Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville '07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
How do you think the Tigers will be in JTA's second year?
Could be a real long season for the Tigers.
I'll say a 2nd place finish.
Who is going to be the key players for the Tigers???
Well they are losing pugh, sublett, cantral, walker, that i know of witch will be some big losses. I hope the tigers work hard in the weight room this season if they dont want to get pushes around.
How many seniors will they have? What starters do they return on both sides of the ball?
Bucky Baily- Sr. LB
J.J Hensely- Sr. O line/D line
Casey .Bob. Brown - Sr. O line/D line
Hunter Preston - Sr. RB/D Back
Corey Humphrey - Sr. WR/D Back....maybe QB next season

thats all of i know of next seasons Sr.'s
They rest of the Starters they are returning on both sides of the ball besides the Sr.'s are:

Tyler Deaton - Jr. WR
Patrick Butcher - Jr. OLB
Cody Reynolds - Jr LB/RB if healthy
Neamiha Doderer -Soph. RB
Dillion Brown - Soph WR

Thats all that i know of
Buckeyex7x Wrote:They rest of the Starters they are returning on both sides of the ball besides the Sr.'s are:

Tyler Deaton - Jr. WR
Patrick Butcher - Jr. OLB
Cody Reynolds - Jr LB/RB if healthy
Neamiha Doderer -Soph. RB
Dillion Brown - Soph WR

Thats all that i know of

Can't believe you left out my boy!!! Cyrus started the last half of the season and kept his starting spot even after Cantrell and Walker returned for the last 2 or 3 games!!! He tied with Pugh for team leader in INTs!
heard there would be some old faces returning to the gridiron next season. Remains to be seen, but could have helped tremendously last year!
The Guru Wrote:Can't believe you left out my boy!!! Cyrus started the last half of the season and kept his starting spot even after Cantrell and Walker returned for the last 2 or 3 games!!! He tied with Pugh for team leader in INTs!

I think Pugh, Sublett and Cyrus all three had two INT's each didn't they? The younger boys did gain quite a bit of experience this year, and even more with the injury bug biting about mid-season for the Tigers. I hope they're all in the weight room and working hard for next year already. I'd say with the re-alignment, Paintsville could be right in the thick of things again next season. Best of luck to the Tigers.
The Blue Blur Wrote:I think Pugh, Sublett and Cyrus all three had two INT's each didn't they? The younger boys did gain quite a bit of experience this year, and even more with the injury bug biting about mid-season for the Tigers. I hope they're all in the weight room and working hard for next year already. I'd say with the re-alignment, Paintsville could be right in the thick of things again next season. Best of luck to the Tigers.
I think Subby did have 2 as well.
The Guru Wrote:heard there would be some old faces returning to the gridiron next season. Remains to be seen, but could have helped tremendously last year!

I have heard the same thing. Would be nice to see them suited up again! :Clap:
The Blue Blur Wrote:I think Pugh, Sublett and Cyrus all three had two INT's each didn't they? The younger boys did gain quite a bit of experience this year, and even more with the injury bug biting about mid-season for the Tigers. I hope they're all in the weight room and working hard for next year already. I'd say with the re-alignment, Paintsville could be right in the thick of things again next season. Best of luck to the Tigers.

oh lordy how could we ever forget....who cares...but i think the Tigers will finish 2nd in their district. The tigers could suprise some people with people returning such as Humphrey, Hensley, Reynolds, and Deaton.
Yes im srry to leave out Cyrus lol. He did very well when walker and cantrle where out. If u could get some pounds on him he could be a very good football player.
Yes I wish paintsville could get all of there athleates to play next season. I would love to see that!!!
I believe the Tigers will be strong in their district next season. Other than that I don't know how they will do out of district besided JCHS and I don't see them coming close in that one.

If the Tigers play the way they are capable they will be tough to beat in their district. I am looking for big things from the Tigers in the playoffs next season.
Please dont even start to talk about how JCHS will kill Pville next year! i just dont want to some one to start that agruement on this Paintsville 07 thread lol
Good luck to you guys....I think it will be a major rebuilding year after losing most of your team in cantrel, sublett, and pugh! I tell you first hand sublett was a LOAD, and Pugh was SUPER FAST!!! But, I really hope u all win district and beat the crap out of pikeville so we can have a rematch in the semi finals next year....good job this season tho newayz
They willl have a good season
I don't look for this season to be a reloading season. Several of the Seniors missed many games due to injury. The two that will be hard to replace are Sublett and Pugh. This past season was the reloading one, getting kids HS game experience due to the large Senior class that played in the 2005 season.
I belive that paintsville can have another good season. In order to do that they are going to have to work hard in the weight room in the off season. Im sure Paintsville has the athletes, So hard work in the off season will show the outcome in the long run, Good Luck Tigers...
BIGBLACK Wrote:I don't look for this season to be a reloading season. Several of the Seniors missed many games due to injury. The two that will be hard to replace are Sublett and Pugh. This past season was the reloading one, getting kids HS game experience due to the large Senior class that played in the 2005 season.

