Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville '07
Old School Wrote:Does anyone know what Paintsville's non-district schedule looks like?
Allen had scheduled to open with Clay Co. As well as a couple other very good teams then add johnson central, and we had a very tough schedule!
I think someone went over his head, or behind his back and got some games changed though. In '08 he had scheduled to open at Papa John's Stadium against Jtown, but has been told they could'nt afford to send them!!!
let me say this about that!!!
If I am still Sports Boosters President, and he wants to take his team on that trip....HE WILL HAVE THE FUNDS FOR IT!!! WE paid for 2 charter buses to take our basketball teams to Fla.!!! If the Football team can't spend 1 damn night in Louisville, That would be shamefull!
The Guru Wrote:Allen had scheduled to open with Clay Co. As well as a couple other very good teams then add johnson central, and we had a very tough schedule!
I think someone went over his head, or behind his back and got some games changed though. In '08 he had scheduled to open at Papa John's Stadium against Jtown, but has been told they could'nt afford to send them!!!
If I am still Sports Boosters President, and he wants to take his team on that trip....HE WILL HAVE THE FUNDS FOR IT!!! WE paid for 2 charter buses to take our basketball teams to Fla.!!! If the Football team can't spend 1 damn night in Louisville, That would be shamefull!

NO **** Guru. We never got anything for football when I was in high school, no camps, nothin. I played basketball also, we got alot, not complainin but we got treated alot better than the football team. And baseball, lol, what can I say. We went to the beach every year for a whole week. Why can't the football team go play an away game and stay the night. Hell only got charter buses ONE time and that was my senior year, and it was a piece of junk at that, like a 65' model, lol. Hell I will donate money if they need it, mark my words Guru.
Redneck Wrote:NO **** Guru. We never got anything for football when I was in high school, no camps, nothin. I played basketball also, we got alot, not complainin but we got treated alot better than the football team. And baseball, lol, what can I say. We went to the beach every year for a whole week. Why can't the football team go play an away game and stay the night. Hell only got charter buses ONE time and that was my senior year, and it was a piece of junk at that, like a 65' model, lol. Hell I will donate money if they need it, mark my words Guru.
I already have kind sir!!! LOL
The Guru Wrote:I already have kind sir!!! LOL

LOL, don't forget it.
Blackcat80 Wrote:Hey this is a little far. Coach Allen has put more effort into coaching then a coach ever has in Paintsville history!

UH So you are saying Coach Walter Brugh was a nothing?
Redneck Wrote:NO **** Guru. We never got anything for football when I was in high school, no camps, nothin. I played basketball also, we got alot, not complainin but we got treated alot better than the football team. And baseball, lol, what can I say. We went to the beach every year for a whole week. Why can't the football team go play an away game and stay the night. Hell only got charter buses ONE time and that was my senior year, and it was a piece of junk at that, like a 65' model, lol. Hell I will donate money if they need it, mark my words Guru.

I'm suprised that there's no camps for the football team. Does the baseball team still making trips down South around Spring Break?
Ok I dont know were to start.. I guess I will start with ValleyDWeller25 and thank god you are from Valley and not from Paintsville. I will leave it at that because I am thinking you may be a young kid. And I say this because I was raised in Virgie and made the best move in my life when I moved my boys to Paintsville many years ago.
We have a great school and great coaches, yes they all make mistakes but who doesn't! JTA will be just fine we are a small school we may have 20 kids come out for football or we may have 30 but either way you can bet your life they will play with their heart and with Tiger pride!! And they will play as a TEAM!!! They will hate JTA at practice and LOVE him all the rest of the time. I will have one that is in 11th grade next year and 1 in the 9th 1 in the 8th and 1 in the 2nd and 1 that will start school yes that makes 5. All 5 are boys. Everyone who wants to get on here and knock our coaches and our school are jealous! We have the best school in the state.. My 5 yr old already has TIGER PRIDE and will have it the rest of his life... So ValleyDweller25 and everyone else "people who live in glass houses should not throw stones"..
The Guru Wrote:Allen had scheduled to open with Clay Co. As well as a couple other very good teams then add johnson central, and we had a very tough schedule!

