Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland 41 Raceland 21
dawgbyte02 Wrote:tomcats have a lot of work to do. 1st game of season exposed a lot of tomcat weakness's on both offense and defense against a mid-level 1a team. if the tomcats expeArfct to beat jc they will have to improve. as for the rams, they have a long road to go to catch paintsville and i am not sure anyone can catch pikeville.
Arf ! ! Arf ! ! Arf ! !
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Im not sold on Paintsville being leaps and bounds ahead of either Raceland or Fairview just yet. They havent really seen anyone to tell us how good they are. But they will this week, bc Pikeville is darn good. Watched some film snd they are much quicker upfront than they were last year. Ive said it before though, Raceland has alot to work on to get to where they need to be.

That's been said all along, going back to the end of last season. There has been some hype spread here and there that probably didn't need to be spread, oh well, you'll have that every year, but I'm confident everything will be running smoothly come October 16th.
You guys need to relax. Raceland will be fine.
washed up Wrote:There were two flags picked up and two offsetting unsportsmanlike if I remember correctly
I remember at least 4 and they wasn't offsetting , when A kid gets hit 5 yards out of bounds and a flag gets thrown how do you pick that up ? It's just a question like I said the refs didn't determine the game
Play calling has to get better !!!
Rams will be okay. This was not a November loss.
Slic Ric Wrote:You guys need to relax. Raceland will be fine.

I think we will be fine as well. I just dont think that at this point and time, we are as good as I thought we would be. But its just been 2 games. The games Im really interested in right now are Greenup and the two ohio games. Interested in seeing our growth from the Ashland game.
Ashland really needs to settle on a QB, rotating QB's is just not a good option for the team or either of the potential QB's. Very hard to get into a rhythm of into the pace of the game when you're rotating after a mistake or a couple drives. Overall I was impressed by Ashland, we all knew Q is a great talent but the defense looked fast and aggressive. Still a lot of work to do to clean of penalties and coverages but overall I was impressed.
Chief Wahoo Wrote:Ashland really needs to settle on a QB, rotating QB's is just not a good option for the team or either of the potential QB's. Very hard to get into a rhythm of into the pace of the game when you're rotating after a mistake or a couple drives. Overall I was impressed by Ashland, we all knew Q is a great talent but the defense looked fast and aggressive. Still a lot of work to do to clean of penalties and coverages but overall I was impressed.

Yes Ashland attempted one pass and it was a int .. It was good enough to beat receland but that's not gonna cut it against teams like Johnson central and their pass coverage on deep balls wasn't real good , raceland completed one for 41 yards , receiver dropped another one for at least that much and qb lead open receiver to much for another big gain
If I remember correctly, on the one pass Dowdy did throw that was intercepted he only looked at Q, if he would've looked up the seam he had a WR running uncovered.
Another disappointing loss to the putty tats. No offense to Ashland but, if we cant beat Ashland then how do we expect to win a state championship?
Its early still RAD. I think you will see some different packages as the season goes on and I think Damon Black will begin seeing more time on the field as well, maybe not at QB but at RB/WR. Still breaking in a first year QB, new Center, and WR. Defensively we need to stop over persuing. Two of Qs TDs were a result of the DE blowing right by him. Those are two TDs that could have been tackles for loss. You MUST get hat on a back like him before he gets to the LOS. His 19 yd TD rush doesnt bother me, bc it came after a drive of about 50 yds. The big plays are what bother me. Ashland had 375 yards and 7 TDs rushing. Q had 250 and 4 of those. He single handedly beat us. We wont see another back like him all year, outside of the kid from Valley (which i dont think is a complete back like Q). Daniel, Pugh, even the 2 kids from Beechwood, dont have the speed, strength, size, and over all ability that Baker has. We will be fine. Our schedule will have us ready.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Its early still RAD. I think you will see some different packages as the season goes on and I think Damon Black will begin seeing more time on the field as well, maybe not at QB but at RB/WR. Still breaking in a first year QB, new Center, and WR. Defensively we need to stop over persuing. Two of Qs TDs were a result of the DE blowing right by him. Those are two TDs that could have been tackles for loss. You MUST get hat on a back like him before he gets to the LOS. His 19 yd TD rush doesnt bother me, bc it came after a drive of about 50 yds. The big plays are what bother me. Ashland had 375 yards and 7 TDs rushing. Q had 250 and 4 of those. He single handedly beat us. We wont see another back like him all year, outside of the kid from Valley (which i dont think is a complete back like Q). Daniel, Pugh, even the 2 kids from Beechwood, dont have the speed, strength, size, and over all ability that Baker has. We will be fine. Our schedule will have us ready.

