Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tom Larkey named head coach at Perry Central
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just announced by WYMT.
Confirmed through AD Eddie Browning.
That didn't take long....Good hire!
Great hire!!! Perry County Central. :Cheerlead
Excellent hire. Let's see if he puts a passing game in the offense..
Great call Gut. This is going to be interesting. I thought technically a position had to be posted for 30 days. Regardless, great hire.
The job does have to be posted for 30 days unless it is a position that requires an immediate person due to academics suffering. I do not believe the football position would meet the guidelines.
great job by Perry not to mess around, they went and got the best available coach and that is a step in the right direction. This is just what that program needed. Congratulations to coach Larkey and the Commodores
Westside Wrote:Great call Gut. This is going to be interesting. I thought technically a position had to be posted for 30 days. Regardless, great hire.
Certified positions do, like teaching jobs, etc. Classified jobs like coaching and bus driving, etc. do not have to be posted.
Great hire and it will be an exciting future for the Dores.
Like I said earlier, no brainier. Someone else was saying.............looks like the administration just got a little serious.
Making the most out of a bad situation.

The Harlan County game, though it hasn't always been competitive, is always circled on the schedule.

It is now circled three times in red.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Certified positions do, like teaching jobs, etc. Classified jobs like coaching and bus driving, etc. do not have to be posted.

True, probably the biggest misconception on coaching hires.
Kinda like people thinking you have to have some great passing offense to win high school football games. The Ole slant, hitch, and fade is all you need along with some play pass plays. I'm sure we will see the Ole Rocket Special at PCC next year. Good luck coach!
Great hire.
Perry fans should be very excited for this.
holy shit in 24 hours
Of all openings, Perry made the best one hands down
Now THAT was awesome. Great job and good luck, 'Dores!
So. Is he only going to coach? He is not going to need another job? Perry County must pay their coaches awful well.
Larkey should take Canady with him.
congrats to coach Larkey and to P.C.
I think that's a no brainer bear claw.
I don't think Perry Central could have gotten any better guy and coach to run their program other than Tom Larkey. He'll have PCC up and back on the map before long, I do believe.

Congrats PCC and Coach Larkey
Great hire
Congratulations on the coaching hire, PC. Larkey will do you a great job, I'm sure.

JerryGarcia Wrote:I think that's a no brainer bear claw.
It may be a no brainer, but I don't believe it's going to happen. Last I heard Canady was coaching his son's age group.
Lets recap the history of PCC football in 3 paragraphs. Many coaches have come and many have moved on. Searcy had 1 or 2 decent seasons, Browne had a few winning seasons, Haddix had 1 productive season. In my opinion Browne would have made a good run if his ego and personality had not gotten the best of him. Haddix could have had made a good run if he had not gotten greedy and lazy. Then you have the others that had made an appearance lol.

2. This school was a consolidation of M.C. Napier and Dilce Combs with M.C. Napier being the only one with a football program. Many people want to say that the southern end kids don't play because of transportation and that they live so far away. To use this as an excuse cracks me up. I have never heard this excuse used for the basketball program, these kids never miss a basketball practice or a game.

3. Parents.....These are the ones that really get me, the arm chair coaches. There is a complaint on this coach, there is a complaint on that coach. It is always the coaches fault.
Why did they call this? Why did they pass it when they should have obviously ran it up the middle!! They are not giving junior enough touches!!!

For the first time in school history the administration has hired a coach with a proven track record. They have hired a coach who knows what it takes to prepare his warriors for battle. If this man cannot turn this program around then who is to blame?
I have one reservation in all of this and that is the time that Larkey can put in.

With Amis you knew it was going to take time, but you knew that Amis would have stuck with the program for years and years because it's in his blood.

Larkey is a great coach with a proven track record, but he's got to build a program now.

I have no doubt we will see improvement, but how many years do we think Larkey will put in at Perry.
^^^^^That is why you bring someone on board to groom to take over when he decides to hang it up.
Who Possbly may be the assistants
zaga_fan Wrote:I have one reservation in all of this and that is the time that Larkey can put in.

With Amis you knew it was going to take time, but you knew that Amis would have stuck with the program for years and years because it's in his blood.

Larkey is a great coach with a proven track record, but he's got to build a program now.

I have no doubt we will see improvement, but how many years do we think Larkey will put in at Perry.

What happened to Amis?
Pages: 1 2 3