What a shame. Sounds like people are taking away from these kids if that's what really happend. Most kids dream of playing in the state championship, but they can't...it's just a way of life. Why not let them play an event held at the same place that hosts the state championship year in and year out? Playing tough competition is really one of the only ways to see how good you really are...challenge yourself, take your licks, learn from it and go on. I thought each sport had to be treated equally...sounds like it's an issue in this case.
i think theyll be bad and get beat by south floyd
TomBradyMagic Wrote:i think theyll be bad and get beat by south floyd

Yeah, how bout them Patriots there BradyMagic.
LOL!! SF will have trouble getting 4th place in districts let alone beat Paintsville.
Wow...you all have some issues with paintsville's coaching staff eh?? You kno I think a team should EARN the right to play at Papa John's. That is one of the privelidges of making it to STATE!!! If a team can play there year in and year out, it takes away from the desire of the player to make it there. Its the FANTASY of every high school player to make it to the carpet...including me!!! NOTHING IS WORTH HAVING UNLESS IT IS EARNED. Hazard has never made it to the fifth round of the playoffs....do we complain about our coaches??? NO...not to brag about hazard bcuz that is true for any team...It is the players that ultimately get you to state not the coaches. The Coaches MUST be there....but a coach cant be out there in pads when the game is on the line. I think that Paintsville should quit complaining about what has already happened---and start worrying about who is going to step up and play next year....bcuz as of right now besides Nehemiah Dodderer I havnt seen too many athletes to replace Pugh, Sublett, Cantrell, and Walker. If you go back and read the posts on here I have said time and again that Paintsville lost too much this season...they prolly had the best two teams these last two seasons that theyve had in years!!! Too bad they got beat out first round this year!!! Oh well it is over, but unless something changes I seriously doubt theyll make the playoffs this year. CHANGE something if you dont like it, but BOOSTER CLUB parents(GURU)cannot win ballgames.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:they prolly had the best two teams these last two seasons that theyve had in years!!! Too bad they got beat out first round this year!!!

I wouldn't go as far as saying these past two seasons were the best teams that they've had in years. 2005 was a good year, this season they were trying to fill holes that were departed from a heavy graduation, and this was very evident when they played in the Apple Bowl. Class A schools, especially like our neighbors, have a tough time replacing every year. Replacing Sublett and Pugh will be hard, but it will not be too hard replacing Cantrell and Walker. Not to take up for the young men from across the creek, but you all won in overtime, won against Pikeville on a last second field goal, and get defeated rather easily by Somerset and you are world beaters? Hazard has defeated Paintsville 3 times in their last 10 tries(1 x in 2004; 2 x 2006). If this has been the best team that they've had in years then what is to be said about Hazard's teams of the past going 0-7 against them since they came back into their district? Now as for the whole game in Louisville, all I have to say is why not? Who is it hurting? I wish we would schedule something similar to that, not saying it has to be Pappa John's, but why not play at a large stadium when you have the chance. Just the thought of bringing enjoyment to a child for being out on the same field as many future pro atheletes is a once in a lifetime opprotunity. Good luck to Paintsville this season and we will see you during Apple Day.
BIGBLACK Wrote:I wouldn't go as far as saying these past two seasons were the best teams that they've had in years. 2005 was a good year, this season they were trying to fill holes that were departed from a heavy graduation, and this was very evident when they played in the Apple Bowl. Class A schools, especially like our neighbors, have a tough time replacing every year. Replacing Sublett and Pugh will be hard, but it will not be too hard replacing Cantrell and Walker. Not to take up for the young men from across the creek, but you all won in overtime, won against Pikeville on a last second field goal, and get defeated rather easily by Somerset and you are world beaters? Hazard has defeated Paintsville 3 times in their last 10 tries(1 x in 2004; 2 x 2006). If this has been the best team that they've had in years then what is to be said about Hazard's teams of the past going 0-7 against them since they came back into their district? Now as for the whole game in Louisville, all I have to say is why not? Who is it hurting? I wish we would schedule something similar to that, not saying it has to be Pappa John's, but why not play at a large stadium when you have the chance. Just the thought of bringing enjoyment to a child for being out on the same field as many future pro atheletes is a once in a lifetime opprotunity. Good luck to Paintsville this season and we will see you during Apple Day.

