Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 68 Pikeville 61
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Alfus, what do you think Paintsvilles players weigh? My guess would be in the 190 to 200 lb range, can anyone from Paintsville verify their weight?

Also, why is it that when a team that was supposed to get blown out of the gym loses by 7 points, that one player gets talked about like this? Remember at his age, he would be a freshman at almost any other school. Would he be getting talked about like this if he was a hold back and was a freshman?

How much does Adams weigh?

I never said anything bad about this loss. I don't know what happened at this game, and I didn't say it wasn't a good game. I'm impressed with Pikeville by the score.

A kid that size in this region will get talked about no matter what. We don't see it often. Learn to accept it.
He weighs right around 215-220, Looking at the players, yes more than one that was guarding him, they are not that much lighter.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:He weighs right around 215-220, Looking at the players, yes more than one that was guarding him, they are not that much lighter.

I apologize then. I really thought he would have weighed more than that since everybody likes to say he's supposedly 6'10.
Good game Pikeville. Adams is not an offensive weapon yet. Also Pikeville missed all their free throws down the stretch or it would have been a ballgame. Pikeville has the best coaching staff and they will definitely improve. Great to see Williams, T May, Jones and D P May on the Pikeville bench. Not a better staff in the state IMO.
Here is a stat for you that made a difference in the outcome:
Paintsville 13 of 16 from ft line.....81%
Pikeville 5 of 13 from ft line.....36%
My observations:
Officials were a non factor...Pikeville is better than people think.
What is wrong with Paintsville? How can the number 1 team in the region walk into Pikeville and only win a game by 7 points? Not to mention shooting 81% from behind the 3 point line? Is this the questions the Paintsville fans were trying to keep from being asked?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
alfus21 Wrote:I apologize then. I really thought he would have weighed more than that since everybody likes to say he's supposedly 6'10.

I take it you have not seen that Lucas boy from East Ridge then. He is a true 6'8" boy but I bet he doesnt even weigh 160 lbs.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:What is wrong with Paintsville? How can the number 1 team in the region walk into Pikeville and only win a game by 7 points? Not to mention shooting 81% from behind the 3 point line? Is this the questions the Paintsville fans were trying to keep from being asked?

There is no way Paintsville shot 81% from behind the arc. So what are you trying to say, Paintsville is over hyped or Pikeville is much better than people give them credit for. Bottom line is Paintsville didn't come ready to play and Pikeville was clickin on all cylinders, Paintsville was pretty much cold the whole game on the offensive side and Pikeville was on fire most of the game.
basketballjones Wrote:I am not talking about him in a negative way. If he is stronger then he doesn't get pushed out of the lane and he will hold on to the ball better. You are right I believe if he would have been held back it would have been a great advantage to him, he will progress and will be fine by the end of the year.

It doesn't matter how strong you are, if you take the ball below your chin the little guys will always knock it away, TRUST me. That's why you are tought to chin the ball, noone can get to it there without fouling. Fundamentals of basketball, gotta learn em and execute em.
Redneck Wrote:????? Paintsville had more fouls called on them in both halves, so how can you say that.

Your kidding me? Pikeville had wayyyyyyy more foul calls against them...Paintsville didn't get hardly any till near the end of the game
Panther#42 Wrote:Your kidding me? Pikeville had wayyyyyyy more foul calls against them...Paintsville didn't get hardly any till near the end of the game

At the beginning of the 4th quarter the fouls were Paintsville 10, Pikeville 5
Nice win for the tigers. Any win on the road is a good win!!
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:What is wrong with Paintsville? How can the number 1 team in the region walk into Pikeville and only win a game by 7 points? Not to mention shooting 81% from behind the 3 point line? Is this the questions the Paintsville fans were trying to keep from being asked?
That was 81% from the FT line.
Redneck Wrote:, Paintsville was pretty much cold the whole game on the offensive side and Pikeville was on fire most of the game.
Paintsville shot 49 % from the field in the first half...Pikeville shot 46%.
Panther#42 Wrote:Your kidding me? Pikeville had wayyyyyyy more foul calls against them...Paintsville didn't get hardly any till near the end of the game
Paintsville was called for 16 fouls while Pikeville was whistled for 15.
Did you even see this game or was it through maroon colored glasses??
Sorry Fox, misread your post. I think that Paintsville did shoot the ball pretty good though. Did that Meade boy from Paintsville miss a 3?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Sorry Fox, misread your post. I think that Paintsville did shoot the ball pretty good though. Did that Meade boy from Paintsville miss a 3?
Hit his first 3...ended up 3 of 5 from the arc.

