Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knoxville Catholic @ Belfry
Who do you got?
The good news for Belfry?

Knoxville Catholic isn't nearly as dominant as the 2014 version that was probably one of the ten best teams in Tennessee regardless of class. They had some graduation losses and have had some key injuries. They enter this game with only one win.

The bad news for Belfry?
Despite a 1-4 record this is still a very good team and the best team Belfry has faced all year. They have played a downright impossible schedule thusfar with two defending State Champs accounting for a couple of those losses. If you want a Kentucky comparison think of this year's Lexington Catholic or Covington Catholic.

Entering this year I fully expected Belfry to enter as the underdog but think the Pirates enter as the slight favorite. If Belfry executes for 4 Quarters and the Defense plays aggressive I like Belfry to win by 10-14 points. If they start off conservative or show the disjointed form of the 4th Quarter this team will beat Belfry.
Go Fighting Irish!
Also Pirate fans if you thought Burke kid from Tates Creek was tough to defend wait til you see this kid:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4101545/high...2471056/v2

This was Friday against the defending 4A Champs Fulton who is one of the Top 10-15 overall teams in the entire state.

Yeah.... playing Cover Two with 7 yard cushions and only rushing three is not going to work this week. This kid will rip Belfry apart if they let his receivers sit and give him plenty of time to move around to find them.
Meet Amari Rodgers:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2792936/high...2488472/v2

Junior 4* WR committed to USC and the #32 WR in the country in 2017

Also meet Cade Mays
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4028628/

Mays is a Sophomore Tackle who is already committed to Tennessee with offers to Alabama, Texas &M, Clemson, among others.... if Ray and Cole want a chance to impress here it is.

Belfry better pack a lunch and play big boy football
Cov Cath nor Lex Cath are comparable talent wise...maybe in their scheme but they don't have the horse KnoxCath has in the stable.
Leonidas Wrote:Cov Cath nor Lex Cath are comparable talent wise...maybe in their scheme but they don't have the horse KnoxCath has in the stable.

Knoxville Catholic is being overrated just a little :biggrin:
Whatever troll
Leonidas Wrote:Whatever troll

you rang
Leonidas Wrote:Whatever troll

its true.you just dont like truth. :truestory: . you are pumping them up to be world beaters in case you beat them. next time play Maryville :biglmao:
pjdoug Wrote:its true.you just dont like truth. :truestory: . you are pumping them up to be world beaters in case you beat them. next time play Maryville :biglmao:

I wouldn't suggest Belfry or anyone else in the state to play Maryville. Maybe Male or Trinity but that's about it I think. This Knoxville could still be good despite there record.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I wouldn't suggest Belfry or anyone else in the state to play Maryville. Maybe Male or Trinity but that's about it I think. This Knoxville could still be good despite there record.

decent.mediocre at best:trolldad:
Belfry would put a running clock on the team that just put the running clock on your team PJ and I'm willing to say Knox Cath walks away with a win in the CAM this coming Friday.
Best of luck Belfry. . Go kick some Tennessee ass...TongueirateShoTongueirateSho
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Leonidas Wrote:Belfry would put a running clock on the team that just put the running clock on your team PJ and I'm willing to say Knox Cath walks away with a win in the CAM this coming Friday.
You don't believe that :trolldad2:
panther nation Wrote:Best of luck Belfry. . Go kick some Tennessee ass...TongueirateShoTongueirateSho

^Confusednicker:
I think Knoxville Catholic is a bit exaggerated. I'm going to say that Belfry pulls this one out...unless...

They're playing for a state championship.
Knox Cath is a big step up from Chriatian Academy of Knoxville that Belfry has played the past two years. Knox Cath is 2-3 on the season and there losses are to the #2, #11 and #16 teams in the state of TN. While Last year Belfry beat CAK pretty handily, Knox Cath hung 70 on that same CAK team. This is a quality game and could be Belfrys first big loss of the year.

Amari Rogers is scary talented and leads the Irish in Rushing and receiving. The scariest part is they have 2-3 more receivers barely a step below him.

EKU the QB we will likely see is Cooper Edenfield #2 http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2790707/cooper-edenfield
He's been their starter the last game or two. I think #16 is the backup.

If Belfry wins this game it will go back to what I was told by the CAK announcer in Knoxville two years ago. They don't offenses like Belfrys down in TN. They are used to defending the spread and not a QB who lines up under center. Win or lose this is the type of passing team we need to face to prep for good passing teams in the playoffs.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Meet Amari Rodgers:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2792936/high...2488472/v2

Junior 4* WR committed to USC and the #32 WR in the country in 2017

Also meet Cade Mays
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4028628/

Mays is a Sophomore Tackle who is already committed to Tennessee with offers to Alabama, Texas &M, Clemson, among others.... if Ray and Cole want a chance to impress here it is.

Belfry better pack a lunch and play big boy football

I don't think Belfry knows how to play anything other than big boy football lol.
From Catholics website: this was before the Fulton game I believe

RACK ‘EM UP – Catholic has won 96 of its last 124 regular season games

ASSOCIATED PRESS CLASS 4A POLL – Catholic is ranked eighth in this week’s Associated Press Class 4A poll. Fulton is ranked first with 200 overall points and 20 first-place votes. The remainder of the Top 10 includes: 2. Greeneville (172); 3. Crockett County (146); 4. Memphis East (112); 5. Marshall County (103); 6. Hardin County (99); 7. Knox. Central (77); 8. Catholic (52); 9. Ridgeway (50); 10. Jackson North Side (40).

