Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
46.67%
Greenup County
53.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland vs Greenup County 9/11
FBALL Wrote:You've got nobody as fast in pads as those 3. Messer drew attention that opened up
Lanes for those RBs and left other receivers open. Young gave you threat running the ball from the QB spot to take it the distance at any time.

As much as I hate to do it I have to agree with F-Ball on this one. Its hard to replace 3 6ft Db's who could all run. What they also did well was run block very well. We have a bunch of mini mites out there this year who are getting thrown around. People are going to continue to load the box on us until we come up with a consistent passing game.
You guys need to relax , taking about make it or break it games hell this isn't ohio the only make it or break it games Raceland has are the playoff games , making fun of Raceland receivers yes they might not be 6 ft tall but they Aren't blocking 6" 250 lbs corners either , in the first three games I don't remember many corners making to many tackles so they must be doing just fine and the passing game Raceland hasn't tried to throw the ball much, last week was the first time they threw it over 10 times and what happened?? 160 some yards and 3 TD's so relax no need to panic give these kids time to work it out
Go Rams!
anotherfootballnut Wrote:You guys need to relax , taking about make it or break it games hell this isn't ohio the only make it or break it games Raceland has is the playoff games , making fun of Raceland receivers yes they might not be 6 ft tall but. Aren't blocking 6" 250 lbs corners either , in the first three games I don't remember many corners making to many tackles so they must be doing just fine and the passing game Raceland hasn't tried to throw the ball much yet last week they was the first time they threw it over 10 times and what happened?? 160 some yards and 3 TD's so relax no need to panic give these kids time to work it out

It was against East Carter.

You lost a kid to graduation that won 4 events at the state track meet. You don't just replace those kind of athletes.
FBALL Wrote:It was against East Carter.

You lost a kid to graduation that won 4 events at the state track meet. You don't just replace those kind of athletes.

Yes it was and they beat them just like they should've so what's your point ?? This isn't track buddy you have to put helmets and pads on and I'll take this years receivers every day and twice on Sunday when it comes to toughness over the one you keep living in the past with. He was good , he was fast but he's gone stop worrying about what Raceland lost and let these kids shine , trust me they will
The point is, no offense to East Carter, but they are awful.

It's not just Messer either. Maverick was very good. Young was a very explosive runner at QB. Not to mention what all 3 of them brought in the secondary.

But you tell yourself whatever you need to. Somebody may buy it.
FBALL Wrote:The point is, no offense to East Carter, but they are awful.

It's not just Messer either. Maverick was very good. Young was a very explosive runner at QB. Not to mention what all 3 of them brought in the secondary.

But you tell yourself whatever you need to. Somebody may buy it.

Yes just like they couldn't replace beach , risner, mac and Adam but Raceland did . I'm not gonna bad mouth past players like you are the current ones but I'll say this to call josh explosive is a big joke and if those receivers were so great why didn't they have a better year passing ? only one of those kids went on to play college football because only one had a offer you act they were all D1 talent sorry but not so much .. I loved watching those kids play , they are all good guys but they are gone .
Raceland is hyped too much on here. I don't think the coaches hype them up this much. Anyway, can't say this much, but this year looks like the Green & Gold will hang one on the Rams.
What did Raceland do to Greenup before Messer?
I know I know......beat the hell out of Greenup!!!
What will Raceland do to Greenup after Messer?
I know I know......beat the hell out of Greenup!!!

Different kids same results.... two more days til the beat down of Greenup
I'll explain myself.........I have spoken to several of Raceland's players and a few coaches. They are nice and polite and seem very football smart. Fans are fanatical, which is not a bad thing. What blemishes a school is the fanaticism that goes too far. Now, I do not think Raceland fans have done this but it can easily happen. I am pretty sure it happened at the JFL level this past weekend and Coach Salmons informed the assistant coach that he was relieved of his duties and an out of district kid was sent back to where he was from due to the antics from the father in the stands. I do not know all the facts but the official I was talking to has a lot of respect for how Raceland runs their program and how "situations" are handled.
If you base your opinion Of Raceland fans by the people that's on here then that's your own fault. People get on here to have fun and cut up. That's what this is about to me,just messing with other people and having fun.people take what's said on here way to serious.To get on here and critique high school football teams is silly. Some people think this is ESPN or something.Just relax and have fun EQV
EsseQuamVideri Wrote:I'll explain myself.........I have spoken to several of Raceland's players and a few coaches. They are nice and polite and seem very football smart. Fans are fanatical, which is not a bad thing. What blemishes a school is the fanaticism that goes too far. Now, I do not think Raceland fans have done this but it can easily happen. I am pretty sure it happened at the JFL level this past weekend and Coach Salmons informed the assistant coach that he was relieved of his duties and an out of district kid was sent back to where he was from due to the antics from the father in the stands. I do not know all the facts but the official I was talking to has a lot of respect for how Raceland runs their program and how "situations" are handled.

