Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 2016
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Come on slic Ric don't make me deliver a Dusty elbow

I'll have to give you the Booger Bomb if you get too rough on my ole buddy Slic Ric ! ! ! ! !
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:I'll have to give you the Booger Bomb if you get too rough on my ole buddy Slic Ric ! ! ! ! !

Battle Royal
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Battle Royal

Triple Threat Match :biggrin:for the title.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Come on slic Ric don't make me deliver a Dusty elbow

Let's just say that the deal was "nixed" by Mr. McMahon...end of story. That's all I am at liberty to say...:eyeroll:

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/002/578/237/VinceYells_crop_north.png?w=404&h=269&q=75
You know what Mr. McMahon's favorite saying is "You're Fired ! ! ! "
Slic Ric Wrote:Let's just say that the deal was "nixed" by Mr. McMahon...end of story. That's all I am at liberty to say...:eyeroll:

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/slides/photos/002/578/237/VinceYells_crop_north.png?w=404&h=269&q=75

I'm more of a Gordon sully fan
Who will be the Devils QB?
Caldwell was an excellent QB in JFL and Middle School.
If they dont gove Caldwell a shot at QB, they are crazy. Very atheletic and already familiar with the system, very accurate in the intermediate passing game. I think Russell has a few atheletes to choose from at QB and WR though. My queation is who is goina progect the QB amd open up holes for the RBs?
Didn't Russell use a Freshmen or sophomore when their qb was hurt last year . I would think that's who they are gonna have as their qb
A friend of mine who teachers out at Boyd told me they had a kid enroll at Russell this week. Anyone noticed a new face around the football team?
Enroll at Boyd from Russell Or at Russell from Boyd??
At Russell from Boyd
Russell 2016 Schedule
8/26 H Larue County
9/2 H Ironton (OH)
9/9 A Ashland Paul G. Blazer
9/16 H ????? (Boyd County?????)
9/23 H ????? (West Carter?????)
9/30 A Fleming County
10/7 H ????? (Pendleton County?????)
10/14 H ????? (Lewis County?????)
10/21 A ????? (Bath County?????)
10/28 A Raceland-Worthington
7-3 will be there record if they can get past all their district foes. Ironton and Ashland games will be ugly but TJs awful coaching might be good enough to win a very weak district. Raceland once again will be the best team in Greenup county. I long for the days when we competed for state titles, now we're lucky to beat Fleming County. Any year that you don't win this district at Russell and lose to any team in Greenup County is a complete failure at Russell.
EagleFan89 Wrote:Russell 2016 Schedule
8/26 H Larue County
9/2 H Ironton (OH)
9/16 H ????? (Boyd County?????)
9/23 H ????? (West Carter?????)
9/30 A Fleming County
10/7 H ????? (Pendleton County?????)
10/14 H ????? (Lewis County?????)
10/21 A ????? (Bath County?????)

I would think the first game would be Greenup County instead of Larue County that's how its been for a long time unless they(Russell or Greenup County) canceled the series,which would surprise me with how Greenup has been improving.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I would think the first game would be Greenup County instead of Larue County that's how its been for a long time unless they(Russell or Greenup County) canceled the series,which would surprise me with how Greenup has been improving.

I think that schedule came from MaxPreps. They're not always very reliable when it comes to schedules.

Assuming Russell's schedule looks like last year's, I could see them going 8-2. Raceland will be tough, but Ashland, Ironton and West Carter should all be down from last season. The Greenup and Fleming Co. games will be interesting.

Offensive and defensive lines will be the key for Russell, IMO. If the returning linemen have put in the necessary work, it wouldn't surprise me if Russell goes unbeaten.
An inside needs to post a schedule if it is wrong. Or get it posted to riherds. Sources of schedule upthread varies.
Russell 2016 Schedule
8/26 ????? A Greenup County
9/2 H Ironton (OH)
9/16 ????? (H Boyd County?????)
9/23 ????? (H West Carter?????)
9/30 A Fleming County
10/7 ????? (H Pendleton County?????)
10/14 ????? (H Lewis County?????)
10/21 ????? (A Bath County?????)
Looks to be a pretty week schedule for the Red Devils.
The district scheduale is very weak and it will be a real struge for the Devils who have lacked complete identity on both sides of the ball since the Maynard era began at Russell. A lack physicalty up front and poor schemes on both sides of the ball could make for another frustrating year for us die hards in Flatwoods. Russell must establish balance on offense and some toughness on defense against the run. Devils have been creampuffs against the run and abismal when it comes to a balanced attack on offense. IF NOTHING CHANGES THEN NOTHING CHANGES!!!
I didn't know the Devils still fielded a team. I thought they gave up football for an all boys curling team
RAM-A-DEVIL we just might be able to beat you all in curling as long as Maynard ain't the coach!!! Lol sad times in flatwoods....
Has anyone saw Russell practice? How are things looking up on Red Devil hill?
Russell full official Schedule

Aug 27, 16 Greenup County away 7:30 PM
Sep 2, 16 Ironton, OH home 7:30 PM
Sep 9, 16 Ashland Blazer away 7:30 PM
Sep 16, 16 Boyd County home 7:30 PM
Sep 23, 16 West Carter home 7:30 PM
Sep 30, 16 Fleming County away 7:30 PM
Oct 7, 16 Pendleton County home 8:00 PM
Oct 14, 16 Lewis County home 7:30 PM
Oct 21, 16 Bath County away 7:30 PM
Oct 28, 16 Raceland away 7:30 PM
Pretty weak like always
Club17 Wrote:At Russell from Boyd

I won't state his name on here, but a decent player - gonna play on OL and DL....the downside, can lose his head easily
The Russell schedule is pretty weak, but they have to play the district games. That is five games right there they can do nothing about. The other games are local money makers. It all comes down to the money in the long run. They can not control how good the teams in the district are.
Big Blue 4 Life Wrote:The Russell schedule is pretty weak, but they have to play the district games. That is five games right there they can do nothing about. The other games are local money makers. It all comes down to the money in the long run. They can not control how good the teams in the district are.

I've been saying for a while that Russell could end the series with Boyd Co. and not many people on either side would lose sleep over it. I mean no disrespect to Boyd but, of the five non district games, they're the weakest link right now. I'd like to see them replaced with someone that Russell would be a clear underdog to, like Wheelersburg or Johnson Central.
samson81 Wrote:I've been saying for a while that Russell could end the series with Boyd Co. and not many people on either side would lose sleep over it. I mean no disrespect to Boyd but, of the five non district games, they're the weakest link right now. I'd like to see them replaced with someone that Russell would be a clear underdog to, like Wheelersburg or Johnson Central.

After only losing 3 or 4 seniors that played much last year, Boyd will likely give Russell more than they want this year. Print this out and save it til Sept 16. I'll refrain from gloating til then.