Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel @ North Laurel 11/04/16
Sig Wrote:Where are all you South Laurel people at now? LoL......ha ha

LOL have to agree with you there Sig, guess they will be listening to North on the radio next Friday night! :Clap:
Great football game to watch. Norths line on both sides of the ball was the difference. Sizemore and Grubb both was fun to watch.
Tight End Wrote:LOL have to agree with you there Sig, guess they will be listening to North on the radio next Friday night! :Clap:

Not sure about today but looked like South had more fans than North at the game last night. Whats up with all the empty bleachers at North? Larkey has done a fine job getting the football program going at North and then the 1st game of the playoffs against the county rival and the home stands were at about 50% capacity.....Is this normal or something else going on last night to keep the crowd down?

As far as radio goes.....Joel does a great job calling the games but I think the Whitley-Pulaski game will be much more competitive, so i'll just take the short drive south. I won't lie though, I may listen in just a tad to the North game.:Thumbs::Thumbs:
I wondered same thing. Looked empty. We didn't get there till 15 mins till kickoff and I told the kids we gonna have to park a mile away. I parked right behind gym and there was still a lot of parking there.
Larkey is a great coach. He one of the best and I love Messing with him on here. He should thank me for the heads up giving Sizemore touches. Kid ain't the fastest and the best so called back. Kid just gets it done. End of story.
Ya but....he can't hold on to the football!!!!!! He's fumbled around 3 times a game latley....if he does that against Sw Pulaski, North will lose for sure!
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Superman Grubb was out saving Gotham in their last meeting, but he has finally returned to the Cardinal's nest, so the Jags aren't going to be so lucky this time!:truestory:

Did Superman not show up.
Sig Wrote:Ya but....he can't hold on to the football!!!!!! He's fumbled around 3 times a game latley....if he does that against Sw Pulaski, North will lose for sure!

Like I said before no guarantee with the different stuff North has done this season he will be carrying the ball much the next game. North has mixed it up a lot this season.
Win or not, it's pretty obvious to me that South improved this year and North regressed a bit. I don't think anyone can deny that. This week will be the end of the road for North this season.
Been a while since I've posted anything. The JAGS have been on & off to the point I didn't have much to say, but I've read a lot of post! Dad all ways use to say "Better to keep your mouth shout & let people think your a fool than to open it & leave no doubt!!" LOL!!! I think from some of the posts I've read that there is a few more that need to practice this old saying!! First congrats JAGS for advancing! Also Congrats to Coach Larkey for getting his 50th win as head coach this year!! You got a ways to go to catch up with Dad but I'm sure you've got it your blood to do it!!! The game now vs. the other school. Looks like Superman's Kryptonite is the JAGS when it comes to football and by the way he was at the last game and not Gotham! Plus the others over the last 4 years!! Sizemore & Rodriquez both had a great game and the O'line stepped up and made some great blocks for them in this game! So here's to the JAGS "Congrats!" The county belongs to you, as well as the "Series Lead!!!"
God Bless & Go JAGS
:truestory:
TouchdownJaguars Wrote:Been a while since I've posted anything. The JAGS have been on & off to the point I didn't have much to say, but I've read a lot of post! Dad all ways use to say "Better to keep your mouth shout & let people think your a fool than to open it & leave no doubt!!" LOL!!! I think from some of the posts I've read that there is a few more that need to practice this old saying!! First congrats JAGS for advancing! Also Congrats to Coach Larkey for getting his 50th win as head coach this year!! You got a ways to go to catch up with Dad but I'm sure you've got it your blood to do it!!! The game now vs. the other school. Looks like Superman's Kryptonite is the JAGS when it comes to football and by the way he was at the last game and not Gotham! Plus the others over the last 4 years!! Sizemore & Rodriquez both had a great game and the O'line stepped up and made some great blocks for them in this game! So here's to the JAGS "Congrats!" The county belongs to you, as well as the "Series Lead!!!"
God Bless & Go JAGS
:truestory:

