Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's your pick to win it all?
ColtPride Wrote:DeSales and CAL have the two best defenses in 2A. DeSales has held their schedule to under 100 points. They are big, fast, and physical. Any team that can beat them will earn it.

DeSales yes, CAL not so much.

I haven't seen DeSales against a team with a legitimate air game, but the front seven look as good as any I've seen. DeSales problem will be if they ever find themselves playing from behind. That defense may need to generate some points as I just don't see enough weapons on offense. But yes, the defense is as good as you will find in 2a.

CAL lost some key pieces to graduation. That front four isn't near as good as last season, especially at pressuring the passer. Everyone wants to blame their struggles on the QB being out. They got bigger issues, namely the trenches, that the QB coming back won't be enough to overcome.
Butler, and Ballard both aired it out. But most teams will have trouble keeping us out of the backfield. We have a nasty pass rush from both ends. We’ve had no issues scoring this year. We have a staple of backs that along with our o-line just start wearing defenses down. That’s exactly what we did to Butler. Pffadt our qb is also a threat to run.
Don’t kid yourself about CAL. That front four is really good. They are our rival, so we will get everything they have. If we are lucky enough to get by them then we’ll make the long trip to Mayfield. That one can go either way but Mayfield does have the home field advantage so it will be tough. But whoever comes out of the West I believe wins 2A.
1A Beechwwod
2A Danville
3A Boyle Co
4A Johnson Central
5A Covington Catholic
6A Trinity
Beechwood, DeSales, Belfry, Wayne Co. Cov Cath, Trinity(of course).
Change my pick for 3A, lol...

Yellowjackets!
1A- Beechwood
2A- Danville
3A- Central
4A- Johnson Central
5A- South Warren
6A- Scott County
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1A Beechwood 100%
2A Danville 75% Mayfield 25%
3A Belfry 50% Central 40% Corbin 10%
4A Wayne County 75% Johnson Central 25%
5A Cov Cath 95% Bowling Green 5%
6A Trinity 100%

IMHO, if you're not on the list above, you have no shot at a title. None whatsoever.

Not too bad.
3A and 4A are the only two classes left that could keep me from my list.
Hound05 Wrote:I think 6A and 5A are pretty much locks for the ‘Rocks and Cov Cath. 4A JC just because I don’t think there is to many to challenge them. It’s not their fault, they are a good team, just a down year for 4A. Now.....
As far as 1,2,3A. If beechwood and mayfield win their class I think corbin wins 3A. If they don’t, I’ll go with belfry. I say this because it’s hard to judge how good teams are based on their competition with other opponents. If they are as tough as everyone gives them and wins their class. I think corbin wins theirs. They beat mayfield and should have beat beechwood at home, but that’s another story. So I’m either going with

1A beechwood
2A mayfield
3A corbin or belfry depending on the outcome of 1/2A

I’m still setting pretty as well. I think 6,5, and 4 are probably locks. 1,2,3 will still be interesting but I’ll stick with my picks.
Beechwood
Mayfield
Corbin.
CS17 Wrote:1A: Beechwood
2A: Mayfield (Big Red Machine keeps rolling)
3A: Belfry
4A: JC
5A: Cov. Cath
6A: Trinity

Confidence in picks (least to most):
2A
3A
4A
5A
1A
6A

I'm sitting pretty well too... only pick that is not going to happen is 3A ( and i wasn't super confident in it anyways! But after watching the film on Danville, my confidence in Mayfield has gone up!:1:
killbilly usmc Wrote:You can't judge Corbin by the win over Mayfield. If you do that you will be mislead. I do not think Corbin is as good as most think, and I wouldn't pick them over Boyle County or Belfry. I hope I'm wrong and Corbin wins title, there who I'm pulling for.

How would you not pick them over Belfry? Central killed Belfry this year. Corbin beat Central.
1a Beechwood
2a Mayfield
3a Corbin
4a Johnson Central
5a Cov Cath
6a Trinity
mysonis55 Wrote:How would you not pick them over Belfry? Central killed Belfry this year. Corbin beat Central.