TEAM STATS – Catholic averages 414.0 yards per-game in total offense, including 135.8 yards on the ground and 278.3 yards through the air. Defensively, Catholic allows 337.5 yards per-game, including 187.3 yards on the ground and 150.3 yards through the air. Catholic averages 26.0 points per-game. Opponents average 26.8 points per-game.

INDIVIDUAL LEADERS – Here are Catholic’s leaders in various individual categories:
Rushing: Amari Rodgers – 32 att., 271 yds, 2 TD
Passing: Cooper Edenfield – 13-25-5, 405 yds, 2 TD
Receiving: Amari Rodgers – 15 rec., 495 yds, 4 TD
Scoring: Amari Rodgers – 42 pts.
Tackles: Augie Fortune – 55 Tackles for loss: Austin Rowan – 10
Sacks: Beau Hollin – 2.5
Interceptions: Jack Sompayrac – 2

PLAYERS OF NOTE
2 – Cooper Edenfield (QB, 6-3, 195, Sr.): 11-17-2, 361 yds, 2 TD (70, 83) vs. Morristown East…
3 – Amari Rodgers (WR/RB, 5-10, 190, Jr.): 3 rec, 218 yds, 3 TD (51, 74, 93), 8 att, 112 yds, 93 yd punt ret., 4 tackles, 1 TFL vs. Notre Dame…4 rec, 72 yds vs. Central…3 rec, 90 yds, 1 TD (58); 11 att, 41 yds vs. CPA…7 att, 107 yds, 2 TD (61,19); 5 rec, 115 yds vs. Morristown East…
4 – Jeffery Wood (RB, 5-9, 160, Jr.): 13 att, 31 yds, 2 rec, 24 yds, 2 PBU, 1 INT vs. Notre Dame…9 att, 26 yds, 3 rec, 55 yds vs. Central…16 att, 99 yds, 4 rec, 40 yds vs. CPA…4 rec, 88 yds, 1 TD (70) vs. Morristown East…
10 – Jack Sompayrac (QB/DB, 5-11, 155, So.): 14-23-1, 204 yds, 1 TD (33), 8 tackles, 1 INT vs. Central…7-10-0, 138 yds, 1 TD (58) vs. CPA…23-yd TD run, 6 tackles, 1 INT vs. Morristown East…
21 – Tony Scott (LB, 6-2, 195, Jr.): 9 tackles vs. Notre Dame…5 tackles, 1 TFL vs. Central…7 tackles, 3 TFL vs. CPA…8 tackles, 3 TFL vs. Morristown East…
22 – Joe Fluker (LB, 5-9, 175, So.): 6 tackles, 1 TFL vs. CPA…14 tackles, 1 sack vs. Morristown East…
33 – Augie Fortune (RB/LB, 6-0, 200, Sr.): 22 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 rec, 27 yds vs. Notre Dame…3 rec, 58 yds, 1 TD (33), 12 tackles vs. Central…9 tackles, 2 TFL, vs CPA…12 tackles, vs. Morristown East…
48 – Morgan Ernst (DB, 5-11, 175, So.): 11 tackles, 2 PBU vs. Notre Dame…8 tackles vs. Central…11 tackles, 1 TFL vs. CPA…8 tackles, 3 PBU vs. Morristown East…
57 – Austin Rowan (DL, 6-0, 245, Sr.): 11 tackles, 3 TFL vs. Notre Dame…5 tackles, 2 TFL vs. Central…6 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 blocked kick vs. CPA…12.5 tackles, 4 TFL, 1.5 sacks vs. Morristown East…
Always gonna root for the KY team in these games. I hope Belfry kicks the s^%$ out of them. Good luck Pirates!
Knox Catholic is actually 2-3 having defeated this week's AP 3A number 7 Notre Dame last week 35-17. This past Friday night Catholic met their big district rival Fulton and battled them until the end. Catholic lost 34-23, but trailed only 28-23 with the ball with :37 seconds left and Fulton ended the game on a defensive score for the final margin. Fulton is number one in 4A in TN receiving all 20 first place votes and they are the defending 4A state champion. For reference, Catholic hung 70 plus on CAK last year, the same team Belfry played the last two years.
Belfry by 7. Have to go with the Kentucky team.
Belfry, Kentucky 35
Knoxville Catholic 34

KENTUCKY.....:Cheerlead
64SUR Wrote:Belfry, Kentucky 35
Knoxville Catholic 34

KENTUCKY.....:Cheerlead

is it true that you are moving to South Williamson prior to next season? Confusednicker:
Belfry
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I wasn't aware you could be commited anywhere before you were a junior.
Gator95 Wrote:I wasn't aware you could be commited anywhere before you were a junior.

You could commit as an 8th Grader if you wanted

Have to be a Senior to sign Letter of Intent though.
Year in year out its impressive how tough Belfry schedules! Good luck to the Pirates. Interested to see how their offense does this week.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You could commit as an 8th Grader if you wanted

Have to be a Senior to sign Letter of Intent though.

Really? I didn't know you could be seriously offered by schools that early.