Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tom Larkey named head coach at Perry Central
Will Coach Norman and Jones be back on the coaching staff?
Last I heard, is that Norman was over at Knott Central helping out his good friend and mentor Coach Chapman. Someone told me the Jones guy was goiiing to take the Jenkins program again.
I'm really anxious to see what comes of this hire. They sure got a Keeper in Larky, but PCC had better change their ways to keep him. They are awful hung up on The round ball. Another thing they really need to get downpat is get more kids out of their highschool hallways and onto the field. Congrats to Larky, seems like a big uphill battle to me tho. I hope all turns out well.
Heard that Cannady was hired to coach defense today. Clifford McIntyre is back coaching DBs and Recievers. Two excellent additions.
Great hire for Perry Central
The Eagle has landed Wrote:If you like to win who cares if you throw it or run it. The man has won 292 football games. Kinda sounds like he knows what he is doing.

Anyone can win 292 games if you coach forever like larkey. He needs to retire he is to old.
wiznut Wrote:Anyone can win 292 games if you coach forever like larkey. He needs to retire he is to old.

Why would a southwestern fan like you wiznut be worrying about coach Larkey. :pondering:
64SUR Wrote:Why would a southwestern fan like you wiznut be worrying about coach Larkey. :pondering:

because I can dummy
wiznut Wrote:because I can dummy

:pondering:
:pondering:
pjdoug Wrote::pondering:
wiznut Wrote::pondering:

Confusedtare:
Confusedilly:
pjdoug Wrote:Confusedtare:
Commodores will still be mediocre at best.
pjdoug Wrote:Commodores will still be mediocre at best.

That is so not a why reason to express for reasons various such as yours for coming from long attitude toughness mentality :disappoint:
wiznut Wrote:That is so not a why reason to express for reasons various such as yours for coming from long attitude toughness mentality :disappoint:

try again and make it legible :dontthink
Bad hire very inexperienced coach.
Hows the Commodores looking in Spring ball?
wiznut Wrote:Anyone can win 292 games if you coach forever like larkey. He needs to retire he is to old.

Yesterday someone told me that Larkey wants to coach until he needs 300 wins. If so it willl take him 3 years to win 8 games at PCC.
UK#24 Wrote:Yesterday someone told me that Larkey wants to coach until he needs 300 wins. If so it willl take him 3 years to win 8 games at PCC.

I'm going to keep this post in mind for sometime down the road.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:I'm going to keep this post in mind for sometime down the road.

i thought i was being nice.
this is still a school that won 1 game last year.
I think in 3 years Larkey can get 10 wins.
2 wins - 1st year (still lots fixing to do)
3 wins - 2nd year
5 wins - 3rd year
I have a great deal of respect for Tom Larkey, as many HC fans do. I wish him the best of luck next year.
Wish Tom the best!!
Good Luck coach Larkey.
Great hire, Hes old school and one of the best
Good luck Tom
UK#24 Wrote:i thought i was being nice.
this is still a school that won 1 game last year.
I think in 3 years Larkey can get 10 wins.
2 wins - 1st year (still lots fixing to do)
3 wins - 2nd year
5 wins - 3rd year

They also lost 4 games by less then a touchdown. Which means they easily could have won 5 games last year with a VERY young team. Including every district loss. Which shows they could have won district had 2 or 3 plays went their way. They could easily win 5+ games this year.
This is going to be a break out year for Damon Tobler in rushing and TD. I think colleges should be looking at this kid. :Cheerlead
Tobler is two to one a better football player than basketball. But I heard he was not going to play football he may not even be going to school their come this fall if people are telling the facts.
^ I heard he he wouldn't play football a week or two ago.