Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buckhorn 54 PCC 51
Anyone got any stats from the game? Shooting stats only?
Here are the shooting stats.

It's obvious that Tobler was the weak link and getting him the ball more wouldn't have helped.
Buckhorn 54-PCC 51!!
Only Stat that matters!!!!
E's Army Wrote:It doesn't take a large recruiting budget to win a region

I'm thinking they will be some recruiting cordinators looking for jobs this off season.
zaga_fan Wrote:Here are the shooting stats.

It's obvious that Tobler was the weak link and getting him the ball more wouldn't have helped.

Tobler was 10 of 11 from the floor shooting 90%..... I would have kept feeding him all nighttttttttttttt. Jmo :popcorn:
It's amazing to me how people change from the WYMT tourney to the regional tournament. Most of you said that Shannon was the best coach in the mountains after the WYMT. Now you want to fire him. Wow! I definitely would have done things differently and my guards would have thrown the ball inside to Tobler or they would have been on the bench. My problem with Shannon is that he won't play but 6 players. That's ridiculous! He is 9 deep all day long! Our kids were exhausted! And yes it was his fault. Was the loss his fault? In my opinion,yes, definitely! He's human and so are the players. We lost a basketball game and the world will not stop tomorrow. Shannon loves his kids and he loves basketball. He done what he thought was best. Do I agree? No , not by any means but he's the coach.
I agree with what your saying but 3 out of the 4 left were district runners up and your a Heavy Favorite. This team and Coaching staff was not well prepared. Pressure got to them in the biggest game of the year with 3 seniors and a center that was unstoppable. A freshmen took the last shot for them to win! Its a hard pill to swallow and Hoskins is a good guy Im not saying fire him. Regional runners up 4 out of the last 5 years. Just to throw this at you recruiting does not all ways help your program!! Paige Johnson and Tolber how many times they played in the sweet 16! Paige and Johnson are stand outs at both of there college schools. Coaching has a lot to do with it.
Maybe one of the reasons why pressure constantly gets to these kids and coaches at Perry is that every time they lose a game everyone wants to fire someone.
Paparazzi Wrote:It's amazing to me how people change from the WYMT tourney to the regional tournament. Most of you said that Shannon was the best coach in the mountains after the WYMT. Now you want to fire him. Wow! I definitely would have done things differently and my guards would have thrown the ball inside to Tobler or they would have been on the bench. My problem with Shannon is that he won't play but 6 players. That's ridiculous! He is 9 deep all day long! Our kids were exhausted! And yes it was his fault. Was the loss his fault? In my opinion,yes, definitely! He's human and so are the players. We lost a basketball game and the world will not stop tomorrow. Shannon loves his kids and he loves basketball. He done what he thought was best. Do I agree? No , not by any means but he's the coach.

If Perry had gone to Tobler ever time down the floor they would have lost by 20! I guess that's why your not the coach!!!

Buckhorn played 8 Perry played 7, in high school basketball you play 8 minute quarters, with a 10 minute halftime and 4 time outs per team (I think). This may be the lamest excuse I have ever seen.
64SUR Wrote:Tobler was 10 of 11 from the floor shooting 90%..... I would have kept feeding him all nighttttttttttttt. Jmo :popcorn:

And you would have lost by 20 instead of 3 and having a shot to win. Perry does not play that way. They won with ball movement and penetration, with 4 excellent shooter's in the game at all times. John basically let Tobler go 10 of 11 keeping the 3pt shooters from beating him.
It's crazy that prior to this game there wasn't even a prediction thread because everyone assumed the game's outcome was already decided. Congrats Wildcats!
Read on another website that Heston Beverly would be Perry's new coach next season. IDK. 25-4 record isn't exactly to shabby considering Braxton left Commodore Nation.
The Horn blows loudly.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:And you would have lost by 20 instead of 3 and having a shot to win. Perry does not play that way. They won with ball movement and penetration, with 4 excellent shooter's in the game at all times. John basically let Tobler go 10 of 11 keeping the 3pt shooters from beating him.

First of all we don't make excuses. We got our butt kicked. I was talking strategy and apparently you didn't watch the game. Our three point shooters tried to win the game and couldn't buy one. Noble didn't give Tobler a damn thing. He had 3 players all around him. He earned every single point and if you know anything about basketball you would know that 3 point shooters shoot better when you are working inside out. It takes the pressure off. We slowed the game down. Foolish! If you are a lot more talented team you want to up the tempo and get more possessions not walk it up the floor.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Read on another website that Heston Beverly would be Perry's new coach next season. IDK. 25-4 record isn't exactly to shabby considering Braxton left Commodore Nation.

Heston never could even win the Perry county grade school tournament! Lol
Paparazzi Wrote:First of all we don't make excuses. We got our butt kicked. I was talking strategy and apparently you didn't watch the game. Our three point shooters tried to win the game and couldn't buy one. Noble didn't give Tobler a damn thing. He had 3 players all around him. He earned every single point and if you know anything about basketball you would know that 3 point shooters shoot better when you are working inside out. It takes the pressure off. We slowed the game down. Foolish! If you are a lot more talented team you want to up the tempo and get more possessions not walk it up the floor.

About 80% of what you just said is the same thing I said. Geez!!!
Don't know why the difference was so great [ maybe they dident take it to the basket enough or what ] but buckhorn shoot 13 freebies and perry shot 4 perry made 1 more fieldgoal than buckhorn.
I can't believe anybody would say that if perry went inside more they would have lost by 20. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Buckhorn didn't stop tobler 1 time, not once. The field goal he missed was because he shot it over the goal. And if u go inside more that opens up the three point shooters. Anybody who knows anything about basketball knows that. If perry would have went inside just in the overtime period they would have won by at least six points. And after all of that happened at the end of the overtime when buckhorn went up one point with 22 seconds left and perry brought the ball up the court and if u don't get a shot within 10 seconds u call a time out with 10 or 12 seconds to go to give your team a good play. Shannon didnt
Great TEAM win by Buckhorn! Connor Hoskins proved to all the doubters that he is the best player in the 14th Region!!
hitter Wrote:I can't believe anybody would say that if perry went inside more they would have lost by 20. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Buckhorn didn't stop tobler 1 time, not once. The field goal he missed was because he shot it over the goal. And if u go inside more that opens up the three point shooters. Anybody who knows anything about basketball knows that. If perry would have went inside just in the overtime period they would have won by at least six points. And after all of that happened at the end of the overtime when buckhorn went up one point with 22 seconds left and perry brought the ball up the court and if u don't get a shot within 10 seconds u call a time out with 10 or 12 seconds to go to give your team a good play. Shannon didnt

That's exactly right! Buckhorn didn't stop him and he only had 21 points. Buckhorn stopped Perry's three point shooters! Tobler could not and will never score enough to win a game!!! You hitter are the one that knows nothing about basketball.
The Horn Blows Loudly
Great TEAM win by Buckhorn. Connor Hoskins proved to all the doubters that he is the best player in the 14th region!
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/10t2qy.jpg] Wowza! What a game and the concessions were hit hard baby all week long! Trussme! Ole Fatpat wishes the Buckaroos and the Noble one best of luck from Patriot Nation! #representbaby More mash taters please!!!
dore20 Wrote:Congrats to Buckhorn. The best team dose not always win. Tough loss to swallow knowing my Dores were the number 1 team in the region all year. But happy for John Noble. Truly a class act and a great guy.

way to go Buckhorn!