I disagree with black getting more playing time not because of talent but because of mind set , he looks scared to me running around trying not to get hit prime example of that is the kick off he looked bad
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I disagree with black getting more playing time not because of talent but because of mind set , he looks scared to me running around trying not to get hit prime example of that is the kick off he looked bad

I dont think you want to get hit when you have the ball. Usually 1 of 2 things happen if you have the ball and get hi. 1, you get tackled, 2 you fumble. Neither are good things. Never good to try to get hit when the ball is in your hands.

Damon could be an explosive WR or RB.
If you run around trying not to get hit at RB you'll have as many negative plays as positive plays. If he doesn't like to get hit maybe WR suits him a bit better.
BOOGIE WOOGIE MAN Wrote:I dont think you want to get hit when you have the ball. Usually 1 of 2 things happen if you have the ball and get hi. 1, you get tackled, 2 you fumble. Neither are good things. Never good to try to get hit when the ball is in your hands.

Damon could be an explosive WR or RB.

If you have the ball in your hands your gonna get hit , wr could be a good position for him he has good speed I would assume good hands and that's a position of need
Raceland has any shot of making Bowling Green Black probably their fastest player has to play somewhere. Synder looks scared or hurt isn't running hard in either game. Back to the game I will give QB and WR advantage to Raceland barely. Ashland won every other one. Someone said Racelands LBs and RBs had the advantage over Ashland. NO NO and NO. O'Byran is a BEAST at LB. Ashland actually played a 4-2-5 with a DB as a LB in this game.
Did anyone see the Hit Baker made at the goal line against a WR after he made the catch.
Did anybody pay attention to the blocking and the blocking scheme of Raceland?I don't know what's going on down there but there are way to many plays where multiple Ram lineman hit nobody.On some plays they all blocked to the right and the play goes to the left. What the hell are the blocking assignments down there Scotty?I know it's been a long time since I played but it makes no sense to me .This team is just not very good boys.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Did anybody pay attention to the blocking and the blocking scheme of Raceland?I don't know what's going on down there but there are way to many plays where multiple Ram lineman hit nobody.On some plays they all blocked to the right and the play goes to the left. What the hell are the blocking assignments down there Scotty?I know it's been a long time since I played but it makes no sense to me .This team is just not very good boys.

Changes have to be made upfront plain and simple
What's that mean Nut? Do mean we have made changes from last week or we have made changes this year or what?
Alot of it had to do with what Ashland was doing upfront, mixing rushes/stunts with their LBs and DL. This game did what it was supposed to do, expose what we need to work on. We got beat by a top 5 school nearly 4 times our size, that included 2 definite D1 atheletes and possibly a 3rd and 4th. If not for a young man by the name of Quiten Baker, Ashland would have lost this game. The ship will get itself righted again, the sky is not falling, we got beat by a better team. Lets get to week 5 or 6 before we fall completely apart on here lol
Who was it in an eaflier post that said one of Racelands kinsman would be the best athlete on the field. If youve ever read any Louisvilles football threads, their fans and raceland are the same people. Both a little delusional.
Spoken from a Russell fan who every chance he gets talkes down on Raceland and thinks Russell invented football and all their players crap golden footballs.Dont worry mightymutt,you will get yours come October!
Raceland fans always build their team up to be better than they actually are. When they lose, they always list reasons why and dream up ways they could have won. It's what makes them Raceland, "the little school that could". If they ever make it to the top of the mountain and win a state title, then victory for them will be sweeter than it has ever been for any other school's fan base because Ram fans can truly say they believe, through thick and thin, against all odds, they always believe.
This is why they are the Ams.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Changes have to be made upfront plain and simple

From what I hear, the OL will be a little different this week. Maybe one different player and another in a different position.
How did both JV teams look tonight.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Spoken from a Russell fan who every chance he gets talkes down on Raceland and thinks Russell invented football and all their players crap golden footballs.Dont worry mightymutt,you will get yours come October!

Finish your homework young man and get to bed, you have class in the morning.
Congrats Tomcats. A very nice win.