the game just not sure if Raceland can stop Ashland’s high powered offense enough times to win the game.
Putty tats are pretty fast
Raceland can't trade scores & do not kick the ball to Hester or Brandt.

Ashland didn't get tested by Harlan County's defense. Very quick and easy TD's.

Several JC fans that went to the Beechwood scrimmage last night compared them to last years Ashland team. So if the Rams want to return to Kroger Field and bring home a golden football instead of a silver football, they'd better give Ashland their best shot. Use this game to see if your best is enough to win 1A or how much farther they have to go.

My prediction.... if Raceland wins, then they are on track to return to Kroger Field with a chance to knock off the Tigers. If Raceland gets beat no more than two TD's, they are still on track, but they have to keep grinding, cause Beechwood has a much tougher schedule than Raceland does. If Raceland gets beat 14+ points, I think Raceland still can make it to Kroger Field, but may see the same result as last year.
Adn yes, I want to see Raceland beat Ashland and win 1A.

After the 2015 season when JC got beat 36-6 by South Warren, you could see an obvious difference in the 2016 season in the areas where South Warren killed us. SW's overall team speed was something JC hadn't seen all season. The next year though, we got to play some teams early in the year that could match SW"s team speed and we were able to make plays that we couldn't make against SW. Not saying that team speed is the only thing JC worked on in the off-season or that is what Raceland needs to work on this season, but getting to play a team the same caliber as a team you possibly will see in the state finals with several weeks to work on things can only help the cause.
That’s a good assessment from Pulp Fiction. This will let Raceland know where they stand if they have dreams of winning state. Will Judd Adkins be back for the Rams? They will need to be full strength for this one. Ashland is really good this season and will be the best team Raceland plays until Beechwood.
Beechwood was the best team in 4 classes last year. They lost a bunch from last years team. Couldn’t really gage how good Ashland was because Harlan’s defense was so bad. The putty tats are very fast though. Raceland will be much faster than Harlan was tonight. I think depth will be our down fall.
T-Cats 35
Raceland 21
I think this game will be a fight but the depth for the rams just isn’t there. Gotta catch them tom cats to have a chance.
I don’t know if the Rams can contain the speed of the Tomcats. Offensively we have to be able to get in a rhythm and score early and often. Defensively I see us getting burnt deep and giving up several big plays. I think we will play with them for a half but the second half will wear us down. I hope I’m wrong but I think Ashland wins convincingly.

Ashland 45
Raceland 19
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Beechwood was the best team in 4 classes last year. They lost a bunch from last years team. Couldn’t really gage how good Ashland was because Harlan’s defense was so bad. The putty tats are very fast though. Raceland will be much faster than Harlan was tonight. I think depth will be our down fall.
Gotta call BS on that one. Beechwood wouldn't have beaten either 4a team, Danville, or Boyle. They were fortunate to beat Corbin and Somerset last year.
Kittins by 12. Kittens are very solid this year.
Hope im bad wrong but im leaning on it looking a little more like Blaze has predicted.
I like this game for the Rams.Doesnt matter if they get beat by 40...it’s important to play a team that’s faster and better then you to see where your at! Over the years Ashland talent level has fallen off and it looks like they are finally getting back to where they should be.I wish this game wasn’t the second game of the season! Would love to play this one right before our district games start so we can use it as a reset game.I believe we will play hard and hang in there for a half but u will see the lack of depth or a kicking game take its toll.Bye no means does this games out come have anything to do with where we will end up at the end of the year!
Going with Ashland at home or away. :popcorn:

Ashland 42
Raceland 21
As a Pikeville fan I will be interested too see how this one plays out.

Go Rams!!
nekysportsfan Wrote:That’s a good assessment from Pulp Fiction. This will let Raceland know where they stand if they have dreams of winning state. Will Judd Adkins be back for the Rams? They will need to be full strength for this one. Ashland is really good this season and will be the best team Raceland plays until Beechwood.
Sounds like Raceland is already penned in from the east side. I’ll be sure to let Pikeville, Paintsville, and Hazard know not to over exert themselves since it’s already decided. Gee, I hope if we are fortunate enough to get to play the mighty Rams, all our boys that are scared can get notes/excuses from their mommas to not play....

