Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Bishop Brossart 11/06
FootballGuy Wrote:I'm more sold on Phelps than I am Kash... And I think the way the people are praising Kash and not the team I feel like it may come back to bite them. It's a team sport not 1 person.

I agree 100% .. ive never in my life heard a high school have the PA guy do sound effects ( the cash register ) for one player . I've played with a lot players who went to Ohio state and other big schools , played against kids who ended up in the nfl one who will be in the hall of fame and none of them were given that type of praise . It's a team sport that why high school and college teams don't have names on the back of their jerseys just the teams name on the front
Doesn't matter. No one will beat Beechwood
State champion WILL be from the east this year and next couple get use to the idea
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I agree 100% .. ive never in my life heard a high school have the PA guy do sound effects ( the cash register ) for one player . I've played with a lot players who went to Ohio state and other big schools , played against kids who ended up in the nfl one who will be in the hall of fame and none of them were given that type of praise . It's a team sport that why high school and college teams don't have names on the back of their jerseys just the teams name on the front

To be fair to him. While he has given some pretty "loud" interviews and some of his post game statements have been a bit over the top, Kash is a humble kid. I have ran into him a few times and each time he was respectful, kind, and just an all around seemingly good kid. Imo, if he didnt have the attitude he does on the football field (and before and after a game), Paintsville would not be who they are. Kash would be a starting LB at any high school in the state. He is a freak of nature athetically. Anyone who is his size that has a 40+" vertical is insane and his strength and knack for finding the football is some of, if not THE best I have seen. 90% of the Kash hype, comes from the fans and friends. The other 10% belongs to the "Biggest, Baddest, Fastest, Meanest And Strongest guys in the region"...which is actually what Kash said, not "the state". Its Kash's mentality that has made Paintsville so successful, those kids have gotten their teeth kicked in for 2 1/2 seasons, let them have theirs. In regaurds to the fan base and PA guy, yes, its gone a little over the top. Granted, a member of the Tiger staff told me that the PA during the Raceland game was new and Coach Chirico wasnt happy with the cash register effects.
I don't blame Kash at all , as a matter of fact my son told me he was one of the few from Paintsville that didn't talk trash or act like a turd during the game .. And wait before all of Paintsville fans starts crying yes most kids talk trash during the games that's Raceland included that wasn't the point I was trying to make
Alright lets move on from Paintsville and Kash. This is a thread about the Bishop Brossart and Raceland game not Paintsville.
Back on subject.
Look melon head giving orders .. Sheeeew fly
Raceland 28 to 21
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Game day. Here's to hoping we see the same fire and desire we saw last week at Russell. Because that team, can play with anyone in class 1A and be in position to win over the next 5 weeks. Hope both teams stay injury free. Good luck to both and Go Rams!!!

No, that team that beat a very average Russell team and was held to about 100 yards rushing on 42 carries would get smoked again by Paintsville.
If this game comes down to the wire, I like Raceland to win it. But, imo, it shouldnt be that close. If the Raceland team shows up that played last week (another worry for me is a hangover), then it wont be. If Raceland comes out fired up and wins this game by 3 or more scores, going 2 1/2 hours to play in NKY, where our area has never had massive success (regaurdless of class), then it will lead me to believe that the region could be within grasp and Paintsville beating us like a drum was a result of losing to Fairview. If this game is close, there's no chance at the region.

Not a knock on BB, but typically, championship caliber teams do not play inconsistent football. I say all this because last week I said the same stuff and Raceland suprised me. So I kind of expect a hangover early on. Question is, if we bounce back and TCB, or do we hold on for another last minute win? Never in my life have I been so up in the air when predicting Raceland games.
jetpilot Wrote:No, that team that beat a very average Russell team and was held to about 100 yards rushing on 42 carries would get smoked again by Paintsville.

The numbers in that game for both teams are a bit misleading. Russell moved the ball through the air between the 20s and stuck pay dirt on two 20+ yard TDs from inside the 30, but that game was dominated by defenses that gave offenses short field advantages from their own 45 or better. The only long drive of the game was Russell's first drive to score. The rest was offenses taking advantage of field position. I do have to admit though, that neither team has been what I would thought they would be. But, having said that, I think either one can rise up and make and have a shot at defending their regional championship titles from a year ago.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:The numbers in that game for both teams are a bit misleading. Russell moved the ball through the air between the 20s and stuck pay dirt on two 20+ yard TDs from inside the 30, but that game was dominated by defenses that gave offenses short field advantages from their own 45 or better. The only long drive of the game was Russell's first drive to score. The rest was offenses taking advantage of field position. I do have to admit though, that neither team has been what I would thought they would be. But, having said that, I think either one can rise up and make and have a shot at defending their regional championship titles from a year ago.
No other two teams is the state know each other better than Russell /Raceland . The whole game both sides were yelling out what play the other team was going to run before they snapped the ball , so the yardage in that game is kind of misleading
Wasteland 48
BB 7
Judging by the size difference I am seeing in the warm ups right now I say Raceland will win by 28+
Link to the game:
http://www.nkysports.com/nky_webcast.asp
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]