You know what BIGBLACK, I'm startin to like you, lol. You really know your area teams and always have something intelligent to say. Good post.
okay, ive read a lot on this thread and this is what ive gotten so far. Hazard will win the Superbowl. Coach Brugh (although at the time was the WINNINGEST COACH IN KENTUCKY FOOTBALL HISTORY) was nothing. Shelby Valley, and their two or three winning seasons in 16 years, still puts teams they wont play, beneath them. And some guy named the Guru has all the answers to the problems at Paintsville. Oh yeah, and South Floyd will bounce back only one year from getting beat 35-0 by MY Jenkins team and win state........This is what Ive read, and this is my input on Paintsville '07. They will beat everybody except Pikeville in the district, and go 7-3 in the regular season. I for one, will not miss playing them and getting the ever loving snot beat out of us. I do think, however, that they will have a very tough task (which was pointed out by BigBlack) of replacing Pugh and Sublett, and I think they will have a tough time replacing Cantrell too..and people, give Coach Allen a little time before you crucify him as a coach. He will be fine. Sure his playcalling was a little suspect at times last year, but he will learn from that, trust me. They wont be 5-6 again this year. Id bet the house on that.
Redneck Wrote:You know what BIGBLACK, I'm startin to like you, lol. You really know your area teams and always have something intelligent to say. Good post.

I am an avid supporter of both Johnson Co. teams, more so one than the other. I try to state the obvious and mix in my opinion every now and then. I appreciate the fact that you are becoming fond of an old Eagle fan Redneck. Best of luck to your team this year and hopefully both of our schools can make a run like we did last season this year.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Wow...you all have some issues with paintsville's coaching staff eh?? You kno I think a team should EARN the right to play at Papa John's. That is one of the privelidges of making it to STATE!!! If a team can play there year in and year out, it takes away from the desire of the player to make it there. Its the FANTASY of every high school player to make it to the carpet...including me!!! NOTHING IS WORTH HAVING UNLESS IT IS EARNED. Hazard has never made it to the fifth round of the playoffs....do we complain about our coaches??? NO...not to brag about hazard bcuz that is true for any team...It is the players that ultimately get you to state not the coaches. The Coaches MUST be there....but a coach cant be out there in pads when the game is on the line. I think that Paintsville should quit complaining about what has already happened---and start worrying about who is going to step up and play next year....bcuz as of right now besides Nehemiah Dodderer I havnt seen too many athletes to replace Pugh, Sublett, Cantrell, and Walker. If you go back and read the posts on here I have said time and again that Paintsville lost too much this season...they prolly had the best two teams these last two seasons that theyve had in years!!! Too bad they got beat out first round this year!!! Oh well it is over, but unless something changes I seriously doubt theyll make the playoffs this year. CHANGE something if you dont like it, but BOOSTER CLUB parents(GURU)cannot win ballgames.

What are you talking about??? Why would you make such a rediculous remark about me?
I will support the team to the hilt, but that is as much as I can do, and have never laid claim that I could do any more!
Every team has shoes to fill every year. Some years, you have a player that has been a huge part of your team and it is harder to replace, but it gets done! Paintsville will be just fine, and yes they will make the playoffs and I will go ahead and say that they will get farther next season!! Not staying healthy was Paintsville's biggest problem this year. So feel fortunate that you got a chance to "barely" beat a team that dressed around 20 players and of those 20 that were able to dress, only about 7 were at 100%.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:okay, ive read a lot on this thread and this is what ive gotten so far. Hazard will win the Superbowl. Coach Brugh (although at the time was the WINNINGEST COACH IN KENTUCKY FOOTBALL HISTORY) was nothing. Shelby Valley, and their two or three winning seasons in 16 years, still puts teams they wont play, beneath them. And some guy named the Guru has all the answers to the problems at Paintsville. Oh yeah, and South Floyd will bounce back only one year from getting beat 35-0 by MY Jenkins team and win state........This is what Ive read, and this is my input on Paintsville '07. They will beat everybody except Pikeville in the district, and go 7-3 in the regular season. I for one, will not miss playing them and getting the ever loving snot beat out of us. I do think, however, that they will have a very tough task (which was pointed out by BigBlack) of replacing Pugh and Sublett, and I think they will have a tough time replacing Cantrell too..and people, give Coach Allen a little time before you crucify him as a coach. He will be fine. Sure his playcalling was a little suspect at times last year, but he will learn from that, trust me. They wont be 5-6 again this year. Id bet the house on that.

I had to go back and reread my posts here to find out where I said I had all the answers....couldn't find it, could someone help??
GURU, empty your box.
I think it is bad that players or could be former players get on here and bash their own coach. Right Dweller 25
Stuff like that happens all the time, get on here behind a fake screen name and people don't think they'll find out who they really are....if you are going to do that, don't make it so obvious....lol. Good luck to the Tigers next season.
Guru ill be MORE than happy to help you...read post #58. All the answers right there. Scheduling, travelling, etc. :thumpsup:
The Guru Wrote:I had to go back and reread my posts here to find out where I said I had all the answers....couldn't find it, could someone help??
hey man I think you took that the wrong way, and I apologize for it. I wasnt being sarcastic. Although Ill admit that it did look that way. But I agree with what you said in that post. Thats what I was trying to say, lol
The Guru Wrote:I had to go back and reread my posts here to find out where I said I had all the answers....couldn't find it, could someone help??
IRISH4 Wrote:Stuff like that happens all the time, get on here behind a fake screen name and people don't think they'll find out who they really are....if you are going to do that, don't make it so obvious....lol. Good luck to the Tigers next season.