If you look at the date on his post it was submitted on November 12th. That was before the Belfry-Central game and the Central-Corbin game. :Thumbs:
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:1a Beechwood
2a Mayfield/ Danville depends on if dville gets some turnovers
3a Corbin/Belfry
4a Wayne County
5a Covington Catholic
6a Trinity

Before the hating starts, my pick in 3a goes back to the fact Boyle can’t score if the team across plays defense. There high school and middle run same offense, and witnessed first hand. High school team only faced one team that had a good defense in Danville and what happened.

A few points:

We played your "good defense" and lit it up like a Christmas tree.

Our coaching staff is probably the best in the state and demonstrated that last night.

You didn't have the better player at ANY position on the field...and for some reason leading up to the game you gave us ZERO respect.

But hey...at least you got that middle school "title", right?!?! Congrats!

Enjoy the crow, eat it like a man. Smile
IMO etowns defense was tougher than Corbin's. Not saying anything negative about Corbin's because they played well. We may have lost a game we should have one but didn't because I believe we beat ourselves but I truly believe that etown defense was maybe one of the best defenses we faced all year.
Is it to late for my picks? I'll give it a shot: 1A Beechwood, 2A Danville, 3A Boyle (hate to pick against my Pirates but I have a feeling), 4A Franklin Simpson (I just got a feeling) 5A Covington Catholic, 6A- I'm still thinking, I'll let you guys know tomorrow evening. Some may not agree but I feel confident with my picks!!!
We forget I think as fans that these are kids playing. Not us as fans but kids. Based on what the two teams last night are losing from graduation BOTH teams have a ton of talent not only coming back but coming up. I believe we both will see each other again. Unfortunately one team has to lose and it could go either way in any game. Proud of both teams heart and effort. There was not one kid out there not giving it their all, they have all been working hard for many many months. They are the ones that play, not us. We don't know what they are dealing with on the field. It's our jobs as parents and fans to just encourage our team, nothing more. Help them through the losses and be excited for them and celebrate with them through the victory's and keep them humble. IMO as a BCHS players dad.
More points:

Etowns defense was a tough matchup for the Boyle Co running game because of their speed and aggressiveness. Corbin, although good, was a better matchup because of their lack of team speed. We could outmuscle AND outquick the Redhounds.

The team speed of Boyle's O/D on the turf was a huge factor in the game.

All of the points scored by BC last night were scored by sophomores...excluding points by the kicker.

Boyle has the highest enrollment in school history this year and will almost certainly move to 4A after next season.
And one sophomore even hugged his mom.
BCHSrebs Wrote:And one sophomore even hugged his mom.

...and it was precious. 😊
FoSho Wrote:...and it was precious. 😊

Wasn't the TD that got to me but what happened after. Don't like him for that but it was awesome to see.
FoSho Wrote:More points:

Etowns defense was a tough matchup for the Boyle Co running game because of their speed and aggressiveness. Corbin, although good, was a better matchup because of their lack of team speed. We could outmuscle AND outquick the Redhounds.

The team speed of Boyle's O/D on the turf was a huge factor in the game.

All of the points scored by BC last night were scored by sophomores...excluding points by the kicker.

Boyle has the highest enrollment in school history this year and will almost certainly move to 4A after next season.

I really dont know what etown is losing for next year but if they aren't losing much, that will be a fun team to watch and a challenge for many that come in contact with them. Fast and relentless.
BCHSrebs Wrote:I really dont know what etown is losing for next year but if they aren't losing much, that will be a fun team to watch and a challenge for many that come in contact with them. Fast and relentless.

ETOWN losses, a LOT. I think they had 20+ seniors. They were really good last season, underrated then too, but that strong junior class. This year they just had the misforturne of being on Boyle's side. Etown and Boyle should have been the title game, in hindsight. In my mind Etown is the 2nd best team in 3A. Boyle a clear first.
smoke1015 Wrote:1A - Beechwood
2A - Danville
3A - Boyle
4A - Johnson Central
5A - Covington Catholic
6A - Trinity

I feel my picks are safe right now (Trinity wins easily). So other than the Johnson Central game which shocked me not bad. 3A I was the least confident about. I underestimated Franklin Simpson. I was rooting for JC but unfortunately Franklin Simp was better, todyay.
pjdoug Wrote:1A-Beechwood
2A-Danville
3A-Boyle County
4A Wayne County
5A Covington Catholic
6A Trinity

Can Trinity win today? Did I pick 5 out of 6 correctly? :biggrin: