Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who's your pick to win it all?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who's your pick to win it all in each class? No need to say "It's too early for this thread, we need to wait 2 more weeks." I think we all have a pretty good ideal who we "like" or "think" will win each class. [Image: giphy.gif]
1A - Beechwood
2A - Danville
3A - Belfry
4A - Johnson Central
5A - Covington Catholic
6A - Trinity
1A- Beechwood
2A- Mayfield
3A- Corbin :Cheerlead
4A- Johnson Central
5A- Covington Catholic
6A- Trinity
1A - Beechwood
2A - Danville
3A - Boyle County
4A - Johnson Central
5A - Covington Catholic
6A - Trinity
1A Beachwood
2A DeSales
3A Belfry
4A Johnson Central
5A Cov. Cath.
6A Trinity
1A - Beechwood
2A - Danville
3A - Belfry
4A - Johnson Central
5A - Covington Catholic
6A - Trinity
1A - Beechwood
2A - Danville
3A - Boyle
4A - Johnson Central
5A - Covington Catholic
6A - Trinity
I think 6A and 5A are pretty much locks for the ‘Rocks and Cov Cath. 4A JC just because I don’t think there is to many to challenge them. It’s not their fault, they are a good team, just a down year for 4A. Now.....
As far as 1,2,3A. If beechwood and mayfield win their class I think corbin wins 3A. If they don’t, I’ll go with belfry. I say this because it’s hard to judge how good teams are based on their competition with other opponents. If they are as tough as everyone gives them and wins their class. I think corbin wins theirs. They beat mayfield and should have beat beechwood at home, but that’s another story. So I’m either going with

1A beechwood
2A mayfield
3A corbin or belfry depending on the outcome of 1/2A
You can't judge Corbin by the win over Mayfield. If you do that you will be mislead. I do not think Corbin is as good as most think, and I wouldn't pick them over Boyle County or Belfry. I hope I'm wrong and Corbin wins title, there who I'm pulling for.
Looks good to me 64SUR I am a M Cards fan through and through but, still some good teams in 2A have to see Go Cards.
JC may win 4a but not without a challenge from Wayne. I'll take Wayne to win 4a.
killbilly usmc Wrote:You can't judge Corbin by the win over Mayfield. If you do that you will be mislead. I do not think Corbin is as good as most think, and I wouldn't pick them over Boyle County or Belfry. I hope I'm wrong and Corbin wins title, there who I'm pulling for.

Killlbillyusa you should’ve throw in Alcoa TN also. Hunt for #6 is real :truestory:
IMO 1A, 5A, 6A are the most lopsided with favorites Beechwood, Covington Catholic and Trinity. 2A-4A are harder to say at this point for me. 2A is loaded with contenders and 3A has as many as 4 or 5. 4A is a little thinner with Wayne, JC, and I won't leave out Ashland because of their win over JC. If your team makes it this Friday, everything just keeps getting tougher from there. Good luck to everyone left in it!
1A-Beechwood
2A-Danville
3A-Boyle County
4A-Wayne County
5A-Covington Catholic
6A-Trinity
A - Beechwood
AA - DeSales
AAA - Boyle County
AAAA - Wayne County
AAAAA - CovCath
AAAAAA - St. Xavier
1A Beechwood
2A DeSales
3A Boyle County
4A Wayne County
5A Covington Catholic
6A Trinity
1A. Paintsville
2A. Danville
3A. Belfry.
4A. Wayne County
5A. Cov. Cath
6A. Trinity.
1a Beechwood
2a Mayfield/ Danville depends on if dville gets some turnovers
3a Corbin/Belfry
4a Wayne County
5a Covington Catholic
6a Trinity

Before the hating starts, my pick in 3a goes back to the fact Boyle can’t score if the team across plays defense. There high school and middle run same offense, and witnessed first hand. High school team only faced one team that had a good defense in Danville and what happened.
Very few picking Mayfield to win their class, we shall see.
1A Beechwood- Coach Rash does a great job!
2A mayfield beats a pesty Danville team 35-21- if vancleave can be contained. Kids a beast. If they can't contain him and dville gives him the ball more than 10-12 times they win it all.
3A Coach Smiths boys get back in the mix
4A Wayne County- Shawn Thompson for coach of the year 2007-2017 era.
5A Coach French and crew shock everyone. Actually think they get beat by cov cath but they'll be there. And he'll have em prepared.
6A. Trinity. Who else
1A Beechwood
2A Danville
3A Belfry
4A Johnson Central
5A Covington Catholic
6A Trinity
blue55 Wrote:Very few picking Mayfield to win their class, we shall see.

Hey bubba I picked mayfield hope you’ll get it done, just don’t turn it over to Danville they capitalize. Watched them play Knox and every turnover led to a score is all I was saying.
1A-Beechwood
2A-Danville
3A-Boyle County
4A-Wayne County
5A-Southwestern
6A-Trinity
1A-Beechwood
2A-Danville
3A-Boyle County
4A Wayne County
5A Covington Catholic
6A Trinity
I'm not sure that Beechwood has 1A wrapped up .
oldschool77 Wrote:JC may win 4a but not without a challenge from Wayne. I'll take Wayne to win 4a.

I think some are underestimating Wayne County Smile
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:1a Beechwood
3a Corbin/Belfry
4a Wayne County
5a Covington Catholic
6a Trinity

Before the hating starts, my pick in 3a goes back to the fact Boyle can’t score if the team across plays defense. There high school and middle run same offense, and witnessed first hand. High school team only faced one team that had a good defense in Danville and what happened.

Which game didn't they score in? Collins defense is horrible and Wayne County's is too :biggrin:
1a. Beechwood
2a. Mayfield
3a. Corbin
4a. Johnson Central
5a. Bowling Green
6a. Trinity
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:1a Beechwood
3a Corbin/Belfry
4a Wayne County
5a Covington Catholic
6a Trinity

573 points through 12 games.....I'd say they can score points..... I'd also say that Lex Cath, Mercer County, Wayne County and Collins are pretty good football teams. Throw in the Hardin schools and Waggener and their battle tested along with playing the 2A potential Champions. An absolute absurd statement to say a team averaging 48 points a game can't score if someone plays defense. I'm sure they weren't scoring on air in these games. Either way you'll see the Rebels back in the big show.
1A Beechwood.
2A Danville.
3A Belfry. Have to many scorers to contain.
4A JC.
5A Cov Cath.
6A Trinity. Who else?
Pages: 1 2 3