Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knoxville Catholic @ Belfry
I take Belfry in a close one. This game is at the CAM and Coach Haywood will have the Pirates more than ready for the Knoxville boys!!
Win or lose, a game of this caliber will only help Belfry in the long run. One of the many things I respect about Coach Haywood, is the fact he isn't afraid to play teams who are as good or better than his teams. I don't know a lot about Knoxville Catholic, so I'm not going to make a prediction on this game, but I will predict games like this and the Johnson Central game, will only help Belfry prepare for another title run.
Belfry by -20.
Will this game be streamed online anywhere?
Jack Lambert Wrote:Will this game be streamed online anywhere?

Radio Feed but not video

http://www.wdhr.com
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Radio Feed but not video

http://www.wdhr.com

Thanks what time will it start central Ky time 8:30?
7:30 EST, so that is 6:30 your time?
Jack Lambert Wrote:Thanks what time will it start central Ky time 8:30?

6:30 your time

7:30 EST

The EKB team begins coverage at 7:00 EST roughly and will do a bit of a pregame show and interview Coach Haywood and provide some initial thoughts as well
pjdoug Wrote:Go Fighting Irish!

Do you hate Belfry that bad that you're rooting for a team from Tennessee?? HAHAHA
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Do you hate Belfry that bad that you're rooting for a team from Tennessee?? HAHAHA

He wants to see Belfry lose so bad for once I heard he converted to Catholicism this Sunday. Only guy with rosary beads in Whitley County.

Big Grin
AtlPirateFan Wrote:7:30 EST, so that is 6:30 your time?

Thanks.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:He wants to see Belfry lose so bad for once I heard he converted to Catholicism this Sunday. Only guy with rosary beads in Whitley County.

Big Grin

Correction.

2nd Guy.

64SUR jumped on the NewCath and DeSales bandwagon so he can try and beat Mayfield for once.

Big Grin
Love ya 64
killbilly usmc Wrote:Ill make you a troll bet. If Belfry wins I wont troll a Belfry thread till October 1st. If Knoxville Catholic wins you stay off my Belfry threads till October 1st.

I have the power to stop trolls. Not that I will, but I could haha. Just saying Confusedhh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
EKUAlum05 Wrote:He wants to see Belfry lose so bad for once I heard he converted to Catholicism this Sunday. Only guy with rosary beads in Whitley County.

Big Grin

I love when the jealousy kicks in and turns to hate...makes me laugh!!! Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Belfry 34
Catholic 20

Belfry plays a style the boys of Catholic have never seen.
The_Rock Wrote:Belfry 34
Catholic 20

Belfry plays a style the boys of Catholic have never seen.

This is our biggest advantage I believe. I mentioned it in a previous post the CAKs PA guy told a few people in TN 2 years ago that they don't see offenses like ours and it was giving them fits. If we can sustain drives and limit the quick scoring potential of the Irish we have a shot at this game.

Belfry 31
Knox Cath 28

That being said if Knox Cath comes out blazing they could put a hurting on us like we haven't seen since Halloween of last year.
Belfry-38
Knoxville Catholic-35
Austin Woolum game winning field goal to end the game
I'm picking Belfry at home 20-10, with Haywood using as much clock as he can.
For those who want to see this game it looks like Knox Cath is going to air it on a 2 hour taped delay on their streaming website http://irishstreamingnetwork.com/index.p...elfrey-ky/

Kickoff is @ 7:30 EST and the Irish Streaming Network will air the delayed broadcast starting @ 9 PM.

If you want to see more of the Irish and what Belfry faces this week you can watch their loss to TN Powerhouse Fulton http://irishstreamingnetwork.com/index.p...on-friday/

and their win over Notre Dame
http://irishstreamingnetwork.com/index.p...e-nd-next/

The videos are student made and include some pregame stuff so you may have to scrub through the video a bit to get to the game footage.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Baker was good but dont think he played anywhere for Leslie County

That Juan Thomas Ashland State Champion team was the other one I was thinking of but it was before my time. Juan didnt play college football but easily could have anywhere he wanted and I think they had one other stud...maybe Baker's dad who went to UK?

Some Other D1 Individual Players Off The Top of My Head:
Tim Couch- Leslie County (UK
Quinton Baker- Ashland (Marshall)
Jeremy Caudill-Pburg (UK)
Channing Fugate- Breathitt County (Tennessee)
Joey Stepp- Sheldon Clark (Marshall)
Davonte Robinson- Henry Clay (UK)
Austin Pope- CAK (Tennessee)

Did that Danville team Belfry beat in the Semi's some years back end up producing any D-1 players?

Supposedly Jacob Smith from NewCath might end up at Eastern Michigan... with Cabell Midland next week and their WVU commit Reece Donovan Belfry may play a D-1 player in 3 of 4 weeks.

That Danville team had Keith Morgan at QB (Murray) and Jimmy Baughman at RB (Murray but then was busted for theft I believe and never went). I think Lineman Critchfield played at Wake Forest.

Others were smaller schools like the other Critchfield and Tim McDaniel and Mike Clevenger who all went to Centre. :Thumbs:
Haven't gotten to see Belfry yet. How are their skill kids this year. Know it's tough replacing kids like Hatfield and Taylor. Who are their go to guys this year?
Bigcat Wrote:Haven't gotten to see Belfry yet. How are their skill kids this year. Know it's tough replacing kids like Hatfield and Taylor. Who are their go to guys this year?