Nothing is wrong with Paintsville! People this sport is BASKETBALL, Anyone can be beaten on any given night and teams are always going to play hard against a team like the Tigers. The Tigers are going to have a whole lot of close games this year. What they are going to have to do is finish those games and come out with wins. That is what your good teams do, they finish with the win. No matter the score. As far as anyone saying they would win by 50. Please, get realistic here. I never saw that post on that thread. As for the Adams KID! He is a 15 yrd old Sophomore! Heck that's the age of most 8th graders in Johnson County! He is still developing and growing. Coach Williams will be working him during the off season. You can guarentee that. And YES Paintsville will lose a game or two in the 15th Region this year. Just as will every team in the state will lose a game or two this year. That's Basketball! Good Job Tigers! I don't care if you win by 1 or by 20. A W is a W. Just keep winning. Way to shoot the ball Meade! Don't get used to being left open though. People will start taking notice and start putting a hand in your face. If they don't, OH Well. Just keep cranking away!
gd job on the W
Congrats Paintsville!! Work harder every day!
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Sorry Fox, misread your post. I think that Paintsville did shoot the ball pretty good though. Did that Meade boy from Paintsville miss a 3?
I've never seen so many crybabies like I have from Pikeville...You all need to move on and dont let this loss get the best of ya like it seems to be...Clevenger didnt have 27 btw, he had 24...Thank you
Geez , misread a post and that makes someone a crybaby? Or was it the bragging on the other teams shooting that did it? I don't see where any of Pikeville's players are being cry babies.
In all honesty I have been hearing so much about those Paintsville Tigers that I thought they would be really impressive. That just wasn't the case at all, they are not very athletic and honestly don't play very good defense. They are pretty physical, but really quite small. They are a solid team, don't get me wrong, but not what everyone builds them up to be. They don't walk out of the gym with a victory if not for the big shots from the shaggy haired kid coming off the bench. I think his name is Meade?
Larry Legend Wrote:In all honesty I have been hearing so much about those Paintsville Tigers that I thought they would be really impressive. That just wasn't the case at all, they are not very athletic and honestly don't play very good defense. They are pretty physical, but really quite small. They are a solid team, don't get me wrong, but not what everyone builds them up to be. They don't walk out of the gym with a victory if not for the big shots from the shaggy haired kid coming off the bench. I think his name is Meade?

Paintsville plays to the competition, meaning if they play a weaker team they play weak, when they play better teams they play better. It was obvious Paintsville wasn't ready to play, they weren't pumped up or excited like Pikeville was, makes alot of difference. I would say this game was more impressive then a 50+ point victory by Shelby Valley against the worst team in Virginia. :thumpsup:
Playing to the level of your competition is a bad habit that isn't what happened. But, it makes you better to think that doens't it? The problem was the competition is on their level. They could play 10 times and Paintsville would never blow this team out, Pikeville is too scrappy for that.
Larry Legend Wrote:Playing to the level of your competition is a bad habit that isn't what happened. But, it makes you better to think that doens't it? The problem was the competition is on their level. They could play 10 times and Paintsville would never blow this team out, Pikeville is too scrappy for that.

Yeah, it makes me feel real better thinking that Rolleyes . I have been there done that, and if you are who I think you are then should know that. We (Pikeville College football) played like that every game last year (2005 season). EVERY game was close except the St.Francis game. We barely beat the teams we should have blown out and lost to two teams that were better than us by a total of 3 points. It's hard to get pumped up for games you know you will win (not trying to sound cocky). You haven't seen Paintsville play near as much as I have, I can tell when they are ready to play and pumped up, and believe me, they weren't either lastnight. Had they have came out lastnight and played like they did against Lawrence County, Paintsville would have won this game by 20+.
Al I have heard is how good this Paintsville group is... I have watched them play over and over, I'm still not impressed. They are a good team with some good players, but they were supposed to be competing for state titles by now. If you go by what people said when this group were freshman. I'm not trying to knock a good team, but they would not beat this Pikeville squad 20+ unless both teams did some drastic changing.
Congrats Paintsville
Great win Tigers.
Good game throughout in this one. Congrats to Paintsville on the W.