Coming off of a knee injury is never an easy thing, and the Tigers could have really used Cody Reynolds defensively this year. If he can stay focus, rehab hard, and work hard in the weight room will help to fill Subby's shoes on defense. Between, Bailey (who replaced Reynolds at LB last season) and Reynolds, they should be able to pick up their play and fill Subby's void. Like I said, a knee injury is never an easy thing to overcome, and I don't think Reynolds will be the same offensively. Therefore, the void left by Subby offensively may be a little harder to fill. Knee injuries seem to effect offense backs a little more than any other position on the field. Athletically, Pugh will be a little harder to replace.
The Blue Blur Wrote:Coming off of a knee injury is never an easy thing, and the Tigers could have really used Cody Reynolds defensively this year. If he can stay focus, rehab hard, and work hard in the weight room will help to fill Subby's shoes on defense. Between, Bailey (who replaced Reynolds at LB last season) and Reynolds, they should be able to pick up their play and fill Subby's void. Like I said, a knee injury is never an easy thing to overcome, and I don't think Reynolds will be the same offensively. Therefore, the void left by Subby offensively may be a little harder to fill. Knee injuries seem to effect offense backs a little more than any other position on the field. Athletically, Pugh will be a little harder to replace.
Actually I think it will be the easiest to replace Sublett. I say this because on both sides of the ball you have people who can play his position. On defense you will have Reynolds who was the starting LB at the first of the year and Bucky Bailey who has played LB since his freshman year. With Bailey and Reynolds you have two fast hard-hitting LB's. On offense Reynolds will play FB who was the best runner Paintsville had last year until he was injured. Losing Sublett will hurt somewhat but not as much as some of the linemen they lost and they also lost 3 starters in the secondary.
Blackcat80 Wrote:Actually I think it will be the easiest to replace Sublett. I say this because on both sides of the ball you have people who can play his position. On defense you will have Reynolds who was the starting LB at the first of the year and Bucky Bailey who has played LB since his freshman year. With Bailey and Reynolds you have two fast hard-hitting LB's. On offense Reynolds will play FB who was the best runner Paintsville had last year until he was injured. Losing Sublett will hurt somewhat but not as much as some of the linemen they lost and they also lost 3 starters in the secondary.

R U kidin me? Reynolds the best runner Paintsville has to offer? Thats his prob. win he was over here, he thought he was the best at everything. he felt he was cheated and treatd unfarly, so he left. If Reynolds is the best they have to offer, theyll b n 4 nudder long season. If he was the best theyd have last sesaon, then Y wasnt he starting at the beginning of the year. Bailey's fast?? Da kid lok lik he runs in quiksand. Oh N also, wut linemen? The Tiggers havnt had good linemen sense 2001 or 2002. Yeah they may compete 4 a district title, butt thatd b as far as it goes. That district is loadd wit a bunch of celler dewellers. As long as Mattney is at Centrel, then u guys dnt hafta woorry bout dat barrell.
yes pugh will be hard to replace but paintsville still has great athleates, just not the line men up front.
the best player on the team is neamiah doderer (spell check)..hes gonna be great as a senior..they also have a 6'3 245 full back named tyler collins..hes comin out this year and he will be great also
Blackcat80 Wrote:Actually I think it will be the easiest to replace Sublett. I say this because on both sides of the ball you have people who can play his position. On defense you will have Reynolds who was the starting LB at the first of the year and Bucky Bailey who has played LB since his freshman year. With Bailey and Reynolds you have two fast hard-hitting LB's. On offense Reynolds will play FB who was the best runner Paintsville had last year until he was injured. Losing Sublett will hurt somewhat but not as much as some of the linemen they lost and they also lost 3 starters in the secondary.

Reynolds was the best runner off of last year's team? If I remember correctly, my old buddy Corey Humphrey started in the backfield at the begining. Then you had Cantrel and Niahmah Doder, who also got some carries. If Reynolds was the best runner, then why wasn't he starting? Yeah, sounds typical for Reynolds, he thinks he is the best at everything, and that was his problem here too. Unfairly treated? What linemen did the Tigers lose? They haven't had any lineman since 2001 or 2002.
this year could be bad. but you can almost bank on 2nd in district play
Throwback Gata Black Wrote:Reynolds was the best runner off of last year's team? If I remember correctly, my old buddy Corey Humphrey started in the backfield at the begining. Then you had Cantrel and Niahmah Doder, who also got some carries. If Reynolds was the best runner, then why wasn't he starting? Yeah, sounds typical for Reynolds, he thinks he is the best at everything, and that was his problem here too. Unfairly treated? What linemen did the Tigers lose? They haven't had any lineman since 2001 or 2002.

Reynolds got injured in the 2nd game of the season so u he didnt really have a chance to even watch him. I think he would have been Paintsville best runner that last season he breaks alot of tackles and run very hard. If he is healthy i see him doin a very good job This season. And corey humphrey is better off as a WR he hesitates to mutch to be a RB. Thats why Neamiha (spell check) was the main back when Cantrel was out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4