Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland 41 Raceland 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
final
Congrats Ashland
Ashoand was better tonight in two places. At LB in comparison to our RBs and at RB. What I saw is a typical, very good, Ashland team with a VERY good RB. Very sloppy game for Ashland, this game could have been worse. Raceland responded well. Proud of them not giving up
I was close....
Putty tats put it on the Rams
Raceland played hard. Ashland sloppy this game should and could have been a lot worse. Ashland has a TON of talent. This could be a special year for the Cats if they want it. Ashland D is aggressive about dang time. Good luck Rams you arent playing many teams this good the rest of the year.
injury free for all I hope. raceland hold your heads up high you represent 1A very well. good win for tomcats
Ashland is far better than Raceland. Penalties and turnovers kept Raceland much closer than they should have been.
That TON of talent wears #5.

He's lucky he wasn't kicked out though. Evidently one of those was not a personal foul.
Raceland is really slow compared to years past.
Congrats to Tomcats. Any stats on Baker
FBALL Wrote:That TON of talent wears #5.

He's lucky he wasn't kicked out though. Evidently one of those was not a personal foul.

13 2 56 9 8 whole OL played great. Of course 5 is a STUD
e's army Wrote:congrats to tomcats. Any stats on baker

18-259 4 tds
Come on Rams. Yall cost me in this one.
No doubt Baker is the difference maker. However, there were several Ashland players better than Raceland's best and it's really not even close. What a luxury to be able to play Kurtlen Brown almost exclusively on defense.
Raceland did some good things and they did some bad things. I think things will get better one they get the offense hashed out.

Ashland played a really good game, Baker is fast, like really fast, but I was more impressed with the intensity of the defense, although it disappeared in the second quarter. Is this the year they put things together and make a run in the playoffs? Only time will tell.
FBALL Wrote:Raceland is really slow compared to years past.
I'm at a loss for how the same kids became so much slower during the off-season. I'm not saying they were blazing fast to begin with, but the speed they had, has disappeared.
Congrats to the Tomcats for the win this evening. Raceland came across a team that was bigger faster and stronger in all aspects of the game and they fought very hard and never gave up. Baker was simply a man amongst boys tonight and he is going to give a lot of teams fits this season. The Rams definitely have some things to improve on as the season progresses and as we reach district play but we will not be seeing anywhere near the athletic talent that was on that Ashland team again this year. Good luck to Ashland the rest of the way I think you could be a very special team this season.
I don't think Raceland has gotten slower in the offseason. The graduation losses they suffered were some of, if not all of, the fastest players on the team.

Ashland is going to need to settle on a QB and develop a passing game if they have any chance of this being a special season.
way to go Tomcats!
Great game but I had to tune in to Dicky M. Ugh I wanted to shove a caulking gun into my ear. Wish I had a nickel for every time I heard "He's a special player"... "the transfer can play"....and of course "give the ball to baker...give the ball to baker" Coach Love pretty much said Ashlands penalties were retaliation penalties. Guess it got ugly in the trenches.
Orange Blaze Wrote:Congrats to the Tomcats for the win this evening. Raceland came across a team that was bigger faster and stronger in all aspects of the game and they fought very hard and never gave up. Baker was simply a man amongst boys tonight and he is going to give a lot of teams fits this season. The Rams definitely have some things to improve on as the season progresses and as we reach district play but we will not be seeing anywhere near the athletic talent that was on that Ashland team again this year. Good luck to Ashland the rest of the way I think you could be a very special team this season.
Ummmm yes we will see athletic talent as good as Ashland. I watched Lucasville Valley and they are very good with athletes all over the field. We better get our crap together in a hurry
Tbh, I am just glad that we didnt beat ourselves with turnovers and dumb penalties. We had both of those, yes, but straight uo got beat tonight by Quinten Baker. I knew he would break his long runs. But we did a decent job at times stopping him or atleast neutralizing him, outside of those runs. Alot of Baker's carries included him making something out of nothing. Alot of it though, was simply Baker is to the line before a hole opens up. Ashland has great team speed on defense and Baker is something special. Still alot of work for Ashland to do on the offensive side of the ball.

As for the Rams, our special teams looked better, Bailey Walker ran really hard and our recievers ran some pretty good routes and made some good catches. Nathaniel is still a young QB (a jr but at the position) with a bit of a learning curve to catch up on and was still a bit dinged up. Still think we are looking for that go to guy in the offense. We now know where we stand and what to work on. Looking foward to seeing how we grow between now and the Lucasville game. After tonight, with Fairview and Paintsville's wins, I dont think Raceland is the clear cut favorite in the district. Our heart and "give a crap" looked better tonight snd we didnt commit dumb penalties for the most part. Still like our chances in the East.
DevilWatcher Wrote:Great game but I had to tune in to Dicky M. Ugh I wanted to shove a caulking gun into my ear. Wish I had a nickel for every time I heard "He's a special player"... "the transfer can play"....and of course "give the ball to baker...give the ball to baker" Coach Love pretty much said Ashlands penalties were retaliation penalties. Guess it got ugly in the trenches.

Baker-ball! Baker-ball! Baker-ball!

Yeah, Dicky was in mid-season form tonight.

Great game from Ashland. Rams showed some fight, but Q was just too much. Maybe Ashland really is a legit contender this year.
got to attend this game. First off the place was rockin, standing room only. Ashland has the making of a great team. Raceland will be fine, just gotta go through a little growing pains.
Congrats to Ashland on a win. Raceland is still a favorite too me but not clear cut. If you take Baker off this Ashland team does Raceland win?
The numbers should speak for themselves in that regaurd. BUT, Ashland's LB corps is the best I have seen in a long time, they were the difference in shutting our offense down in the 1st quarter. Baker had 4 of Ashland's TDs. If Baker isnt involved I think Raceland grinds out a win. Q is a once in ever 15-20 years kind of a player. Especially the 2015 edition. Up until this year I saw him as a D1 tallent that could slip through the cracks and end up leaving Marshall for a smaller school. Now? I think he could potentially be one of the best backs in the conference someday. Interested to see him and Paledino square off. Mu game ball goes to that O'Bryan and the other LBs though.
my Alma mater looks to be in the hunt. good job cats.
Sometimes if you play a faster team it makes you look slow. I wouldn't think they got any slower. It would be a case of Ashland getting faster.
samson81 Wrote:Baker-ball! Baker-ball! Baker-ball!

Yeah, Dicky was in mid-season form tonight.

Great game from Ashland. Rams showed some fight, but Q was just too much. Maybe Ashland really is a legit contender this year.

Dickie Ball!, Dickie Ball!, Dickie Ball!!:Cheerlead:Cheerlead

I know I cant wait to hear Dickie in late season form when Johnson Central puts their annual running clock on Ashland. :yikes::yikes:

Let's see if the "special" player can pick up more than 19 yards this year.

Should be quite the evening!!:rockon:
Pages: 1 2 3 4