Thank you that was nice to hear . Coach salmons isn't the most politically correct person at times but he seems handle situations like this swiftly and correctly , I respect him for that
Btw, EQV, scroll some other threads, this site is LOADED with EKY posters. So a majority of those teams, not named Belfry and Johnson Central, team to be a tad inflated.
EsseQuamVideri Wrote:I'll explain myself.........I have spoken to several of Raceland's players and a few coaches. They are nice and polite and seem very football smart. Fans are fanatical, which is not a bad thing. What blemishes a school is the fanaticism that goes too far. Now, I do not think Raceland fans have done this but it can easily happen. I am pretty sure it happened at the JFL level this past weekend and mCoach Salmons informed the assistant coach that he was relieved of his duties and an out of district kid was sent back to where he was from due to the antics from the father in the stands. I do not know all the facts but the official I was talking to has a lot of respect for how Raceland runs their program and how "situations" are handled.
Just curious what team did jfl episode happen in ??
Parents lose their minds sometimes when it comes to there kids
[quote=RAMDAD50]Parents lose their minds sometimes when it comes to there kids[/QUOTE

Very true, I've been guilty of that
Greenup 34 to 20
RAMDAD50 Wrote:If you base your opinion Of Raceland fans by the people that's on here then that's your own fault. People get on here to have fun and cut up. That's what this is about to me,just messing with other people and having fun.people take what's said on here way to serious.To get on here and critique high school football teams is silly. Some people think this is ESPN or something.Just relax and have fun EQV

Maybe I didn't use English.......I was complimenting Raceland's fans and how the coaches handle "situations". :Shaking:
A respectable 4a team against a good 1a team. Travel 23 in greenup area a lot and greenup county was out working all summer long, so if they lose it won't be for lack of preparation. Interested to see the out come of this one as after powell co these are the next two in line for my dawgs. Dont know if you could this a rivalry game or not imo could go either way, but I will give the rams the edge just because I have a lot of respect for their program. And of course they have the best consession stand in the area.
dawg fan Wrote:A respectable 4a team against a good 1a team. Travel 23 in greenup area a lot and greenup county was out working all summer long, so if they lose it won't be for lack of preparation. Interested to see the out come of this one as after powell co these are the next two in line for my dawgs. Dont know if you could this a rivalry game or not imo could go either way, but I will give the rams the edge just because I have a lot of respect for their program. And of course they have the best consession stand in the area.

I agree 100% on the concession stand and the fan based. :worthy:
RAMDAD50 Wrote:If you base your opinion Of Raceland fans by the people that's on here then that's your own fault. People get on here to have fun and cut up. That's what this is about to me,just messing with other people and having fun.people take what's said on here way to serious.To get on here and critique high school football teams is silly. Some people think this is ESPN or something.Just relax and have fun EQV

I hear what you are saying. This did not just start. I was a member of the other site until 2007 at which time a bunch of Raceland fans ganged up on me as they did several others on here and I was suspended for life. Oh by the way they Raceland guys were moderators. They watched every single post I made. Just a little history on Ram fans. Oh by the way once again they are still out there posting away. The bur is still under my saddle.
I'm looking at this with past history, coaching staffs, athletes, home field ect. Sure Raceland may have lost some outstanding players and maybe some more intangibles. The game is @raceland which gives them the mojo, I'll go with the Rams 30-21
Jeepman Wrote:I hear what you are saying. This did not just start. I was a member of the other site until 2007 at which time a bunch of Raceland fans ganged up on me as they did several others on here and I was suspended for life. Oh by the way they Raceland guys were moderators. They watched every single post I made. Just a little history on Ram fans. Oh by the way once again they are still out there posting away. The bur is still under my saddle.

I am a member on the other site and I am definitely a Raceland Ram fan and I have had my post edited, and threatened to be banned, so just so you know, you weren't singled out. They discipline Ran fans too.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:I am a member on the other site and I am definitely a Raceland Ram fan and I have had my post edited, and threatened to be banned, so just so you know, you weren't singled out. They discipline Ran fans too.

Kinda got in my saddle too, but I'm a big boy and I can handle anything anyone slings my way.
Yeah that other site sucks....... see I can't say that over there they blow.... just got kicked over there again for that one.You can have fun here and raise a little hell.....just got banned for life.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Yeah that other site sucks....... see I can't say that over there they blow.... just got kicked over there again for that one.You can have fun here and raise a little hell.....just got banned for life.

They nail Ram fans too, lol.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Yeah that other site sucks....... see I can't say that over there they blow.... just got kicked over there again for that one.You can have fun here and raise a little hell.....just got banned for life.

They don't cull anybody, don't matter what color your shirt or hat is.
Are all of the Raceland players healthy this week ? I figured Essequamvideri would be able to answer that
Greenup-27
Raceland-21
I would love to place a bet with all you people picking Greenup.
Easy money hahahahaha