Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland vs Greenup County 9/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Greenup is much improved, yet again. Their offense seems to be progressing and their defense is very aggressive and opportunistic. The Rams got their offense going a bit more in their last game and their defense stayed tough. Wht do you all think? Can the Musketeers leave Ram Stadium with a win?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Greenup is much improved, yet again. Their offense seems to be progressing and their defense is very aggressive and opportunistic. The Rams got their offense going a bit more in their last game and their defense stayed tough. Wht do you all think? Can the Musketeers leave Ram Stadium with a win?

Rams by two TD's
I think Greenup has a very real shot at winning this game. Through three games, their defense is only giving up 9.0 ppg and 197 ypg. Granted, they haven't played any offensive juggernauts yet, but aside from a couple of long runs by Russell's Nick Conley, they've been very stingy. Last year's defense was pretty good. I think this year's is better. They're tough and physical in the front seven.

Offensively, QB Jared Hunt has played well so far and is coming off a good game against Fleming Co.(12 of 19 - 212yds - 2 TDs).

At the end of the day though, I think Raceland's superior depth and playmakers win out. The East Carter game may have been just what the doctor ordered for the Rams. Kane Snyder looked a little more like his old self and Davidson continues to sling the ball around the field to several different receivers.

Raceland 31
Greenup Co. 19
Raceland by 14
Mouseketeers 21
Ams 14
The key in this game for the Rams is to score fast and early to take Greenup out emotionally as quickly as possibly. This is not a team that you want to have momentum against and the atmosphere will be electric if their crowd is anything like it was at Russell. The Musketeers hung around late with Russell a few weeks ago and if it wasn't for big plays Greenup would have won that game.

This is a team that Raceland cannot afford to start out sluggish against or it will cost them big time. The Rams can win this game but it is going to be a fight and they will have to put together 4 quarters to pull it off.

Raceland 27
Greenup 19
I think Greenup's quickess upfront could cause Raceland some problems early on, but I dont think they can do enough offensively to win. I think the Ram's offense is starting to click a little bit now with some of the changes that were made upfront. Greenup has the ability to slow the game way down if their defense can keep our offense off the field, if that happens it could be one heckuva ball game. But I think our depth and size upfront eventually wears the Muskies down.

Rams 35
Muskies 14
Raceland goes down in this one.

Greenup 21

Raceland 7
Imo, Greenup will have to establish Ryan Byrd and Jackson out of the backfield on the edge, if they want to win this game. Suprisingly, our secondary has looked pretty good this year, I dont think they are as good against the run at the corner position because they arent quite a physical as Young and Dixon were last year. But they have done a good job stretching plays to the sideline. Greenup is throwing the ball more efficiently this year and I think that if any team that doesnt have a running back with the last name of Baker, first name Q, they are going to have to stay balanced to beat the Rams.

West Carter gave us some issues in the first half with their speed. But the coaches made their adjustments and we just about shut them down in the last 2 quarters, with their only other points coming on kickoff returns, that issue as well, has been resolved. I think this game will be similar.

Common opponent is Lewis county. Hard to tell much with that. I hate it for the Lions, but they seem to be a 6 TD underdog no matter who they face.

Rams hang tough at home and another win before a big task at Valley.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Imo, Greenup will have to establish Ryan Byrd and Jackson out of the backfield on the edge, if they want to win this game. Suprisingly, our secondary has looked pretty good this year, I dont think they are as good against the run at the corner position because they arent quite a physical as Young and Dixon were last year. But they have done a good job stretching plays to the sideline. Greenup is throwing the ball more efficiently this year and I think that if any team that doesnt have a running back with the last name of Baker, first name Q, they are going to have to stay balanced to beat the Rams.

West Carter gave us some issues in the first half with their speed. But the coaches made their adjustments and we just about shut them down in the last 2 quarters, with their only other points coming on kickoff returns, that issue as well, has been resolved. I think this game will be similar.

Common opponent is Lewis county. Hard to tell much with that. I hate it for the Lions, but they seem to be a 6 TD underdog no matter who they face.