Pretty darn good and super deep

Corbett is a pretty good equal to Keaton Taylor with his explosiveness. If you recall Corbett actually became the QB1 during the season last year.

No Hatfield..who may be the best FB to ever play at Belfry.. but two really good Fullbacks in Fletcher and Derek Welman. Wellman is a stud but Haywood tries to limit his carries so he stays fresh on Defense.

Willis is Belfry's best HB and looks great this year. Great speed, agility, and has shown some ability to run through tackles this year.

Catron is just tough as nails and plays violent. Quick and is a max effort guy every play and a ferocious blocker.

Belfry rotates in Hunter and Adkins at HB as well and can use Dotson if they need him.

Split end they have rotated four guys.

Probably the deepest I have ever seen a Belfry team in terms of skill player talent... don't have that All-State 1st Team guy out there but I would put Belfry's collective group of talent against anyone in 3A.
I'm friends with a guy that played for Henry clay in 2005. He said they had 7-8 players on that team that signed D-1 and a couple walk-ons. He played for WKU and was the running back for HC
Bigcat Wrote:Haven't gotten to see Belfry yet. How are their skill kids this year. Know it's tough replacing kids like Hatfield and Taylor. Who are their go to guys this year?

I know I'm very biased to the situation. But Belfrys offensive line is the reason we have been so productive. These kids have all guts, are just down right tough and mean!! When you hear pads poppin it's them. These kids pancake all night long, are down field blocking safety's, and blocking defensive players into the sidelines!!! So to me and I said it before mine even started playing at Belfry, they are your go to guys, when you need 3 yards it's them who make it happen.
I just feel like Dotson is Belfry's ace in the hole. I don't think he'll make any appearances unless we get in some trouble in a district game or even a playoff game. Then Coach will bring him out of the bag of tricks.
Belfry in a very close one :Cheerlead
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:I know I'm very biased to the situation. But Belfrys offensive line is the reason we have been so productive. These kids have all guts, are just down right tough and mean!! When you hear pads poppin it's them. These kids pancake all night long, are down field blocking safety's, and blocking defensive players into the sidelines!!! So to me and I said it before mine even started playing at Belfry, they are your go to guys, when you need 3 yards it's them who make it happen.

This year's line has been as impressive as any that I can remember over the past 25 years up to this point.

I know you're a little biased, and really proud, but you should be.
This teams looks pretty darn good

The three teams who beat them are 12-1 combined and ranked #1 in 3A, #1 in 4A, and #2 in 4A. Two are defending State Champs. The only team who really had them beat before the 4th Quarter started is CPA who calpreps has as the #3 overall team in the entire state (Including Ensworth, MBA, Alcoa, Marville, and Brentwood). CPA came to Georgia and beat Peachtree Ridge.. that is no easy task.

Even playing three really good teams they are averaging over 400 yards of offense per game.
Catholic Starting Offense:
T #68 Cade Mays 6'6 305 Soph
G #51 Payne McNutt 6'0 260 Sr
C #64 Logan Punch 6'0 250 Sr
G #54 Jake Coffey 5'11 225 Jr
T #76 John Kerbyson 6'4 280 Jr (I predict he will be their third D-1 player once he is a Senior... kid can play)

QB #16 Chase Cunningham 5'9 155 Jr (Their QB1 and QB2 are injured)

HB1 #4 Jeffrey Wood 5'9 165 Jr (He is their more traditional set-back)
HB2 #5 Hunter Kountz 5'11 185 Jr (He is more of a dual threat H back..they pass to him a lot)

SLOT #3 Amari Rodgers 5'10 195 Jr (Stud.. leader in rushing and receiving they get him the ball every way possible)

WR1 #11 Jake Kyle 6'3 205 Sr
WR2 #8 Cameron Blakely 6'5 190 Soph

Thoughts:
The Cunningham kid may be QB3 but he is going to give Belfry more troubles than their previous starting QB. Not very big, but lightning quick and elusive and plays playground football. Throws very well rolling and very accurate when he sets and throws. The only issue is when the pocket collapses in on him or he feels direct pressure to his face he has a tendency to throw it up for grabs.

Their HB's are quick and versatile, but not very big or powerful. Dangerous in open space but won't be gaining much between tackles. Where they will hurt Belfry is dump downs and check offs.

The line is big and very good at pass blocking. The Tackles are huge and very good, but they are short and small between them. Going to be hard to get outside rush but Belfry can get a middle surge especially if Horton and Bentley occupy two guys. Easy to see why the Mays kid is so highly coveted..for a kid his age he is strong and moves pretty well.

Wide Receivers- The Blakely kid is a huge target but not very polished. His route running isn't as good as the Tates Creek kid who hurt Belfry but he can get the ball and his size will present matchup concerns.

The Kyle kid is solid. He is like the receivers NewCath has. Not exactly a speed burner, not a freak athlete, but runs quality routes, has good hands, and blocks well downfield.

Rodgers is their ace. Not very big, but filthy. Great routes, elite agility, great hands, and versatile. They will go deep to him, they will throw screens, they will run him, and he is deadly in the return game. Have to make sure tackles and force him to make the play with a hand on the ball. Probably the best receiver these Belfry DB's will ever play against.

I still have some confidence, but would rather not elaborate why, but I think if Belfry busts their butts and Haywood plays a little more aggressive than normal we can get some stops where they fail to score. Belfry is going to give up some yards though... wouldn't be surprised to see them gain 350+ yards.