Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
64.29%
Raceland
35.71%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland @ Russell Predictions 10/30
I thought The evils dropped football years ago in favor of a Petanque team.
samson81 Wrote:Before the season, I kind of wondered how Raceland would navigate arguably the toughest schedule in school history. The close loss to Valley was a good result considering the level of opposition, and there's no certainly no shame in losing by three touchdowns to Ashland this year.... but the loss to Fairview and the way they lost to Paintsville was surprising.

So far, I think the seminal moment of the season for Raceland was the game winning touchdown by Fairview. The sudden silence from the home stands at Ram Stadium was deafening. A week later, the Rams just didn't seem to have the resolve to fight back against Paintsville.

I agree 100%.
Lucasville valley was beat by wheelersburg by 40 at lucasville , I'm thinking we gave Raceland to much credit for the way they played against them
Final was 35-13 Wburg over Lucasville, 28-7 in the 3rd quarter so it looks like they werent really ever in the game. That being said, Valley is a good football team, imo, comparable to Paintsville. They lost a key lineman and their best athelete that game against us, Idk if the score would have been as close had those two not went down. With that said, good, bad, over hyped, not hyped enough, the product Raceland has put on the football field over the last 88 years, has never been one to just lay over. This team did that last week. That is my only issue. Wins and losses, for me right now, mean nothing. I just want to see them fight. I still love Raceland Football and my support for them will never fail. But man the last few weeks have been damn near unwatchable.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Lucasville valley was beat by wheelersburg by 40 at lucasville , I'm thinking we gave Raceland to much credit for the way they played against them

Wheelersburg is typically a pretty good team so that doesn't really surprise me. I do agree that too much stock has been put in our game against Valley. Something that is never mentioned about that game is that Valley left several touchdowns on the field with dropped wide open TD passes. If those passes were completions we are talking about a 21+ point loss instead of a one score loss.

Even though the record doesn't reflect it, the attitude of this team reminds me a lot of the 2000 team that finished 1-9. That team had a lot if the same issues with a lack of effort, respect, and a sense of entitlement. I'm not sure what happened along the way but something unfixable was broken with this team and hopefully the team next year can learn from this seasons mistakes.
I agree. I have talked to several of the players and the fire they had preseason, the effort they showed at camp, their passion for the game, is seemingly gone. Idk, smh. They may suprise us all this Friday and play like we all know they CAN, but something has divided, stripped down, and desimated this team. I think the loss to Fairview may have done it, but there were things halpening before that. Through out the whole season somethings been off from the top down.

Hope that we are all badly wrong and this team can rise up to the challenges ahead. But Sadly...

Russell 35
Raceland 14

And that absolutely devistates me as a Ram.
I've been saying how good this team is all year and they really have been up and down so now I'm trying to be the guy from major league in the bleachers screaming how bad they are so maybe just maybe I can scream there back like he did when wild thing comes out of the bullpen with his glass's on
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I've been saying how good this team is all year and they really have been up and down so now I'm trying to be the guy from major league in the bleachers screaming how bad they are so maybe just maybe I can scream there back like he did when wild thing comes out of the bullpen with his glass's on

If only you could have included the strength of schedule it would be awesome :flame:
Does Salmons play his starters sparingly to keep them healthy and rested for the playoffs or do the Rams play at full strength? If I'm Salmons, I play my starters for four quarters if I have to in order to get the win. Raceland could use a good performance to build some confidence going into the postseason. Brossart's no pushover. It could be a lot to ask for the Rams to travel 2+ hours north for the playoffs and suddenly flip the switch and start playing their best this late in the season. Plus, our area doesn't exactly have a good track record of going to northern Kentucky in the playoffs and leaving victorious.
samson81 Wrote:Does Salmons play his starters sparingly to keep them healthy and rested for the playoffs or do the Rams play at full strength? If I'm Salmons, I play my starters for four quarters if I have to in order to get the win. Raceland could use a good performance to build some confidence going into the postseason. Brossart's no pushover. It could be a lot to ask for the Rams to travel 2+ hours north for the playoffs and suddenly flip the switch and start playing their best this late in the season. Plus, our area doesn't exactly have a good track record of going to northern Kentucky in the playoffs and leaving victorious.