Good post Irish...I mean if you do get on a fake name and just post stuff that doesn't cause conflict or bash someone that is fine. But when you get out and you bash people that are close to you then it is just over the line!
TidesHoss32 Wrote:hey man I think you took that the wrong way, and I apologize for it. I wasnt being sarcastic. Although Ill admit that it did look that way. But I agree with what you said in that post. Thats what I was trying to say, lol
No problem....I read the pm!!!! I understand!!!
ok cool
The Guru Wrote:No problem....I read the pm!!!! I understand!!!
The Guru Wrote:What are you talking about??? Why would you make such a rediculous remark about me?
I will support the team to the hilt, but that is as much as I can do, and have never laid claim that I could do any more!
Every team has shoes to fill every year. Some years, you have a player that has been a huge part of your team and it is harder to replace, but it gets done! Paintsville will be just fine, and yes they will make the playoffs and I will go ahead and say that they will get farther next season!! Not staying healthy was Paintsville's biggest problem this year. So feel fortunate that you got a chance to "barely" beat a team that dressed around 20 players and of those 20 that were able to dress, only about 7 were at 100%.

Ok now listen, the first game against us i agree you all had a few people, every team has their injury problems, the playoff game you all had all your players back and you all put in a big fight, but we won coz we played every second of that game. we won and we've forgotten about that and if you want to prove that you all deserve to win against us, then win your district next year first and we'll see y'all in region. Dont complain about what happened last year, you all lost and im not taking anything away from P-ville, Sublet, Pugh and cantrall were an awesome bunch players, and p-ville better start hittin the weights and practice hard during offseason coz Pikeville is gonna return 25 seniors and are gonna be a VERY VERY VERY GOOD TEAM.
punjabi_bulldog79 Wrote:Ok now listen, the first game against us i agree you all had a few people, every team has their injury problems, the playoff game you all had all your players back and you all put in a big fight, but we won coz we played every second of that game. we won and we've forgotten about that and if you want to prove that you all deserve to win against us, then win your district next year first and we'll see y'all in region. Dont complain about what happened last year, you all lost and im not taking anything away from P-ville, Sublet, Pugh and cantrall were an awesome bunch players, and p-ville better start hittin the weights and practice hard during offseason coz Pikeville is gonna return 25 seniors and are gonna be a VERY VERY VERY GOOD TEAM.

I have to disagree with the statement about the second game. Paintsville still had a couple players out and that was only Cantrells second game back after missin like 7 weeks and he wasn't even suppose to be playin.
Reynolds was missing witch was a very good linebacker and ball carrier, but hazard won b.c they didnt quit. no excuse beacuse Pville had it won and they just let it slip. I see paintsville suprising a few teams next season but that is just a fealing.
Redneck Wrote:I have to disagree with the statement about the second game. Paintsville still had a couple players out and that was only Cantrells second game back after missin like 7 weeks and he wasn't even suppose to be playin.

No he's right, I'm not saying Paintsville was 100% and full force but what team is at that time in the season. Hazard did play every second of that game which resulted in a win. He's wrong in saying that Paintsville put in a good fight, as the Tigers had that game won. It was there's for the taking, but something fell apart. The wheels fell off, Paintsville turned the ball over deep in Bulldog territory getting ready to score. Olinger ran over and broke numerous tackles on his way to a long touchdown run. Paintsville's D couldn't get motivated or focused enough to stop the pass. One bad call, and one uncalled for penalty when the Bulldogs were driving at the end of regulation. As I stood behind the sidelines, the players and the coaches looked like deer in headlights and were helpless or at least it looked that way. Paintsville lost that game, Hazard didn't win it, the Tigers blew it bottom line. Game over, end of season, and he's right after blowing a 21 point lead within the final few minutes of the game you're going to have to work hard win your district and make it to the regional finals to prove worthy enough to redeem that loss. Bottomline is the Bulldogs wanted it more than Paintsville did, and that includes players, coaches, and ball boys.