We will just take it a game at a time and see if we get to be lambs led to the slaughter. :worthy:
Ashland 42
Raceland 18

Cats too much. This one is close for a quarter and a half.
PHSForever Wrote:Sounds like Raceland is already penned in from the east side. I’ll be sure to let Pikeville, Paintsville, and Hazard know not to over exert themselves since it’s already decided. Gee, I hope if we are fortunate enough to get to play the mighty Rams, all our boys that are scared can get notes/excuses from their mommas to not play....

We will just take it a game at a time and see if we get to be lambs led to the slaughter. :worthy:

thata not a Raceland regular a I dont believe and if he is, he needs woke up a little. Yes we should definitely be in the hunt to get to Lex. but by no means are we penning anything in. Special teams must improve and the offense is still a good ways away from being championship caliber. we r further ahead defensively than I thought but we will def know more about qho we are at thia point after the meet up with the Kittens. they r super fast and suler atheletic and defensively really cover sideline to sideline really well. best Ashland defense I have seen in a few years.
I don’t understand all this lack of dept for Raceland , they are playing more kids this year than in the past more kids are only playing one way but I do agree with Racelands kicking game is terrible missed 4 of 5 extra points that will get u beat . Same player went the wrong way 2 times hanging the QB out to dry , lost 2 fumbles and jumped off sides gotta play better than that to beat good teams
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I don’t understand all this lack of dept for Raceland , they are playing more kids this year than in the past more kids are only playing one way but I do agree with Racelands kicking game is terrible missed 4 of 5 extra points that will get u beat . Same player went the wrong way 2 times hanging the QB out to dry , lost 2 fumbles and jumped off sides gotta play better than that to beat good teams

Way to throw a kid under the bus. #classy
Stop trolling Coupon...your week is soon coming!! You know the same ol same ol...we gonna beat Raceland this year blah blah blah.Greenup is so much better this year blah blah blah!!!
Then we play the game and it’s...just wait till next year!! I know you can hardly wait Coupon but you still gotta wait your turn
Rams lose by 2 tds no answer for there qb and rams sp teams are bad don't care how u slice it and for coupon till Gc beats someone of matter they are Gc
Win or lose. I would never call out a teenage kid on a public forum. You ram fans should be more bothered about it than i am.
Tomcats By Eleventy Billion:biglmao:
Coupon21 Wrote:Win or lose. I would never call out a teenage kid on a public forum. You ram fans should be more bothered about it than i am.

not bothered in the least. never called him out by name. more importantly, the boys that do read these sites get it. lifes not all sunshine and roses, bubble gum and lemon drops. we praise them when they succeed, but when they make mistakes, esecially ones a sr shouldnt make, we will let them know it just the same.
and theres not a single thing wrong with that. thats what makes these boys work harder and get better. bc everytime they turn around they arent recieving some false sense ego boosting smoke blown up their rear end.

now, back to the task at hand...Ashland has a ton of weapons. just watched some film and they r FAST at just about every position. if we give the Brandt kid a big cushion on the corners he will burn us on the underneath stuff. we have to get good pressure from our LBs and interior DL and contain Ratliff when the pocket breaks down. we gotta stay balanced defensively and put points on the board early.
I'll take Ashland by 14
Coupon21 Wrote:Win or lose. I would never call out a teenage kid on a public forum. You ram fans should be more bothered about it than i am.

Again consider the source your a jealous little fellow who’s team can’t play with the big boys so you sit behind your computer and trash other teams , the kid you say I was calling out had statistically the best game of his life , im just saying if we are gonna beat good teams we can’t make those mistakes , I also said we missed 4of 5 extra points I don’t see you defending the kicker, stop trying to make something where’s there’s not and worry about how your team can try and compete with the big boys Bc they can’t never have never will
What coupon don’t understand is for Raceland beating the Lawrence co’s , Ashland’s , Russell’s of the world is great and you want to win every game but that’s not the goal , you want your team getting better each game and when the games really count in the playoffs your playing your best . That’s not the case in greenup especially for people like coupon who stand on the sideline or in the stands trying the coach kids and going all in when trying to beat Raceland , Ashland and Russell and after going 0-3 or like last year 1-3 your lost all your attention was on the games when it boils down to it don’t matter other than getting better ,
PHSForever Wrote:Sounds like Raceland is already penned in from the east side. I’ll be sure to let Pikeville, Paintsville, and Hazard know not to over exert themselves since it’s already decided. Gee, I hope if we are fortunate enough to get to play the mighty Rams, all our boys that are scared can get notes/excuses from their mommas to not play....

Lambs and Rams? Freudian slip? LOL
Pages: 1 2 3