Rams hang tough at home and another win before a big task at Valley.
West Carter beat Greenup by at least a TD in the Gid-o-Rama at Lewis Co. It was the game before we played Lewis.
From a Williamsburg fan to all Raceland fans good luck. :popcorn:

Raceland 28
Greenup County 21
RAMS by 2 TD's @ home.
GC is steady, coaching is showing thru. If GC is close into second half anything can happen. If GC had scored first on devils in second half, the final would have been different. This is a trap game for Rams. Rams need to put GC away by half or it's on ...
GReenup County's offense is improved. More looks formation wise and more play makers. Jackson can be a difference maker on both sides of the ball.
this game should be known as the back yard brawl. with so many raceland kids actually living in greenup's backyard:lmao:

the real greenup muskies 22

south greenup rams 20
This will be a war but I think Raceland wins on a late TD. Wouldn't surprise me to see GC pull it off though.
greenup
scrappy coco Wrote:this game should be known as the back yard brawl. with so many raceland kids actually living in greenup's backyard:lmao:

south greenup rams 20

Please name the kids who play for Raceland but live in greeup or just stop your bs bc everyone knows your full of crap
THINBLUELINE411 Wrote:GC is steady, coaching is showing thru. If GC is close into second half anything can happen. If GC had scored first on devils in second half, the final would have been different. This is a trap game for Rams. Rams need to put GC away by half or it's on ...

I don't see this as a trap game at all. A lot of Raceland players were at the Russell-Greenup game and I think they well aware that Greenup is more than capable of beating them after seeing the musketeers play.
If the Muskies (I know...it's a fish) can play penalty free football I think they can pull it off. They have too much speed for Raceland.
scrappy coco Wrote:this game should be known as the back yard brawl. with so many raceland kids actually living in greenup's backyard:lmao:

south greenup rams 20

At one time this statement would have been true but I think you're seeing fewer transfers headed to Raceland nowadays.

south greenup rams 20

Go play fetch with Uncle Scooby, you have no clue.

Let me at em Uncle Scooby, Let me at em. Arf Arf Arf Arf Arf ! ! ! !
How can a team ( Greenup)who never came close to scoring a point in last years match up be favored in this years game when Raceland has almost the same kids as last years team playing this year.Greenup might have closed the gap some but not that much. My Rams are not the team I thought they would be but they are still better then Greenup.
Raceland 34
Greenup 20
RAMDAD50 Wrote:How can a team ( Greenup)who never came close to scoring a point in last years match up be favored in this years game when Raceland has almost the same kids as last years team playing this year.Greenup might have closed the gap some but not that much. My Rams are not the team I thought they would be but they are still better then Greenup.

Because Raceland is nowhere close to the same team they were a year ago and Greenup County has improved.

Somebody said it earlier. Greenup County has more speed than Raceland. They are quick and disruptive on defense. They also have a little offense to go with that D.

Messer, Dixon, Young, Vance. Those guys are being missed a lot.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:How can a team ( Greenup)who never came close to scoring a point in last years match up be favored in this years game when Raceland has almost the same kids as last years team playing this year.Greenup might have closed the gap some but not that much. My Rams are not the team I thought they would be but they are still better then Greenup.

Your team will go through Greenup like a bad dose of castor oil.
FBALL Wrote:Because Raceland is nowhere close to the same team they were a year ago and Greenup County has improved.

Somebody said it earlier. Greenup County has more speed than Raceland. They are quick and disruptive on defense. They also have a little offense to go with that D.

Messer, Dixon, Young, Vance. Those guys are being missed a lot.
You have no clue either, Vance didnt even play his Senior year.
Just hang on you'll get it Friday night.
Just hang on, you'll get it Friday night.
You Ams are so sensitive. You don't have the team speed you had event hough Vance didn't play last year.

It's not a knock. You lost a lot to graduation. This game will be very close. Should be interesting.

I love how anybody that doesn't agree with you doesn't have a clue. That's quite the convincing argument.
Pages: 1 2 3 4