Actually, from what I could tell, the Jags was definitely not Supermans kryptonite. When you score 6 touchdowns in a game, the other team obviously didn't stop you. That would've been like South winning that game, and saying they stopped Sizemore with 7 touchdowns. Kind of stupid isn't it? Grubb couldn't do it all for them. The offensive line, and two blocking backs for North was as much MVP as anyone.
But yeah, go ahead and bad mouth and talk smack about a senior in high school on a message board. So much for not opening your mouth and removing all doubt, huh?
Listen, you and I disagree on another topic, but one we agree on is this----Grubb is a fabulous player. I said earlier on another thread that I think he is the best two-sport athlete I can remember in Laurel Co. since Neil Warren at South 15-16 or so years ago. I might be forgetting somebody, Marcus Carson was unbelievable at baseball, good but not great at basketball. Probably would have been a superstar in football had he played. Grubb basically produced all of South's points, they just didn't have enough, especially up front on defense, to keep North from scoring. South was improved, especially after Grubb switched to qb (where he should have been for four years, I always thought that), not sure if that will continue next year with him gone. North, meanwhile, only has five seniors, only a couple of those are key players, so they definitely should be better next year.
Van Hagar Wrote:Listen, you and I disagree on another topic, but one we agree on is this----Grubb is a fabulous player. I said earlier on another thread that I think he is the best two-sport athlete I can remember in Laurel Co. since Neil Warren at South 15-16 or so years ago. I might be forgetting somebody, Marcus Carson was unbelievable at baseball, good but not great at basketball. Probably would have been a superstar in football had he played. Grubb basically produced all of South's points, they just didn't have enough, especially up front on defense, to keep North from scoring. South was improved, especially after Grubb switched to qb (where he should have been for four years, I always thought that), not sure if that will continue next year with him gone. North, meanwhile, only has five seniors, only a couple of those are key players, so they definitely should be better next year.

I agree 100%. Grubb should've been qb since he was a freshman, but he's really had no interest in being qb and was in there out of necessity. I also agree that North will be a lot better next year. All of their better players was juniors this year and like you said, only lose a few seniors. They will win their district with ease next year. If I was them, I'd beef up the rest of my schedule for that very reason. As far as South goes, I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid you'll see them take several steps back next year. Not only because of the bunch of really good skill players they lose this year, but because of their qb issue for the foreseeable future. They do have several good freshman and a really good freshman to be (kid transferred in from Dayton, Ohio) that will help next year. They also have a freshman that just moved in from Memphis that is suppose to be a real good football player.
ky playmaker Wrote:Larkey is a great coach. He one of the best and I love Messing with him on here. He should thank me for the heads up giving Sizemore touches. Kid ain't the fastest and the best so called back. Kid just gets it done. End of story.

mediocre at best.
^You mean, like your posts?
You people sure are all up in your feelings up in here! LOL
All I know is that I saw good team win, and a team that was known for laying down stepped up to play and did not lay down and had a good season First time in a long time that both programs are competitive here in the county.
Van Hagar Wrote:^You mean, like your posts?

No. I meant like your posts and your coach
pjdoug Wrote:No. I meant like your posts and your coach

What did Chris Larkey do, pee in your cheerios. All I know is he took a north program that was a laughing stock and made them competitive and actually competitive and made football relevant at north. I think you should just go say what you want to his face.
diceman Wrote:What did Chris Larkey do, pee in your cheerios. All I know is he took a north program that was a laughing stock and made them competitive and actually competitive and made football relevant at north. I think you should just go say what you want to his face.

No .I just stated a fact.I don't sugar cost and I'm not politically correct. He is not a GREAT coach and I'm so so scared to talk to him face to face.you're a lame a$$ for trying to threaten me for not agreeing with youConfusednicker::lame::gtfo:
^I know you just like to make ignorant statements to get a rise out of folks, I mean you couldn't possibly be as clueless as you come across on here. Could you?
He isn't clueless, he is just stupid.
Van Hagar Wrote:^I know you just like to make ignorant statements to get a rise out of folks, I mean you couldn't possibly be as clueless as you come across on here. Could you?

No. I like to laugh at ignorant ,delusional people like you that don't know the difference in mediocre and great.
diceman Wrote:He isn't clueless, he is just stupid.

born stupid or did you evolve? Your Jaguars are mediocre as usual.keep acting stupid. I'll set the hook and reel you in.
I never said Larkey was a great coach hoss, but he's certainly not mediocre, I would put him in the very good category. As for mediocre, we've had a lot more success than your Colonels during his tenure, and even this year we are in the exact same spot in the season, so you know that doesn't make any sense either. Now I'm done with this foolishness with you, Trump just said we all need to get along in his victory speech, so we will see how long that lasts.
Van Hagar Wrote:I never said Larkey was a great coach hoss, but he's certainly not mediocre, I would put him in the very good category. As for mediocre, we've had a lot more success than your Colonels during his tenure, and even this year we are in the exact same spot in the season, so you know that doesn't make any sense either. Now I'm done with this foolishness with you, Trump just said we all need to get along in his victory speech, so we will see how long that lasts.

I quoted the one that said great then you jumped in Smile. a lot more success. You should compete for a state championship every year but you remain in mediocrity and brag about it. it won't last long Smile. I don't see you as his supporter. He doesn't sugar coat and you do.
Lasted about as long as I thought it would.
Warriors in a rout !