I don't see him resting anyone , I've heard they are sitting one out bc of a injury he got early in the Paintsville game but that's it . They way this team layed down during the Paintsville game they have to play
TigerBlues Wrote:If only you could have included the strength of schedule it would be awesome :flame:

Look it's a Paintsville idiot trolling .. I understand you guys suck almost every year and don't know how to handle a little success . But it's ok back to the norm next year cha Ching cha Ching cha Ching
samson81 Wrote:Does Salmons play his starters sparingly to keep them healthy and rested for the playoffs or do the Rams play at full strength? If I'm Salmons, I play my starters for four quarters if I have to in order to get the win. Raceland could use a good performance to build some confidence going into the postseason. Brossart's no pushover. It could be a lot to ask for the Rams to travel 2+ hours north for the playoffs and suddenly flip the switch and start playing their best this late in the season. Plus, our area doesn't exactly have a good track record of going to northern Kentucky in the playoffs and leaving victorious.

Every single and solitary starter that is healthy should play. This game means a hell of alot to both teams. Raceland needs to win this ball game to try to gain some confidence back.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Look it's a Paintsville idiot trolling .. I understand you guys suck almost every year and don't know how to handle a little success . But it's ok back to the norm next year cha Ching cha Ching cha Ching

Can't get it out of your head can you nut :flame:
samson81 Wrote:Ou area doesn't exactly have a good track record of going to northern Kentucky in the playoffs and leaving victorious.

Prior to the six class system many Raceland teams took the trip up the AA only to return to start basketball season. Hopefully that trend doesn't continue next weekend.
TigerBlues Wrote:Can't get it out of your head can you nut :flame:

No I just you guys still treat him as a god like you do now when he's playing at upike not uk
I wonder what sound effects we can come up with for Kent Phelps next year?:biglmao:
anotherfootballnut Wrote:No I just you guys still treat him as a god like you do now when he's playing at upike not uk

Damn that must hurt :ChairHit::flame:
Lol keep trying girls
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Lol keep trying girls

Strength of schedule is the one nut ! :biglmao::ChairHit::flame:
Look I have a couple of fans .. Beeper and butthead
Just for you nut!
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Lucasville valley was beat by wheelersburg by 40 at lucasville , I'm thinking we gave Raceland to much credit for the way they played against them

The close loss Valley really is overrated. They aren't that good.

Russell's win over Ironton has been underrated. The Tigers haven't lost since that four game opening stretch of Wheelersburg, Russell, Beechwood and Ashland. Talk about a tough schedule.
Russell 28
Raceland 20
FBALL Wrote:The close loss Valley really is overrated. They aren't that good.

Russell's win over Ironton has been underrated. The Tigers haven't lost since that four game opening stretch of Wheelersburg, Russell, Beechwood and Ashland. Talk about a tough schedule.

Ironton is not very good , beechwood and Ashland are the only good teams they've played they are playing in the ovc which are teams Ironton would beat by 40 if they were any good and their best player is out, so no Russell's win at Ironton is not s big deal . Lucasville would beat Ironton by 30
Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens!
Easy melon head he's talking about you
Hearing there may have been some changes offensively. Imo its a little too late to change up much. Maybe whatever they are doing will lean more to the teams strengths and make the kids focus a little more.
True. Hopefully it won't be like how the Colts threw in a new play in on the Patriots a few weeks ago. Lol
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Hearing there may have been some changes offensively. Imo its a little too late to change up much. Maybe whatever they are doing will lean more to the teams strengths and make the kids focus a little more.

No offensive changes but a few on defense
anotherfootballnut Wrote:No offensive changes but a few on defense

I take every thing I hear with a grain of salt lol. I just hope there is SOMETHING to wake these kids up and they play with some pride.